Melbourne Football

Tim Cahill

Murfy1

8 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

If JA is the coach there wouldn't be that many understanding. No worries, Jim Magilton the Second is undeniable authority.

I think you are an Intellectual Being from another dimension hence why no one can understand what you are saying

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

If JA is the coach there wouldn't be that many understanding. No worries, Jim Magilton the Second is undeniable authority. 

I had to do 'English' to English Google translation to work out what your saying and still don't know what the fuck you're talking about 

Just my thoughts on this whole matter, and they're more holistic.

How difficult is it to have just one season free from cultural controversies, behavioural issues, mismanagement and half witted decision making? Is that too much to ask for in an organisation that is working day in day out to arrive at the same goal. I mean we hire people to make this process of achieving 'success' possible. How do we get it so wrong everytime. Who is making these decisions that are leading us to a plethora of problems each and every bloody season. I want to know answers to these questions. We may have a new manager, but the smell of rot still exists somewhere within the club. 

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

I want to know answers to these questions. We may have a new manager, but the smell of rot still exists somewhere within the club. 

Image result for scott munn soccer
Dont know if it is actully Munn who is to blame (although he is a common denominator). Wouldn't be surprised if a phone convo with Marwood to Munn pretty much goes along the lines of 'Yea everything is fine, no need for changes, our performances will improve we just have some injuries'
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

FWIW I don't buy the "lack of playing time" argument for one moment tbh. I think there is more going on here. 

Round 1 vs Brisbane. 0 minutes as he was away with the Roos.

Round 2 vs Victory. 10 or so minutes off the bench after playing 120 for the roos mid-week.

Round 3 vs Wellington. 8 or so minutes off the bench. Team won the week before, no need to shuffle things around too much. 

Round 4 vs Adelaide. 20 minutss off the bench. Our starting striker scored two goals and he still got 20 minutes.

Round 5 vs Sydney. Started and got injured. Withdrawn after 25 minutes.

Round 6 vs Wanderers. 0 minutes as unavailable with the Socceroos.

Round 7 vs Brisbane. 0 minutes, club listed him as unavailable due to ongoing ankle injury from Sydney game.

Round 8 vs Perth. 25 minutes off the bench. Return from injury. 

Round 9 vs Newcastle. 15 minutes off the bench.

This is a striker who has yet to score a goal for us this season. Our other striker is second in the league's golden boot standings. As you can see, he hasn't exactly been fully available, and when he has been he hasn't exactly been doing a lot for us on the park. He even mentioned in his statement yesterday that he is still carrying the ankle injury from the Sydney FC game. The worst part is that the last game he played before his game-time comments he actually started. The playing time argument he makes is bullshit imo and there are reasons behind the scenes that he's leaving.

According to his autobiography, Timmy sees himself as a real leader at every club he plays for, and likes to be heavily involved in helping the coaches make decisions. He speaks about how both he and Thierry Henry basically coached New York Red Bulls whilst their manager was just there for looks essentially. There was also a rumour coming out of the City camp last season that JVS had lost the squad and that Cahill was doing basically most of the coaching himself. Now I don't know about you, but Warren Joyce doesn't exactly strike me as the kind of bloke who would want to let a player do most of the decision making for him. He seems like the kind of bloke who would not want his authority questioned. If you ask me, Valkanis got the sack by Marwood and so did Timmy.

Excellent. 

FWIW I don't buy the "lack of playing time" argument for one moment tbh. I think there is more going on here. 

Round 2 vs Victory. 10 or so minutes off the bench after playing 120 for the roos mid-week.

Round 3 vs Wellington. 8 or so minutes off the bench. Team won the week before, no need to shuffle things around too much. 

Round 4 vs Adelaide. 20 minutss off the bench. Our starting striker scored two goals and he still got 20 minutes.

Round 7 vs Brisbane. 0 minutes, club listed him as unavailable due to ongoing ankle injury from Sydney game.

This is a striker who has yet to score a goal for us this season. Our other striker is second in the league's golden boot standings. As you can see, he hasn't exactly been fully available, and when he has been he hasn't exactly been doing a lot for us on the park. He even mentioned in his statement yesterday that he is still carrying the ankle injury from the Sydney FC game. The worst part is that the last game he played before his game-time comments he actually started. The playing time argument he makes is bullshit imo and there are reasons behind the scenes that he's leaving.

According to his autobiography, Timmy sees himself as a real leader at every club he plays for, and likes to be heavily involved in helping the coaches make decisions. He speaks about how both he and Thierry Henry basically coached New York Red Bulls whilst their manager was just there for looks essentially. There was also a rumour coming out of the City camp last season that JVS had lost the squad and that Cahill was doing basically most of the coaching himself. Now I don't know about you, but Warren Joyce doesn't exactly strike me as the kind of bloke who would want to let a player do most of the decision making for him. He seems like the kind of bloke who would not want his authority questioned. If you ask me, Valkanis got the sack by Marwood and so did Timmy.

Whether that last part of your post is true or not that's an excellent post. Well done sir. 

It was the "my players" comments last season that told me exactly what you say above.

2 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Also add into that in 2 of the games he came off bench we were down to 10 men, not very often your rush to put an extra striker on when this happens 

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

@GreenSeater Hope you don't mind, I grabbed that info you put together regarding Timmys whereabouts each round to rebut some flogs arguement on 442

I wish I'd had it to hand yesterday when trying to make the same point on the Guardian, probably to the same flog.  Still he resorted to shouting bullshit so that's a win to me.

Ps, I noticed I'd got a few likes overnight, so if that was any of you mob, thank you.

8 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Stonking post GS. Makes a lot of sense. That and the fact that the big money had run out.  Wazza is the gaffer. Love it or leave.

Edited by fensaddler

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/aleague-confidential-tim-cahill-paid-melbourne-city-to-leave-socceroos-friendly-against-usa/news-story/6c4a9ede97764b9ed9e3e28454f6aa02

States that tim paid us back a sum north of 500k and approaching a mil to get released. 

Very happy with all outcomes now tbh.

Any chance of posting the article? 

11 hours ago, Jovan said:

Any chance of posting the article? 

HOW much did Tim Cahill want to get out of Melbourne City? Enough to fork out a substantial six-figure sum to make sure it happened.

Desperate to secure a move to a club where he would play enough to stay in Socceroos reckoning, we hear Cahill agreed to refund a sum north of $500,000 to City, and possibly approaching $1m, in compensation for the fact his salary was heavily front-loaded on what had originally been a three-year contract.

Tim Cahill’s hip pocket is half-a-million dollars lighter.

It says everything about Cahill’s determination to play at another World Cup that he didn’t baulk at agreeing to the terms, securing a release immediately.

Both parties were glad to see the ill-feeling of recent days brought to a head.

ANALYSIS: Where to next for Tim Cahill?

We understand relations between Cahill and the club had deteriorated so rapidly, to the point that Cahill’s “bombshell” decision to leave City hardly came as much of a surprise to the club.

Article is by Tom Smithies and Carly Adno so i'd suggest its reasonably reliable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

HOW much did Tim Cahill want to get out of Melbourne City? Enough to fork out a substantial six-figure sum to make sure it happened.

Desperate to secure a move to a club where he would play enough to stay in Socceroos reckoning, we hear Cahill agreed to refund a sum north of $500,000 to City, and possibly approaching $1m, in compensation for the fact his salary was heavily front-loaded on what had originally been a three-year contract.

Tim Cahill’s hip pocket is half-a-million dollars lighter.

It says everything about Cahill’s determination to play at another World Cup that he didn’t baulk at agreeing to the terms, securing a release immediately.

Both parties were glad to see the ill-feeling of recent days brought to a head.

ANALYSIS: Where to next for Tim Cahill?

We understand relations between Cahill and the club had deteriorated so rapidly, to the point that Cahill’s “bombshell” decision to leave City hardly came as much of a surprise to the club.

Article is by Tom Smithies and Carly Adno so i'd suggest its reasonably reliable.

Bullshit. He was told to walk. 

Bombshell? What bombshell. Wazza is there to set us up for the future by developing the team and Tim's attitude stunk and was resisting what Wazza was sent there to do.

Tim was so self centred about playing in the world cup that he wanted to be a priority which he wasn't and nor he should be.

Marwood came and probably said that Wazza's decisions are the ones that matter and to do what he is told. Tim didn't agree and Marwood said pay half of your front ended contract or you will be training on your own and not get any game time at all.

Why to I think this? Because I would have done exactly the same thing if I was Marwood.

Self centred big mouth got exactly what he deserved.

NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB

COME ON CITY!!

• Like 2