Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So how does this all work in terms of transfer window/loan from Manchester City to Celtic?

Idk but he needed to have his contract signed before deadline day, which was when he was in France.

TBH I couldn't care anymore with the situation, hes not in our squad so not matter what happens he wont be on the pitch with us.

45 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Still in the mix for the lesser European competition. 

But there are rumours of friction between Rogers and the blokes upstairs. 

There have been many stories of players being signed and coach gets sacked ahd the new coach don't rate the newly signed player. Being so young and untried at senior level this is a massive worry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Still in the mix for the lesser European competition. 

Yes, but this surely must be viewed internally as no less than an epic fail.

In regards to Arzani, I doubt the CL this season was an influence or a deciding factor, but nonetheless it's definitely still a crap result.

54 minutes ago, rass said:

Yes, but this surely must be viewed internally as no less than an epic fail.

In regards to Arzani, I doubt the CL this season was an influence or a deciding factor, but nonetheless it's definitely still a crap result.

Don't disagree. And the lack of definite news about the loan is intriguing. I guess if it all goes pear shaped CFG still hold all the good cards. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

But there are rumours of friction between Rogers and the blokes upstairs. 

There have been many stories of players being signed and coach gets sacked ahd the new coach don't rate the newly signed player. Being so young and untried at senior level this is a massive worry.

Yep, but it's also another advantage of using the City connection - if it looks like the loan move isn't working out Manchester City can find a better place for his development.

• Like 1

What sort of chance is this Celtic loan move possible of going tits up and also what sort of chance is there of getting Arzani for another season?

What gets overlooked most of the time is his ability to getting a working visa. He hasn't played enough at national level and doesn't have any European heritage. 

Fongers crossed Rogers get the arse and we get Daniel for a final season. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jovan said:

What sort of chance is this Celtic loan move possible of going tits up and also what sort of chance is there of getting Arzani for another season?

What gets overlooked most of the time is his ability to getting a working visa. He hasn't played enough at national level and doesn't have any European heritage. 

Would have to be as a Marquee as id imagine Daniel wouldnt have sign for $100,000 at Man City

25 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Forgive my ignorance on these matters, but wouldn't the confirmed move to Man City already imply the Visa is not an issue?

18 minutes ago, rass said:

Forgive my ignorance on these matters, but wouldn't the confirmed move to Man City already imply the Visa is not an issue?

The permit has nothing to do with the move itself, but his actual ability to play in the country/league in question. Often the bigger clubs will sign a young player but have to farm him out on loan for a few years because he's currently unable to obtain a permit in that nation.

From my understanding of the requirements, Arzani wouldn't qualify for a work permit in England unless he was deemed to be an exceptional talent by the FA's standards. Unsure of how Scotland's permit rules operate.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Embee said:

The permit has nothing to do with the move itself, but his actual ability to play in the country/league in question. Often the bigger clubs will sign a young player but have to farm him out on loan for a few years because he's currently unable to obtain a permit in that nation.

From my understanding of the requirements, Arzani wouldn't qualify for a work permit in England unless he was deemed to be an exceptional talent by the FA's standards. Unsure of how Scotland's permit rules operate.

From what I've seen Scotlands requirements are less.

My only reason for this, is the length of time since the Manchester announcement and unless I've missed it no official loan announcement. 

Remember he can't play for anyone else if he is officially loaned and Celtic change management and don't rate him.

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

My only reason for this, is the length of time since the Manchester announcement and unless I've missed it no official loan announcement. 

Remember he can't play for anyone else if he is officially loaned and Celtic change management and don't rate him.

Isn't that only if he plays for the clubs (or perhaps is registered?), or is it based on the actual transfers?

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Unless and until the loan agreement is torn up and he is recalled. That needs to have the agreement of both clubs, but if it goes pear shaped at Celtic, I can't see City keeping him there and not getting developed, or Celtic paying the wages of a player they can send back to City. So in practice, the loan would end if it didn't work. Arzani is too valuable an asset for it to be otherwise, and CFG are not as dumb as Aston Villa. 

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Isn't that only if he plays for the clubs (or perhaps is registered?), or is it based on the actual transfers?

FIFA Regulations.

Article 5 Registration .

1. A player must be registered at an association to play for a club as either a professional or an amateur in accordance with the provisions of article 2. Only registered players are eligible to participate in organised football. By the act of registering, a player agrees to abide by the statutes and regulations of FIFA, the confederations and the associations.

2. A player may only be registered with one club at a time.

3. Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

4. Under all circumstances, due consideration must be given to the sporting integrity of the competition. In particular, a player may not play official matches for more than two clubs competing in the same national championship or cup during the same season, subject to stricter individual competition regulations of member associations.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck to him. He will competing for a place against Sinclair, Forrest, Hayes and Johnston. It will be interesting to see how much game time he gets. The last winger they loaned Patrick Roberts (Man City bought him for £12m), he struggled to get starts although he did come of the bench a good few times.

1 minute ago, Inchcolm said:

Good luck to him. He will competing for a place against Sinclair, Forrest, Hayes and Johnston. It will be interesting to see how much game time he gets. The last winger they loaned Patrick Roberts (Man City bought him for £12m), he struggled to get starts although he did come of the bench a good few times.

Based on the comments of Celtic fans Arzani has a massive amount of work to do to live up to Roberts time at Celtic.