Melbourne Football

Tim Cahill

Murfy1

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever happened to this bloke? The glamour boy of the A-League, season-long guest marquee, going to take the League to new heights, etc. etc. Now red-carded for an off-the-field incident. How the mighty have fallen. What a millstone around our necks he has become.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Whatever happened to this bloke? The glamour boy of the A-League, season-long guest marquee, going to take the League to new heights, etc. etc. Now red-carded for an off-the-field incident. How the mighty have fallen. What a millstone around our necks he has become.

Harsh. I would have thought he's been doing his job thus far. Only a few goals behind Bruno and he's not taking pens.

Obviously he fucked up last night but at least he's passionate about us winning.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Anyone here anything about his big announcement. Was on instagram.

Obviously can't be that big otherwise he would have waited for tomorrow around 10am. 

He was about to board what looked like a chartered jet. Wearing his City gear.

Also on his Twitter account.

Edited by jw1739

2 hours ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Fuck Nissan. Getting sick of Cahill's promotional work for other brands. Get stuffed. What a disaster of a season .

Nissan is one of our major partners, so I suppose it's what he has to do. But nevertheless I'd rather see reports of him working hard for the club at CFA, not only with the seniors but our other teams as well, rather than posing in front of a chartered jet.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Timmy has scored 7 goals out of the 14 games this season. I honestly don't think that is a bad stat to have. Just keep banging them in and I'll be happy.

To bang them in you need to be on the pitch. Total lack of professionalism to be missing in our next match when we have so many others missing. And after such a display I don't warm to seeing his mug advertising a sports car.

But he's not the only one. To have seven players missing because of suspension is a disgrace. 

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

To bang them in you need to be on the pitch. Total lack of professionalism to be missing in our next match when we have so many others missing. And after such a display I don't warm to seeing his mug advertising a sports car.

But he's not the only one. To have seven players missing because of suspension is a disgrace. 

It's just a coincidence all picked up yellow cards at the same time and at a crucial stage. There are another 3 teams that are high on yellow cards and will be missing the next game if one more is received. At least one positive is we get to clear all of the yellow cards well before the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Tony999 said:

It's just a coincidence all picked up yellow cards at the same time and at a crucial stage. There are another 3 teams that are high on yellow cards and will be missing the next game if one more is received. At least one positive is we get to clear all of the yellow cards well before the end of the season.

AAH but was it just a coincidence or were other factors in play ??

3 hours ago, Tony999 said:

We don't. The next suspension comes on 8 accumulated cards, i.e. another 3. We don't go back to zero in this league.

5 hours ago, Tony999 said:

It's just a coincidence all picked up yellow cards at the same time and at a crucial stage. 

No mate, it's not a pub team.

All these guys knew they were on 4 and should have had that in the back of their minds, especially when their teammates started getting rubbed out. 

It reflects badly on them as pros, but also reflects even worse on the stand in manager.

oh and I've generally been pretty happy with Cahill, but that red was totally unprofessional. We needed him on the pitch then, to try to save the game. He let us down. Owes us one, next game.

Edited by Shahanga
Cahill
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, jw1739 said:

to be fair, pretty sure bruno and bratten have been on 4 for a while (and possibly brandan)
bratten been playing cautiously because of it too

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shahanga said:

oh and I've generally been pretty happy with Cahill, but that red was totally unprofessional. We needed him on the pitch then, to try to save the game. He let us down. Owes us one, next game.

Not happy with the red either, but clearly this meant something to him to ark up the way he did. Showed some fuckin passion. Bouzanis was in a simular boat. Both went the wrong way about it, but i'd prefer a bloke who clearly shows a bit of passion then a bloke who clearly doesn't give a fuck

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Just on this, is it actually a fact Cahill was going to come on or was he just standing there part of the bench and got himself involved during the incident. 

I was watching the players warm up behind the bench prior to the goals a d Retre was going flat out whilst Timmy was just standing there most of the time leaning on a seat, he just didnt look right. My money was in Retre was about to be subbed on before the incident...

Agree though that he shouldn't have got involved like that in the first place. 

Just now, rass said:

Just on this, is it actually a fact Cahill was going to come on or was he just standing there part of the bench and got himself involved during the incident. 

I was watching the players warm up behind the bench prior to the goals a d Retre was going flat out whilst Timmy was just standing there most of the time leaning on a seat, he just didnt look right. My money was in Retre was about to be subbed on before the incident...

Agree though that he shouldn't have got involved like that in the first place. 

Nah he was def about to come on. His bib was off.

• 4 weeks later...