Melbourne Football

Luke Brattan

japiedog

Agree about saying nothing. Talk means shit, it's how they respond that really matters.

I posted because everyone is jumping on that little bit he said about victory like it's the only thing he said. He also pointed out they weren't good enough and have to improve, which is totally correct.

Not sure about the multi face palms, but if it helps makes you feel better, then I'm all for it.....

34 minutes ago, rass said:

Agree about saying nothing. Talk means shit, it's how they respond that really matters.

I posted because everyone is jumping on that little bit he said about victory like it's the only thing he said. He also pointed out they weren't good enough and have to improve, which is totally correct.

Not sure about the multi face palms, but if it helps makes you feel better, then I'm all for it.....

As you say everyone (that includes non city supporters) have jumped on that. Seems everyone has interpreted it the same way. That's why I'm surprised in your stance and discussing it with you. 

I don't know if you intended it, but I can only assume your comment about sticking the boot in is directed at me. The face palms are apt if this is the case because this couldn't be further from the truth. But if not then I misunderstood you then and take the facepalms back. 

Edited by n i k o

13 minutes ago, n i k o said:

As you say everyone (that includes non city supporters) have jumped on that. Seems everyone has interpreted it the same way. That's why I'm surprised in your stance and discussing it with you. 

I don't know if you intended it, but I can only assume your comment about sticking the boot in is directed at me. The face palms are apt if this is the case because this couldn't be further from the truth. But if not then I misunderstood you then and take the facepalms back. 

Thanks mate, it was a comment made not specifically to you, but a general statement to anyone I thought was looking too much into the comment, which as you pointed out, seems like most people. 

I just don't think that one line from him is an accurate representation of our mentality - that will be shown in how we bounce back from this. 

I personally was disgusted by the performance and couldn't find a single positive from it. As I said after the game, it was a dark night for the club as we threw away an awesome opportunity to gain some traction.

• 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I reckon he will feel more at home if we actually give him a contract for Melbourne and not Manchester. We should be doing everything we can to keep him. He is a great Aleague level midfielder.

I probably wasnt fussed either way a couple months ago but his move to the 10 has been fantastic. Sign him up.

The rumoured pay cut was probably justified then but i reckon he's earnt himself a new contract at good money.

Edited by bt50
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I probably wasnt fussed either way a couple months ago but his move to the 10 has been fantastic. Sign him up.

The rumoured pay cut was probably justified then but i reckon he's earnt himself a new contract at good money.

Will he have one last crack at Europe? IIRC there was a rumour he was offered a contract by a Championship club.

Part of me hopes he does because it’s good for footballers to test themselves at the highest level possible. But the other part of me wants to keep him because you can’t find many Australian midfielders better than him.  

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I reckon he will feel more at home if we actually give him a contract for Melbourne and not Manchester. We should be doing everything we can to keep him. He is a great Aleague level midfielder.

He really needs/deserves his own chant. Maybe we can use the Malik tune and come up with a "oh Luke Brattan, you can change your hair" blah blah blah. 

No disrespect to Ozzie Malik

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeartOfCity said:

He really needs/deserves his own chant. Maybe we can use the Malik tune and come up with a "oh Luke Brattan, you can change your hair" blah blah blah. 

No disrespect to Ozzie Malik

A bit of a pisstake, but to the tune of "old McDonald had a farm"

Lukey Brattan scores our goals, ey I ey I oo

And he scores them just for fun ey I ey I oo

A left bomb here, a right bomb there

In the box, out the box, doesn't matter, he's a fox

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

A bit of a pisstake, but to the tune of "old McDonald had a farm"

And he scores them just for fun ey I ey I oo

A left bomb here, a right bomb there

In the box, out the box, doesn't matter, he's a fox

childish 

24 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

childish 

Don't you realise that all the best football songs and chants can be described as "childish?"

They're the only ones that everyone knows and can join in with.

The reason "So Happy Together" is so fucking awful is that it doesn't resonate with more than 10% of the crowd.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Dont y'all have any sense of tradition :o

Anyways i love SHT, always have. One of the few remaining things that have carried forward from the Heart days.

Exactly.

We have to keep it. 

It doesn’t matter how terrible the song is, it’s our song and we’ve got to continue the tradition. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Exactly.

We have to keep it. 

It doesn’t matter how terrible the song is, it’s our song and we’ve got to continue the tradition. 

The irony is its often the same people that complain about identity or our lack there of that want to change it.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Anyways i love SHT, always have. One of the few remaining things that have carried forward from the Heart days.

I would argue that CFG have been very respectful of our Heart traditions. 

We continue to be a flaky mediocre team that as soon as you start to #believe it lets you down.

FWIW, SHT is a shit song but atleast it's our shit song and should remain. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Yep, don’t mind it myself. Brings smile when if I hear it in the off season. At least we didn’t use a sentimental Sam Cooke song, which I consider to be unoriginal as it’s ripping off others(the style rather than the song itself).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

Brilliante doesn't score and assist. Brattan role in City was much more offensive.  

Brillante isn't a Brattan replacement. He is replacing baccus. If rumours are true Luna will be the Brattan replacement