Melbourne Football
jeffplz

Daniel Arzani

Scottish news papers

Reports in Australia that Daniel Arzani has suffered a serious injury in Celtic's 5-0 win over Dundee were premature as the on-loan Manchester City winger's knee is too swollen for a proper diagnosis. (Evening Times)

On-loan Manchester City winger Daniel Arzani has posted a picture on social media hinting of a possible serious injury, yet also making light of the injury he picked up playing for Celtic against Dundee, captioning the image of himself in a knee brace with: "Will I make it?" along with a "yes/no option". (Daily Record)

BBC

Celtic face losing the services of Daniel Arzani and Eboue Kouassi for the remainder of the season.

Kouassi was injured against Hearts at Murrayfield on Sunday and has been diagnosed with a knee ligament injury.

Arzani made his debut at Dundee on Wednesday but was taken off.

"We are waiting on the final analysis of the scans but it is unfortunate. It looks like we will have two cruciate injuries," said Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers.

"If it is the case it will rule them both out for the rest of the season."

On 01/11/2018 at 11:35 PM, Celt said:

:lol:

No mate, this is what happens when you have a freak transfer of weight on sticky surface. People succumb to these injuries whether they play 50 games a season, 5 games, or socially once a week at 5's. 

Well obviously thats true but I think not playing regular first team games when your still developing can also contribute to injury. Muscle memory and reactions aren't as sharp, you're not used to getting tackled hard or changes in different surfaces. I recall a study on injury which showed players who were playing too much or too little had a much higher chance of injury than those who played a balance amount. Lets just hope Daniel recovers and either gets a decent run or recalled back to Man City and re-loaned out to mid tier Dutch/Belgium club. 

I'm struggling to think of any player that's done their ACL and came back to reach anything close to their potential. Other than perhaps Sam Kerr who's just a complete freak 

CBF adding link, but check out latest fox podcast with Arzani, a lot of City content and interesting opinion on previous coaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

CBF adding link, but check out latest fox podcast with Arzani, a lot of City content and interesting opinion on previous coaches.

Nice, I'll have a look after work.

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Wassnt surprised about the description of wazza. Can coach kids can’t coach adults

On 14/06/2019 at 11:23 AM, Jovan said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/fox-football-podcast-daniel-arzani-on-his-rehabilitation-rise-through-the-ranks-and-offers-from-aleague-clubs/news-story/4c63d9c094da8f59046ffcccd28f0a56

Arzani has hinted at leaving Celtic. Although I'd rather he stay in Europe, imagine though if he comes back here on loan in January 😍

A forward line of Arzani - Jmac - Noone, coached by Mombaerts makes me very moist.

• Like 5

On 14/11/2019 at 3:05 AM, haz said:

Arzani has hinted at leaving Celtic. Although I'd rather he stay in Europe, imagine though if he comes back here on loan in January 😍

A forward line of Arzani - Jmac - Noone, coached by Mombaerts makes me very moist.

Edited by Afif Adam

Arzani back in January  would be perfect. 
Gives us an excellent option on the left. 
He gets much needed game time. 
CFG maintain tight control of their player. 

I would suggest that it is very unlikely that he would return to us. Didn't Celtic pay a loan fee to Manchester City? IMO the most likely scenario is that he stays at Celtic and has to work to get a place in the seniors.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO the most likely scenario is that he stays at Celtic and has to work to get a place in the seniors.

Anything less than this would be sad. 

12 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Will be a Melbourne city player this time next week.

Self-isolation first.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, fensaddler said:

We all need something to look forward to... 

I've got toilet roll, 5$ a pop ;)

6 hours ago, fensaddler said:

We all need something to look forward to... 

Simple correlation really.

Why else would be be coming back to Melbourne? Signing for Melbourne city clearly

Case closed

On 18/03/2020 at 8:33 AM, Afif Adam said:

He’s coming home

1AD93426-86CC-4E46-BDBF-7788537447BA.thumb.jpeg.9e79570be629adfd82cb8ffde5b09777.jpeg

Probably coming back due to leagues grinding to a halt and Australia about to shut down it's international borders... He will not be back for us. 

Training has retuned in Scotland though so who knows what he’s here for but doubt he will return to the A-League. Should never have left when he did after a handful of games.. whoever advised him has stagnated his career and wonder if he will ever return to those heights 

• Like 2

A source close to Arzani insisted that his homecoming did not signal a premature end to his two-season loan at Parkhead, where an ACL rupture on debut 16 months ago has limited him to just two substitute appearances.

Widely acknowledged as Australia’s most gifted young prospect, the 21-year-old remains contracted with the Bhoys until June.

Beyond that, the former Melbourne City magician appears destined to return to parent club Manchester City, with a possible loan, or sale, to a club on the European continent being discussed