Melbourne Football

Luke Brattan

japiedog

49 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Any updates on his injury? Other than warren calling him out for being soft?

Unless I heard it wrong, Joyce said that's all it was, and an excuse for a crappy free-kick, and that there's nothing wrong with him. All in all I thought the comments showed a very good bond between our manager and our players. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Unless I heard it wrong, Joyce said that's all it was, and an excuse for a crappy free-kick, and that there's nothing wrong with him. All in all I thought the comments showed a very good bond between our manager and our players. 

Speaking to Bratts at one of the functions he did mention that Joyce enjoys getting in on the banter, in particular with Luke himself.

Does indeed sound like there's a good bond there.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I didn't realise how much Bratts has slimmed down this season.

image.png.fc891a1287fd50b61cc96e401f933118.png

Was a bit of press about in the offseason lost 70kg or something (ok maybe it was 7).

Great to see, however the fact that he had that weight and was still picked to play was a sad indictment on JVS. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

How long before FFA brings in the "Brattan Rule" restricting the number of loan players to 2 maximum?

Right now they've got bigger problems. This would be the perfect time to exploit loop holes

• 1 month later...

I like to look up symptoms on the internet too...

What they did with Bratts is totally normal for a suspected spinal injury. Especially if they say they have tingling feelings that are clearly related to a spinal injury.

All Aeague clubs have a doctor  on the bench who specializes in sports injury, they often work part time and during the week have their own practice.  Everything always seems like its the worst situation when you dont know what is going on ie watching on a TV

Edited by Dylan

I've always been fairly impressed with the medical staff and I think they probably did the right thing here.

As I see it, there was the option to move him without the right equipment (which the ambulance didn't have) and they made absolutely no attempt to move him until the right stuff in place. 

7 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

May be this is a wakeup call. All clubs should now buy the required medical equipment to deal with such emergencies. Doctors and para-medics should be consulted and list of equipment draw up. These items then are a compulsory buy for all clubs.

As in any workplace, in risk assessment terms it's actually not practicable to cater for all possible scenarios. In general terms a workplace will be prepared for those incidents that occur most frequently but are of minor consequence in terms of severity, and will seek outside assistance for those risks that have a low probability of occurring but could have a severe consequence if they do occur.

It was the latter type of incident that occurred in last night's match. I didn't watch the match (being at the Bentleigh-Wellington match) but from what I've read the medical staff on hand did everything right and what was at fault was the response of the emergency services and/or the preparedness of the venue for this response.

If a similar situation arose at the match I attended, I'm not sure whether the venue (Kingston Heath Soccer Complex) would have been able to respond adequately. Obviously under normal day-time circumstances there is vehicular access to the playing surface for mowing and pitch care etc., but whether the parked cars, the Fox broadcast vans and equipment, etc. etc. would have been easily moved last night to allow the rapid response of an ambulance I just don't know.

These things are the responsibility of the organisers of these matches - and that is fairly and squarely FFA. It is its responsibility to ensure that every venue is of the necessary standard for every match played under its jurisdiction. Of course FFA cannot itself police every match, but it is its responsibility to establish the standards and to ensure regular auditing, review and corrective actions where required.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

I like to look up symptoms on the internet too...

What they did with Bratts is totally normal for a suspected spinal injury. Especially if they say they have tingling feelings that are clearly related to a spinal injury.

All Aeague clubs have a doctor  on the bench who specializes in sports injury, they often work part time and during the week have their own practice.  Everything always seems like its the worst situation when you dont know what is going on ie watching on a TV

Our club doctor looks like he clears 1m+ from his own private practice.

• 2 months later...

So not only did we produce one of the most dour and shit results in our history, but then this guy comes out and places the tards lack of wins so far as our benchmark. Fuck my day talk about making it even harder to support this club when you've got small minded mentalities like this coming from our players mouths. It's comments like this that set us back to the Heart days where derbys were our priority. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

So not only did we produce one of the most dour and shit results in our history, but then this guy comes out and places the tards lack of wins so far as our benchmark. Fuck my day talk about making it even harder to support this club when you've got small minded mentalities like this coming from our players mouths. It's comments like this that set us back to the Heart days where derbys were our priority. 

Agree, the reaction from the club from this pathetic and disjointed performance is ridiculous.

I get people are upset after that shit performance, but I think you're all overreacting to his comments.

Whether we like it or not, victory is the yardstick because they won the title last season. So i can see why someone would reference them in their interview. Besides, it was just a bit at the end and not the whole theme of what he said.

Edited by rass

3 minutes ago, rass said:

I get people are upset after that shit performance, but I think you're all overreacting to his comments.

Whether we like it or not, victory is the yardstick because they won the title last season. So i can see why someone would reference them in their interview. Besides, it was just a bit at the end and not the whole theme of what he said.

Surely the yardstick is "now", not six months ago? Whoever is top of the league is the yardstick for me. And that's Sydney. And has been for the past two seasons if we want to look backwards.

6 minutes ago, rass said:

Come on now rass. Firstly they finished fourth last season and fortuitously won the grand final. If that's the yardstick then let's pack everything in. But it's not the yardstick, as @jw1739 said the yardstick is now. Our performance and result should have absolutely zero to do with the tards with them on the bottom of the ladder. I think we're under reacting to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Come on now rass. Firstly they finished fourth last season and fortuitously won the grand final. If that's the yardstick then let's pack everything in. But it's not the yardstick, as @jw1739 said the yardstick is now. Our performance and result should have absolutely zero to do with the tards with them on the bottom of the ladder. I think we're under reacting to be honest. 

Totally disagree sorry. We compete directly with them and hence will always be compared to them. Who gives a shit whether they finished 4th and were lucky, fact is they hold the title.

..but anyway, this isn't as much about victory, it's more him trying to find a positive. We're all hurting after Friday, but wanting to hear a player sink the boots into his team 3 weeks in a season is never going to happen.. But sure what you all expect him to say.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rass said:

Totally disagree sorry. We compete directly with them and hence will always be compared to them. Who gives a shit whether they finished 4th and were lucky, fact is they hold the title.

..but anyway, this isn't as much about victory, it's more him trying to find a positive. We're all hurting after Friday, but wanting to hear a player sink the boots into his team 3 weeks in a season is never going to happen.. But sure what you all expect him to say.

Yep its ok we had our first loss but one of our worst performances in our history because the team at bottom team of the ladder has had two losses. That is our benchmark and direct comparison. If that's his version of a positive and is a reflection of the teams mentality then we have no chance of success. 

And just with your last comment it's got absolutely nothing to do with anything about sinking the boot :droy:  :droy::droy:  I'd rather he says nothing at all.