Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

10 hours ago, NewConvert said:

The topic was maturity, that is, did he come back to train his arse off or not. The AFL also has young players and some are getting game time and that is a longer match time and more physical sport than football. And some train way and above what is expected of them and two examples are Dyson Heppell and Zach Merrett. Tippa would have been promoted earlier but his attitude to training was somewhat lackadaisical. 

I don't believe that most 19 year olds have the capacity of a 22 year old, and similarly I don't expect a 19 year old to have the experience of a 30 year old. I do expect them to be aware that they have a commitment to make to their careers, to their colleagues and to their employers and I don't believe that their colleagues or employers should carry them if they lack maturity.

And elite level sport are also employers, just like in real life. The careers are different but the sport club pays them to play. So I don't think that in that sense it is a special clause within life in general.

No actually the topic was about Arzani not being selected in the Europa A and B lists of 43 players and maturity wasn't brought up.

The reason given by Rodgers was lack of conditioning and match fitness. 

As far as Afl goes that has no relevance.

2 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Australia coach Graham Arnold has vowed to thrash out Daniel Arzani's future at Celtic with Brendan Rodgers this week after the 19-year-old was left out of the Hoops' Europa League squad.  (Scottish Sun) 

Would like to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. 

If I was Arzani, last thing I want is some old man having a meltdown to my boss

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Lol don't beleive a journo trying to get more clicks. GA isn't waging war against Rogers. In fact Rodgers isn't the only coach he's seeing as he's going all around Europe to talk to all the NT players managers. 

IMO that's sound approach by Arnold. He needs an NT with players who play regularly, not just those who are theoretically "the best."

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

So just out from SBS Arzani may be released back to man City if he do's not get senior game time by December according to release clause in his loan contract.

Wonder if he is regretting turning down PSV

15 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Failing to impress in the reserve squad, been out shined by other players in the Development team, looking uninterested. Is this an ability or mental problem? Are the Celtic development players better than him? This may be why Rodgers has not included him in his squads. I believe, he may have jumped too quickly he should have stayed for at least 1 year, better to develop in the A league first XI than in the Scottish Reserve league.

Totally agree he should have stayed for this season at least.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Failing to impress in the reserve squad, been out shined by other players in the Development team, looking uninterested. Is this an ability or mental problem? Are the Celtic development players better than him? This may be why Rodgers has not included him in his squads. I believe, he may have jumped too quickly he should have stayed for at least 1 year, better to develop in the A league first XI than in the Scottish Reserve league.

Where has it been said that he has failed to impress and looks uninterested? 

4 hours ago, fiji19 said:

I'm looking for that too :hmm::hmm:  :hmm::hmm:  

Was always a bad move for him. Moving to a pub club, in a pub league, with a shit manager.

Was heaps of other places he could've gone too but instead he goes to a league barely better then the one he came from.

Madness

6 hours ago, fiji19 said:

The article states "a disappointing display, he was walking around the pitch and neither workrate nor tracking back was present.was forced to swap wings as he was proving ineffectual on the right-hand side in the first half." To me that states he failed to impress and looked uninterested. Do you think it reads he did impress and look interested 

2 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

The article states "a disappointing display, he was walking around the pitch and neither workrate nor tracking back was present.was forced to swap wings as he was proving ineffectual on the right-hand side in the first half." To me that states he failed to impress and looked uninterested. Do you think it reads he did impress and look interested 

one article, one game also

Just so everyone remembers what was said by Marwood pre-World Cup.

Melb City will keep Arzani in A-League

Published: 03:23 EDT, 19 April 2018 | Updated: 03:23 EDT, 19 April 2018

Australian soccer's next big thing should be staying in the A-League next season, with Melbourne City heavyweights believing their club is the right place for Daniel Arzani to flourish.

City Football Group executive Brian Marwood, in Melbourne for the club's elimination final with Brisbane Roar, has assessed the many options available to the 19-year-old talent.

With English Premier League winners Manchester City, five other clubs under the group's umbrella and various loan partnerships open to Arzani, Marwood believes he's already in the right place to continue his stunning development.

"It's safe to assume he'll be here next year," Marwood told AAP.

"We have no intention of selling.

"What he needs is games. He needs games in a competitive environment.

"Like many young players that have left Australia, they've gone and they've very quickly come back.

"Right now, it's going to be incredibly unhelpful for him if he goes somewhere and doesn't play.

"To stay here and get those games under his belt, to continue to learn in a good environment, I genuinely believe that is the right thing for him."

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Just so everyone remembers what was said by Marwood pre-World Cup.

Melb City will keep Arzani in A-League

Published: 03:23 EDT, 19 April 2018 | Updated: 03:23 EDT, 19 April 2018

Australian soccer's next big thing should be staying in the A-League next season, with Melbourne City heavyweights believing their club is the right place for Daniel Arzani to flourish.

City Football Group executive Brian Marwood, in Melbourne for the club's elimination final with Brisbane Roar, has assessed the many options available to the 19-year-old talent.

With English Premier League winners Manchester City, five other clubs under the group's umbrella and various loan partnerships open to Arzani, Marwood believes he's already in the right place to continue his stunning development.

"It's safe to assume he'll be here next year," Marwood told AAP.

"We have no intention of selling.

"What he needs is games. He needs games in a competitive environment.

"Like many young players that have left Australia, they've gone and they've very quickly come back.

"Right now, it's going to be incredibly unhelpful for him if he goes somewhere and doesn't play.

"To stay here and get those games under his belt, to continue to learn in a good environment, I genuinely believe that is the right thing for him."

Why do you keep writing this redundant shite?

Again, it was pre world cup. His stock increased significantly after the cup and big Euro clubs came knocking. Man city had to act quickly to keep him in the family.

Also, how do you know once he went to Man City, it wasn't his idea to go to Europe and choose Celtic?

11 minutes ago, rass said:

Why do you keep writing this redundant shite?

Again, it was pre world cup. His stock increased significantly after the cup and big Euro clubs came knocking. Man city had to act quickly to keep him in the family.

Also, how do you know once he went to Man City, it wasn't his idea to go to Europe and choose Celtic?

You need to take a chill pill man.

I am just quoting a reference from Marwood that supports the views of many posters on this forum.

As for me, should he have gone? maybe,

Was it the right decision? maybe

Should he have stayed another year? I don't know

And tbh I don't really care, but I wish him luck and success.

4 minutes ago, playmaker said:

You need to take a chill pill man.

I am just quoting a reference from Marwood that supports the views of many posters on this forum.

As for me, should he have gone? maybe,

Was it the right decision? maybe

Should he have stayed another year? I don't know

And tbh I don't really care, but I wish him luck and success.

Lol, if it means so little, why do you keep posting? Why do we need to be reminded of what marwood said?

Anyway, I agree, hope he has success and doesn't fall into that abyss of 'could've been great players but didn't get the opportunity'.

If anyone listened to the latest Fornaroli interview its very interesting in the similarities in Arzanis current situation and what happened with Bruno at Sampdoria when he was 19. I what I took out it was that Bruno thinks he maybe should have stayed longer and been more patient as opposed to seeking a move to get games. 

All this talk of a January return claus to me seems premature and counter productive. The kid is there and should IMO tough it out and if he doesn't break into the matchday squad by the end of the season re asses his options. 

For a kid trying to break through, being at a big club and not playing is not as good as being at a lessor club under a good manager, and playing every match.

Daniel was a bit off the boil for the Socceroos, and this can be attributed solely to his lack of game time.

The issue kids run into when lack of game is a problem is that when they get their chance, its often as a sub, and they know they only have limited time on the pitch, so they try to impress anytime they get the ball, which invariably means they'll stuff up more than they succeed. 

He needs to be playing 90 minutes week in week out, doing the % stuff, and within this 90 minutes, when the chance comes for him to do the special thing, he takes it.

Edited by Torn Asunder

2 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

For a kid trying to break through, being at a big club and not playing is not as good as being at a lessor club under a good manager, and playing every match.

Daniel was a bit off the boil for the Socceroos, and this can be attributed solely to his lack of game time.

The issue kids run into when lack of game is a problem is that when they get their chance, its often as a sub, and they know they only have limited time on the pitch, so they try to impress anytime they get the ball, which invariably means they'll stuff up more than they succeed. 

He needs to be playing 90 minutes week in week out, doing the % stuff, and within this 90 minutes, when the chance comes for him to do the special thing, he takes it.

He needs to be fit enough to be able to last 90 mins first.