Melbourne Football

Luke Brattan

japiedog

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

Disagree with you here, he has a weak shot and doesn't pull the trigger.

How can you say that, he is probably the best passer of the ball in the A-league and even over long distance i was watching him closely yesterday and most of his long passes found the intended player as well as the shorter passes.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

How can you say that, he is probably the best passer of the ball in the A-league and even over long distance i was watching him closely yesterday and most of his long passes found the intended player as well as the shorter passes.

I agree Johnno

22 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

Agree with the passing, I am saying when he does take a shot (which is rare even though he has the opportunity to do so), it is weak and doesn't test the goalkeeper.

When he is in and around the 18 yard box he tends to go sideways and looks for options to pass rather than drive the ball at the goals, and when the box is flooded then he really just needs to pull the trigger.

As a deep central midfield player he is a great asset to our team from a passing view point. My only criticism is that he is too indirect but there has been improvements over the last 3 games.

Edited by playmaker

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Agree with the passing, I am saying when he does take a shot (which is rare even though he has the opportunity to do so), it is weak and doesn't test the goalkeeper...

..woah weak? No way!

He nearly snapped Wales' back in half yesterday with that rocket from mile out. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, n i k o said:

One of 2 players IMO that have outwardly shown a desire above all else to work hard for the shirt, his team mates and the fans. Haters can bloody well piss off for all I care. 

13 hours ago, rass said:

Spot on.

I am convinced you need to go back to primary school and learn comprehension again because if that's what you got out of the previous discussion then you both have problems. Learn to read please.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

I am convinced you need to go back to primary school and learn comprehension again because if that's what you got out of the previous discussion then you both have problems. Learn to read please.

I just reacted to Niko's comment, which I agree with 100%.

What the hell are you talking about?

• Like 2

Have been singing his praises for weeks now and did so on the Pod last week.

Has worked hard to get his body right and now he reaping the rewards this season. absolute workhorse in the middle of the park.

Quality bloke as well which makes it even better that he's showing some real hungry to place for the shirt

• Like 1

7 hours ago, playmaker said:

I actually didn't even think about you when I said that. And by you responding to my post I could troll you now but I won't cause we're all friends on here :) 

20 hours ago, n i k o said:

One of 2 players IMO that have outwardly shown a desire above all else to work hard for the shirt, his team mates and the fans. Haters can bloody well piss off for all I care. 

Agree, he is a different player, combines well with Atkinson and Arzani as well.

He can dwell on the ball if he is given space, my only complaint with him, though it seems there has been less of it lately.

On 1/15/2018 at 0:45 PM, HughJass said:

But being down to 10 men and CCM having quick payers better off sitting back then getting caught out. Last few matches Brattan has been attacking more 

Yes, thought it was the only explanation. But on several occasions Osama moved forward. Commentator mentioned that Joyce asked Brattan to increase the pace, whatever he meant.

The type of goal Budzik scored, Brattan could of scored earlier if his position was right.

On 1/15/2018 at 0:47 PM, playmaker said:

Disagree with you here, he has a weak shot and doesn't pull the trigger.

He is not Roberto Carlos of course, I was mostly comparing with Mauk like players. He scored several times when others failed. Being close to the pen.box line could be useful. But I agree that he is extremely indecisive.

11 minutes ago, n i k o said:

3rd most tackles in the league, only behind Oniell and Brillante. Shows the work rate and work rate he puts in every game. 

Totally agree. Precision passing and vision from the middle and shows it is exactly where he needs to be. Awesome performance defensively and at creating attacks through the middle of the park.

• Like 1

The numbers sure enough show well Brattan is doing in attack and defence: 2nd most passes in the team with 51 attempted, with 46 completed (90% accuracy, very strong for a midfielder). By the way, Malik's distribution is increasingly solid and he pretty much matched Brattan with 44 passes complete out of 50 attempted (88% accuracy). Schenkeveld, Jakobsen, Brattan, Malik are starting to look like a very strong spine for the team.

Also, in this game Brattan had an equal high number of interceptions with 4 (ties with Schenkeveld).

It's pleasing to see Brattan live up to some of his great ability, which we all know he has, at our club.

Edited by Murfy1

Wow, a bit of reality needs to be added here I am afraid. ;)

Caused 2 dangerous turnovers in the first 20 min. Had several really good tackles. Also had one really dangerous sliding tackle, when he luckily missed the ball and a player altogether. Wasted free kick, but that's not a big problem. His only "creative" moments were when he switched to Fitzy several times. Missed couple of good movements from attacking players centrally, as usual, but nobody expect him to make killer passes anyway.

But, he is very likable block, good teammate, his celebration with Budzik was very genuine. Glad he cemented his spot in the defense, most likely at the expense of Killa. Otherwise he would have troubles to stay in the team. Untill we will be playing with 2 defensive mids, he is safe.

22 hours ago, Embee said:

How long was your girlfriend hitting up Luke on the side?

Great argument. Just at your brain level. :) By the way, nothing can compare with the time you spent sucking his dick here. Or may be not just here.

Edited by MXG

At the risk of starting this argument back up again, it amazes me why this bloke is still being criticised.

It is so obvious how much hard work he is doing off the ball, harassing the opposition when they have it, trying to cause turnovers. He's been doing this since he forced his way back into the team months ago. He was fantastic again on Sunday night. It was also awesome to see Budzinski doing the same - I thought both he and Brattan stood out for their pressure when not in possession. Understandably, Budz petered out but it was definitely an encouraging sign for the rest of the season.

Also, it's astounding that people are still finding fault with a performance that saw us flog a team by 5 goals - 3 more than any other effort this season

So after thinking about this a little deeper, I have come up with below what I believe are the reasons why all this criticism still exists on here:

a/ You have never played football before.

b/ You have absolutely no idea what happens on the ground during a football match.

c/ You believe that the only time your players are any good is when you are winning every single game by a total of no less than 10 goals and the other team does not register a single shot on goal. Everyone from the board down to the dude that reads out the teams should be sacked when the above does not occur.

d/ The player's ethnicity does not match yours or that of your heritage.

e/ You are most likely blind or retarded in some way.

f/ Your partner must have been boned by said player at some point in the past.

g/ You don't understand with Kyrgios playing the Aus Open at the same time, you had fuk all hope of getting a huge attendance.

h/ You still hold a grudge from the takeover and red is your favourite colour.

i/ All of the above

It feels like every post of mine of late is a backhander to someone on this forum, but my mind just fries at what I read on here at times...

• Like 6

Wait a sec @MXG.

So you have a go at @Embee for his intelligence which his comment, but then reply with  " By the way, nothing can compare with the time you spent sucking his dick here. Or may be not just here" and " Is Luke's not big enough for you?".

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

16 minutes ago, rass said:

At the risk of starting this argument back up again, it amazes me why this bloke is still being criticised.

It is so obvious how much hard work he is doing off the ball, harassing the opposition when they have it, trying to cause turnovers. He's been doing this since he forced his way back into the team months ago. He was fantastic again on Sunday night. It was also awesome to see Budzinski doing the same - I thought both he and Brattan stood out for their pressure when not in possession. Understandably, Budz petered out but it was definitely an encouraging sign for the rest of the season.

Also, it's astounding that people are still finding fault with a performance that saw us flog a team by 5 goals - 3 more than any other effort this season

So after thinking about this a little deeper, I have come up with below what I believe are the reasons why all this criticism still exists on here:

a/ You have never played football before.

b/ You have absolutely no idea what happens on the ground during a football match.

c/ You believe that the only time your players are any good is when you are winning every single game by a total of no less than 10 goals and the other team does not register a single shot on goal. Everyone from the board down to the dude that reads out the teams should be sacked when the above does not occur.

d/ The player's ethnicity does not match yours or that of your heritage.

e/ You are most likely blind or retarded in some way.

f/ Your partner must have been boned by said player at some point in the past.

g/ You don't understand with Kyrgios playing the Aus Open at the same time, you had fuk all hope of getting a huge attendance.

h/ You still hold a grudge from the takeover and red is your favourite colour.

i/ All of the above

It feels like every post of mine of late is a backhander to someone on this forum, but my mind just fries at what I read on here at times...

As Archie Thompson once said...

"Sometimes you just need to give a bitch a backhander"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

as someone who plays a lot of fifa and football manager, I know a bit more about how a team should operate champ.

If the goalkeeper isn't running from one side of the field and scoring at the other, you've got a problem

3 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

Made me laugh at my desk, quality posting today chaps

5 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

Wait a sec @MXG.

So you have a go at @Embee for his intelligence which his comment, but then reply with  " By the way, nothing can compare with the time you spent sucking his dick here. Or may be not just here" and " Is Luke's not big enough for you?".

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

So, making a cliche joke about girlfriend going out with somebody you criticizing is an intelligence? Are you serious? :tooth: You should really review your intelligence standards. 

In my post I did not even criticized Brattan which makes the original Embee post even more stupid.