Melbourne Football

What round next season will JVS get sacked?

Dylan

Guess the torture length  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Guess the torture length

• RD 1-5
    • RD 6-10
    • RD 11-15
    • RD 16-20
    • RD21-27

I'm in the "impossible to predict anything with this club" camp. Almost every time I think I understand where we are heading I get it spectacularly wrong. TBH I'm surprised JvS survived into 2016-17 given his failures to get us anywhere last season - especially after the public expression of disappointment over his team selection for the Perth FFA Cup match.
The squad doesn't look all that strong yet, even with 20 players under contract for next season, especially with Caceres and Brattan yet to be confirmed by the club and question marks over Novillo and Fornaroli; and Mooy almost certain to leave. We definitely have two visa places open, and possibly 3 or 4. The defence so far looks weak to me.
The fixture isn't in our favour.
Overall, too hard to predict anything yet until the questions over the squad are answered.

As if he will be gone before mid season. The team will be good enough to mask over the fact that JVS is still (big surprise) JVS. And there will be all the excuses of adjusting to not having the best player in the league, an injured marquee etc. If he goes during the season it will only be if the team doesn't have its mid year special JVS mini run. So around mid january following five straight losses.

Or he'll be here to end of the season and the team will again fizzle in the finals.

Oh great, I'm so excited about the upcoming season. Can you tell?

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

JVS will not be sacked, CFG avoid paying out substantial contracts in Melbourne.

Incidentally I'm sure Munn does not have the power to do this, is probably that Tixie dude or similar.

Pity that person wasn't at the cup game in Perth last year.

I think you are right

his contract is up at he end of the season, he has sad that he will not be staying on

he wont be sacked, unfortunately

2 minutes ago, japiedog said:

I think you are right

his contract is up at he end of the season, he has sad that he will not be staying on

he wont be sacked, unfortunately

Yep he will more likely than not see out his contract. Although I wouldn't be surprised if we had exceptionally poor results he could be replaced say less than 10 points by round 10 but really without a long-term committed senior coach it does very little for the confidence of the squad and even less for the people that count (us).