Pre-season friendly
Sunday 25 September 2016
Melbourne City FC v Auckland City FC
City Football Academy, Melbourne
Kick-off: 10.00am local time

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Deluka said:

A game is what will get me to family day

They used to play games at family day. They were definitely not worth making the trip for. Although these days we arent standing knee deep in mud watching a handful of obscure fringe players lazily have a kick about on a paddock with a rusty old bus stop for a bench so it will probably be more pleasant than it used to be.

City has one more behind-closed-doors friendly against Central Coast on Friday before its season opener against the Phoenix in Wellington on October 8.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/tim-cahill-nicolas-colazo-score-for-melbourne-city-in-friendly-win-over-auckland-city/news-story/4c467760a68f32e005d2692fa946ce94

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Has anyone able to get the time the game is on? I was going to head over.

As in the wellington game?

I looked at the prospect of going, but it was going to be a grand for flights and accommodation for me and d'wife. 

Maybe the next match in February,  we will make it a week long trip and drive up to Auckland to visit some friends 

Edited by japiedog

4 minutes ago, japiedog said:

As in the wellington game?

I looked at the prospect of going, but it was going to be a grand for flights and accommodation for me and d'wife. 

Maybe the next match in February,  we will make it a week long trip and drive up to Auckland to visit some friends 

No. Today's game at CFA against CCM

Was told by a member of the city staff that we were loosing 1- 0 , playing shit and Brattan scored the equaliser at the end of the first half. 10 mins into the second period Caceres came on, he started dictating play, we took control of the game and ended up winning 2-1 with Colazo tapping in a cross after Caceres created some magic.

1 hour ago, DAM10 said:

Was told by a member of the city staff that we were loosing 1- 0 , playing shit and Brattan scored the equaliser at the end of the first half. 10 mins into the second period Caceres came on, he started dictating play, we took control of the game and ended up winning 2-1 with Colazo tapping in a cross after Caceres created some magic.

Good to hear that the likes of Caceres coming off the bench and having a good impact. We haven't had impact players off the bench like this before. 

On 30 September 2016 at 2:53 PM, DAM10 said:

TBH I can't think of any player in the A-league that can go with Colazo as he is at another level. Caceres will come into his own this season. We saw glimpses of it last season and it was class. He is included in the many match winners we have on our team. Interested to see who starts next week.

10 hours ago, playmaker said:

TBH I can't think of any player in the A-league that can go with Colazo as he is at another level. Caceres will come into his own this season. We saw glimpses of it last season and it was class. He is included in the many match winners we have on our team. Interested to see who starts next week.

Caceres has shown glimpses of talent and has even been a match winner but he is inconsistent. I think that he needs to provide as a minimum a workhorse performance every week where he doesn't do anything spectacular but justifies his selection in the starting XI. Of course some silky smooth skills once in a while would justify the clubs faith in him. Alternatively, he could come in as a super sub and be a match winner but then he would need to do something special every week.

I'm not so concerned about our abilities up front, because we have enough players to win matches, provided van 't Schip can select and manage his bench appropriately, although I don't think we will score as prolifically as last season. IMO it's the defence that is the concern, because pre-season indicates that we're going to give up a goal a game fairly readily.

But the wondering is almost over. I think two tough away matches to start with will tell us a lot.

• Like 2