Melbourne Football

Pre-season 2016

Dylan

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Supposedly starts today. I hope this pre season they actually put a lot of photos and videos on the website of pre season. Unlike every other year when they say they are going to and it lasts about a week. 

I wouldn't hold your breath. The club is in hibernation.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, haz said:

Kuzi, Chapman, Malik, Franjic, Kamau, Arzani, 'Guy in Beanie'

Whose number 39?

number 39 looks like one of the players in our NPL team. I've forgotten his name.

npl-vs-bendigo_1n8jbln9hao4o12ff9rxamb8d

the one on the left

Edited by jeffplz

1 hour ago, haz said:

Kuzi, Chapman, Malik, Franjic, Kamau, Arzani, Eyigun, 'Guy in Beanie'

Update (From Snapchat Story): Retre, Clisby, Melling, Muscut

So...no sighting of Bouzanis, Sorensen, Brattan, Caceres, Mooy, Fornaroli, Gameiro or Fitzgerald (honeymoon?).

I suppose we assume Eyigun is signed to the seniors?

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It's a 30 second video you're all reading WAY too far into this

Precisely. But if we could get more, and more timely, information from the club then there would be less speculation. I think it's called "fan engagement"...

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It's a 30 second video you're all reading WAY too far into this

Don't be deluded. Clearly somethings going on here if our main players aren't training. I mean preseason has started for fuck sake. Why wouldn't they be here? Absolutely no excuses unless the club has failed to sign them on for next season. God imagine if we lost Bruno, Mooy, Sorenson, etc. How the hell do they expect to replace them with only a few months to go. And then JVS is still here so that means we'll get off to a shit start again this season. And then we were told we'd be getting this amazing assistant from the EPL instead we get rejects from the aleague. Safe to say we're fucked this season, totally fucked. And the worst part is the season is only a few fucking months away. Disaster. 

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

So...no sighting of Bouzanis, Sorensen, Brattan, Caceres, Mooy, Fornaroli, Gameiro or Fitzgerald (honeymoon?).

I suppose we assume Eyigun is signed to the seniors?

Sorensen had that he was at a wedding on the weekend, I think it was in Europe

10 hours ago, jeffplz said:

number 39 looks like one of the players in our NPL team. I've forgotten his name.

npl-vs-bendigo_1n8jbln9hao4o12ff9rxamb8d

the one on the left

57 is almost certainly Giuseppi Marafioti he has grown up since I taught him at school. I think he got kicked out in year 11 or 12 hopefully he has pulled his head in.

4 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

Don't our international players always come back later so they can spend more time at home? I'm sure this has happened before.

We can think of reasons why some wouldn't have been at the first day, but I wouldn't have classified Brattan and Caceres as "international players." Contracted to Manchester City yes, but international no.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We can think of reasons why some wouldn't have been at the first day, but I wouldn't have classified Brattan and Caceres as "international players." Contracted to Manchester City yes, but international no.

Just because we didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there - look at Gamerio (or not), we didn't see him but the club said last week he'd be doing preseason training this week.

58 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

Just because we didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there - look at Gamerio (or not), we didn't see him but the club said last week he'd be doing preseason training this week.

Yea Gameiro is there (from a post on instagram) , think he's training by himself still.

Edited by haz

13 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

Don't our international players always come back later so they can spend more time at home? I'm sure this has happened before.

Correct. As I've been told. And as can be seen on social media (e.g. on Sorensen's Instagram; he's still in Europe). I believe the Visa players are due back in a few more weeks (don't know how long exactly).

Looks like every player is pretty much fit ATM--a pleasing way to start pre-season. Good to see Gameiro back. Unclear if he's doing full training, but good to see him back on the pitch kicking a ball around.

Also I think I saw Caceres around 2.25 minutes in the latest video (in the background to the left of Kamau), but it's hard to be sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

Correct. As I've been told. And as can be seen on social media (e.g. on Sorensen's Instagram; he's still in Europe). I believe the Visa players are due back in a few more weeks (don't know how long exactly).

Looks like every player is pretty much fit ATM--a pleasing way to start pre-season. Good to see Gameiro back. Unclear if he's doing full training, but good to see him back on the pitch kicking a ball around.

Also I think I saw Caceres around 2.25 minutes in the latest video (in the background to the left of Kamau), but it's hard to be sure.

Forgive my cynicism but all that says to me that the remaining visa spots will be filled with injured players.

From Melbourne City website looks like visa players will be back training in a fortnight.

John van’t Schip and his new look coaching team got back to work on the Academy Pitches as the side’s Elite Pitch is resurfaced ahead of its gruelling schedule.

Senior Assistant Michael Valkanis and Assistant Joe Montemurro took the reins during the opening session as the boys got the ball rolling before the intense conditioning sessions in the coming week.

A raft of new faces hit the pitch in City colours for the first time on Monday with Manny Muscat, Bruce Kamau and Daniel Arzani meeting their new teammates for the first time. A number of NPL and NYL players will also join the pre-season squad as John van’t Schip prepares the group for its first practice matches towards the end of July and the Westfield FFA Cup Round of 32.

With a long four month pre-season ahead, a range of international representatives and visa players will make their return to the training track in the coming fortnight as they return to Melbourne to begin their 2016/17 journey.

For all pre-season updates and upcoming friendlies, stay tuned to melbournecityfc.com.au

25 minutes ago, pm37 said:

With a long four month pre-season ahead, a range of international representatives and visa players will make their return to the training track in the coming fortnight as they return to Melbourne to begin their 2016/17 journey.

Sounds very promising.