Melbourne Football

Luke Brattan

japiedog

13 minutes ago, cadete said:

I feel bad for those blokes,

Get signed to Manchester City... then sent on loan to JVS... 

Surely they would have to have known they aren't good enough to play for Manchester City. You'd hope they knew that anyway otherwise it would be a pretty major let down.

15 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Surely they would have to have known they aren't good enough to play for Manchester City. You'd hope they knew that anyway otherwise it would be a pretty major let down.

I haven't meet many Pro/Semi-Pro Soccer Players at all, but I have known my fair share of AFL players from this level (Largely due to the school I went too)

And after a few beers I have heard more than a few of them proclaim if they had done x,y,z that could have played at a level nowhere near what their ability would ever allowed them to get to...

Edited by cadete

41 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Signing a guy who is appropriating black culture with his hair cut, disgraceful. People like this have no place at our club. I expected better from a forward thinking organisation like CFG. 

I will be contacting Waleed Aly and my local Greens candidate about this injustice. See you on The Project next week Scott Munn.

#culturalappropriation #whitesplaining

Whilst I appreciate the Waleed + Project bashing, please don't tarnish the only legitimate Political party in this country with this brush. 

Just now, morphine said:

Whilst I appreciate the Waleed + Project bashing, please don't tarnish the only legitimate Political party in this country with this brush. 

Why am I not surprised you're a Greens voter?

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, morphine said:

Fine: I will start.

Legitimate Political Parties can win lower house seats of their own merits not via the preferences of voters who actively dislike them.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, kingofhearts said:

Finding out why morphine votes for the greens is way more interesting  then the Luke Brattan signing.

Because they fight for what matters. I saw it on one of their campaign slogans.

They believe in it so much that they get personal with their insults. 

38 minutes ago, cadete said:

Fine: I will start.

Legitimate Political Parties can win lower house seats of their own merits not via the preferences of voters who actively dislike them.

That's why I vote for the Motoring Enthusiasts Party.

Burnouts in Thomo should never be illegal.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

That's why I vote for the Motoring Enthusiasts Party.

Burnouts in Thomo should never be illegal.

How ironic when you remove the quality post sig you make a quality post, absolutely lost it well played.

2 hours ago, Cloughie said:

My vote is for whoever decriminalises pot.

It's win-win for City supporters - the sausage stand's fare tastes even better, and JVS' tactics and substitutions often have a deeper and better understood meaning.

Trust me mate the I can tell you the second won't come true

• Like 1

6 hours ago, japiedog said:

as per this news

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/melbourne-city-sign-former-brisbane-roar-midfielder-luke-brattan-retain-anthony-caceres-20160610-gpg2e7.html

I think a great signing

when he was at Brisbane , IMHO he was the best No 6 in the A league

Agree 100%. Was the best passer in the A League. 

Great signing.

Great signing- Malik back to CB. Brattan allows us to stretch teams a lot more in attack, by dictating play and spreading the ball wide/ playing balls centrally into feet.

Would be great if you guys took your political chat somewhere else. You're really not going to change anyone's political persuasions via a Luke Brattan thread, so kindly get bent.

Edited by tommac

4 hours ago, tommac said:

Great signing- Malik back to CB. Brattan allows us to stretch teams a lot more in attack, by dictating play and spreading the ball wide/ playing balls centrally into feet.

Would be great if you guys took your political chat somewhere else. You're really not going to change anyone's political persuasions via a Luke Brattan thread, so kindly get bent.

long live the iron fist and the hammer of the USSR 

• Like 2

Put him beside a good ball winning midfielder and we'll be able to transition from defence to attack nice and quickly. Just hope JVS isn't planning on playing Caceres beside him, he showed that he was a luxury player who drifted out of games far too easily.

19 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Put him beside a good ball winning midfielder and we'll be able to transition from defence to attack nice and quickly. Just hope JVS isn't planning on playing Caceres beside him, he showed that he was a luxury player who drifted out of games far too easily.

I think with Caceras it was a bit of an issue that he and Mooy would both normally occupy the same space while playing in their preferred role and with Mooy playing in that position I think it made it harder for Caceras to have am impact as he is restricted by what he could do.

But it's still a good question on the midfield trio (assuming ) we'll generally play a 433.

Brattan logically plays the anchor and 2 others play more box to box. So therefore that pretty much pencils in either Caceras/Melling or Retre fighting for a midfield spot and Mooy/or hopefully Marquee replacement in the the other spot. I'm confident Caceras will be good enough and with Brattan behind him or even Malik and we look like we should have a decent core midfield. 

We just need a bona-fide #10. Maybe he will turn out to be better than Mooy. 

Our midfield will ultimately depend on how good Mooy's replacement will be.

6 hours ago, silva10 said:

Well the FFA was supposed to close the loophole that allowed the Caceres loan.

Does anyone believe we have said to them we will sign Cahill if they allow us these loan moves?

FFA has not stopped loan moves.

AFAIK it has done two things. The first was to say that the loaned player's full pay that he would have received at the loaning club must be included inside the cap at the receiving club, or be outside the cap and the loaned player must be approved as a marquee. This is the "Lampard Rule." Prior to "Lampard" various clubs exploited the absence of any such rule, including Victory, Brisbane and I believe Heart with Aziz Behich; it was rumoured at the time that the latter played for us for receiving his full pay from Turkey.
The "Caceres Rule" was introduced to stop a player going from one A-League club direct to another A-League club via the technical signing by another, overseas, club owned by the same owners as the receiving A-League club. At the time, the Caceres move from CCM to City via Manchester City was perfectly within the rules. AFAIK "Caceres" contains the provision that such moves are still OK provided the player spend a full year (defined by transfer windows) at the intermediate club. Thus Brattan coming to us is in accordance with "Caceres."

IMO eventually FFA will wake up and realise that it is not helping the growth of the game or the attractiveness of investment in A-League clubs unless it frees up the market and gets rid of these restrictive rules.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1