Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

I think that if we look back too many Australian players have gone overseas too early and not fulfilled their early apparent potential. IMO the best outcome with Arzani would be for him to sign with Manchester City - this gives him the opportunity to be loaned out to one of the CFG clubs, or if he gets an irresistible offer elsewhere for him to take that and for CFG/us to take the transfer proceeds. To me that's a potential win-win. If he leaves the coaching and management structure that has nurtured him this far and jumps too early he could well get bruised.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Imo he go the same way Mooy did. Will be upgraded to marquee status for this coming season, bought by Man City and loaned out. 
He seems like such a level headed kid and i think he'll be confident in his ability to smash it next season in the A League, build on his fitness/work off the ball (which are both still a knock on him)and then head overseas.

Logic and common sense would seem to think that's his best long term choice. 

But if a decent team (from one of the big 5 Leagues) makes a proper offer any 19 year old will think about it. 

I'm leaning with a possible Man City move. At 19 he is well ahead of were Mooy was. So who knows.

TBH, I want him to get out of the A-league because there are too many second-rate hacks that will chop him down and he risks a long term injury, 

I would prefer if he goes to one of the top 5 clubs in Europe and plays with and against real footballers and/or future stars, it's where he belongs. 

I will actually feel sad if he stays with us.

Edited by playmaker

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

TBH, I want him to get out of the A-league because there are too many second-rate hacks that will chop him down and he risks a long term injury, 

I would prefer if he goes to one of the top 5 clubs in Europe and plays with and against real footballers and/or future stars, it's where he belongs. 

I will actually feel sad if he stays with us.

Correct.  The way he was treated by some of the more experienced A league hacks was a disgrace and he wasnt getting any protection from the refs here.  If he were to return he can at least kick sand in their face.

Edited by Rasputin

Not sure what is in the best interest of his career tbh, I thought he was younger than he actually is. Turning 20 in Jan and only has 20 odd pro appearances, so hasn't really experienced being a full blown pro even at A-League level. 

On one hand I think he should get a full season under his belt before risking becoming another lost youngster in England, playing academy/reserve matches. On the other I think 20 is a good age to make the move, development could definitely be accelerated at a higher level. 

Really hope this kid reaches his potential. 

1 hour ago, Celt said:

Not sure what is in the best interest of his career tbh, I thought he was younger than he actually is. Turning 20 in Jan and only has 20 odd pro appearances, so hasn't really experienced being a full blown pro even at A-League level. 

On one hand I think he should get a full season under his belt before risking becoming another lost youngster in England, playing academy/reserve matches. On the other I think 20 is a good age to make the move, development could definitely be accelerated at a higher level. 

Really hope this kid reaches his potential. 

No doubt out of all the clubs in the league, hes at the best one in terms of development

1 hour ago, rass said:

Agree. But sort of would suck a bit too with Van Marwijk leaving the socceroos after the World Cup.

Why did we give Arnie the contract before the WC finished. I would love to see BvM keep the job.

I think as much as this will suck for Melb City, our boy is gone. Hopefully he can find the right place to go with the help of CFG and then instead of just being poached of all our talent maybe CFG can pull a finger and give us a AWSOME MARQUEE. 

Oh boy

Arzani has attracted significant interest from around Europe, with David Davutovic reporting the City Football Group are preparing “a mega bid” to keep the Australian in a Mooy-like deal. Davutovic adds that both Juventus and Bayer Leverkusen are also keen on the Melbourne City star.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/world-cup/australian-rumour-mill-aaron-mooy-to-shatter-aussie-transfer-record-as-english-trio-circle/news-story/eae51fab7bfbc631d4f7eba5d7ed75cb

8 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Why did we give Arnie the contract before the WC finished. I would love to see BvM keep the job.

I dont get this and I've had this convo recently with quite a few. I don't get the love BvM has generated.

To me he is bog standard hack. He has set us up not to get smashed but with very little chance of winning or even playing anything that people will remember. If it wasn't for VAR we wouldn't have scored yet. Granted the available players are not worthy of playing at a World Cup but thats another discussion altogether.

As for Arnold taking us into a new era, it's going to be awful. The national team deserves better.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I dont get this and I've had this convo recently with quite a few. I don't get the love BvM has generated.

To me he is bog standard hack. He has set us up not to get smashed but with very little chance of winning or even playing anything that people will remember. If it wasn't for VAR we wouldn't have scored yet. Granted the available players are not worthy of playing at a World Cup but thats another discussion altogether.

As for Arnold taking us into a new era, it's going to be awful. The national team deserves better.

I do understand what your saying but there is no way Ange would have done any better with attack at all costs mentality. How do you decide to wash the dishers with no morning fresh, how do you go surfing without a surfboard. What im saying is you work with the tools you have, you cant cut with a screwdriver. Bravo to Bert, especially paying out of his own pocket to help the aussie team adjust.

• Like 2

More and more 'rumors' are coming out Juve, Bayer Lev, PSV all looking to sign him. Worse part is that it seems Manchester want to offer him a good deal to retain him, BUT he would go straight to NAC Breda

1 hour ago, haz said:

More and more 'rumors' are coming out Juve, Bayer Lev, PSV all looking to sign him. Worse part is that it seems Manchester want to offer him a good deal to retain him, BUT he would go straight to NAC Breda

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if he was trying to neg a better loan deal with CFG. We do play Girona in July.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if he was trying to neg a better loan deal with CFG. We do play Girona in July.....

I just hope with all my heart he is here for another season, it would be the most excitement come gameday since Mooy was pulling the strings in his final season

30 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

BREAKING : optus sport commentator literally just said Arzani the 19 years and 5 months who plays for Melbourne VICTORY ah

Same on Talksport for the Denmark game

-----------------------------------

Wasn't too good against Peru. That might just be enough for him to stay another season.

Edited by haz

8 hours ago, haz said:

Same on Talksport for the Denmark game

-----------------------------------

Wasn't too good against Peru. That might just be enough for him to stay another season.

I've always been of the opinion that he will stay regardless.

Will be loaned back to us by Man City, Have a full season under his belt with us, smash it and head off to Europe somewhere.

24 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

I've always been of the opinion that he will stay regardless.

Will be loaned back to us by Man City, Have a full season under his belt with us, smash it and head off to Europe somewhere.

I don't think man City can buy him and loan him back to us. Or has that rule changed again? 

I like Arzani. No doubt that he's a damned good player, and will ultimately leave us to play elsewhere, whether it be now or in the future. But IMO some of the reported talk - such as being worth a $50m transfer fee, and that he'll ultimately be one of the world's best 10 players - is ridiculous. IMO if someone offers us $50m for him I'd sell - that'd pay our operating losses for the next 10 years or so.

• Like 1

Definitely has huge scope for improvement. Up against a hard, fast, running fullback yesterday showed that he just can't take on any defender and skin him with a trick or a drop-in the shoulder. It was the next level up for him.

Still though, he acquitted himself very well and wasn't afraid to try taking him on. Really proud of the kid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [LIBBA] said:

Either way he'll be at Melbourne City next season

While he remains under contract at Melbourne City for another year, It’s common knowledge Arzani and his management team are intent on engineering the swift departure his audacious ability demands.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/london-calling-as-in-demand-arzani-jets-off-to-resolve-his-future

30 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

While he remains under contract at Melbourne City for another year, It’s common knowledge Arzani and his management team are intent on engineering the swift departure his audacious ability demands.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/london-calling-as-in-demand-arzani-jets-off-to-resolve-his-future

The world game are as reliable as Bruno from the penalty spot.

• Haha 1