Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

3 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Can see CFG tying him down to a long term deal and loaning him to a club like Girona to develop instead of playing a 27 game season for half the year.

Imo he will be signed to Manchester "go on trial" then most likely end up at Girona or another affiliate club.

Love this comment from him btw

"Really happy, a little bit shocked, that's why I didn't celebrate so much. A bit of luck on my side for the goal I think. It's such a surreal feeling, you know, even to play for my country but to get on and score within seconds is really amazing," he said. "My mum and my dad were in the crowd. I ran to the corner flag for some reason. I don't know – I was a little bit confused."

• Like 2

On 10/06/2018 at 10:02 AM, Dylan said:

I reckon old Wazza deserves alot of credit for his rise IMO. @Embee seems to be a bit ITK about the relationship between Waz 'n' Az, spill the beans!

Haha pretty much spilled as many beans as I have already unfortunately.

Wazza essentially set him the goal of making the WC squad and committed to doing whatever he could to help him achieve that goal. Not sure how many of the youth players he sat down with and outlined goals like the above with but I was told that he worked very closely with Arzani and Atkinson from pretty much day dot.

Wazza should definitely get some significant credit for his development IMO, Arzani clearly has the skill and drive but Warren has clearly put some work into him and seems to know how to communicate with and motivate him effectively, despite people wringing their hands whenever he gave him tough love in the pressers.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Embee said:

Wazza essentially set him the goal of making the WC squad and committed to doing whatever he could to help him achieve that goal. Not sure how many of the youth players he sat down with and outlined goals like the above with but I do know he worked very closely with but I was told that he worked very closely with Arzani and Atkinson from pretty much day dot.

Wazza should definitely get some significant credit for his development IMO, Arzani clearly has the skill and drive but Warren has clearly put some work into him and seems to know how to communicate with and motivate him effectively, despite people wringing their hands whenever he gave him tough love in the pressers.

Definitely this. I've made sure to point this out at every opportunity, especially to those hacks over on 442 forum.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Embee said:

Wazza essentially set him the goal of making the WC squad and committed to doing whatever he could to help him achieve that goal. Not sure how many of the youth players he sat down with and outlined goals like the above with but I was told that he worked very closely with Arzani and Atkinson from pretty much day dot.

Do you think he would've made the world cup squad under a different coach?

Arzani open to overseas move

By John Davidson Jun 18 2018 5:51PM

Socceroos whiz kid Daniel Arzani admits he will decide on his club future and whether to leave the A-League after the World Cup, after attracting strong interest from Europe.

Arzani's former Melbourne City boss John van't Schip has tried several times to lure the winger to Holland to play for his club PEC Zwolle.

Ex-City assistant Michael Valkanis has also joined the coaching staff at Zwolle.

FourFourTwo understands Dutch sides Ajax and AZ Alkmaar are also keen on the 19-year-old.

Arzani is contracted to A-League outfit Melbourne City until the end of the 2018-2019 A-League campaign.

His exciting displays for City, and for the national team, has alerted European clubs to his prodigious talent.

Arzani said today he will not make a decision on his future until after the tournament in Russia is finished.

"Definitely [I'm interested in a European move], but I think at this stage the focus is on the World Cup, trying to get through this and have as big as an impact as I possibly can," he said.

"After that I will try to focus on picking a club to move forward."

Arzani is being tagged as the 'next big thing' in Australian football, after setting the A-League alight last season and being selected for the Socceroos as the youngest player amongst all the 32 nations at the World Cup.

The forward is unfazed by the pressure, and said the most pressure he faces is what he puts on himself.

"A lot of people have expectations of me, but I think no one else's expectations of me will ever be as high as my own, or my parents'," he said.

"I think that helps me deal with the pressure, because the most pressure I'm put under is by myself."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/arzani-open-to-overseas-move-494475

Please stay for another season, Ill buy you all the VBucks you want!

3 minutes ago, Harrison said:

FMD. I had no idea he was contemplating a move before next season. I just assumed he would stay for one more and then leave.

I'd suggest he probably wasnt until his star has risen astronomically in the last month and teams have started taking notice. I imagine there's been plenty of offers flooding in recently. My money is still on him to stay for at least 6 months i think.

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'd suggest he probably wasnt until his star has risen astronomically in the last month and teams have started taking notice. I imagine there's been plenty of offers flooding in recently. My money is still on him to stay for at least 6 months i think.

I reckon he'll follow the Mooy route to Manchester and then out on loan. As per another thread, I don't think we can fit them all in if we do sign another marquee.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I reckon he'll follow the Mooy route to Manchester and then out on loan. As per another thread, I don't think we can fit them all in if we do sign another marquee.

Well Mooy actually was elevated to Marquee in his last season before he left to Manchester/Huddersfield. 

It wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that maybe Arzani would be our 2nd Marquee if Budzinski returns to Poland. 

I would not like it but it's possible. 

49 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Well Mooy actually was elevated to Marquee in his last season before he left to Manchester/Huddersfield. 

It wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that maybe Arzani would be our 2nd Marquee if Budzinski returns to Poland. 

Isn't there some junior marquee option? According to Wikipedia it's still available but being ffa who knows 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

It's possible, but imo it'd be more likely that CFG worked a deal whereby he goes on to megabucks next season so we could keep under the cap this year. I think he's under contract this year for like 150k.

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

It's possible, but imo it'd be more likely that CFG worked a deal whereby he goes on to megabucks next season so we could keep under the cap this year. I think he's under contract this year for like 150k.

I love the offseaon trying to guess what the plan is.

So far with the signings, Budzik leaving and a potential Marquee CAM. But imo these seem to be the scenarios.

1. We have a stacked forward line. with one of Vidosic/O'Halloran coming off the bench
  2. Arzani does leave. So we have Vidosic - Fornaroli - O'Halloran
  3. Arzani gets given the marquee money (although I highly doubt this will happen)
  4. Our Marquee is not a forward or CAM but a CB, CDM (could see this), GK etc
  5. CFG dont sign a true marquee to save money and just put the highest paid player in the marquee slot
Edited by haz

With each game the possibility of him leaving just grows. No doubt he'll get offers  so it's in CFG's hands as to what they can give him to keep him.

Reality is they would probably want him to stay one more season in Aus, but to ward off the other clubs, they might just have to bring him to Europe and loan him out.

Imo he go the same way Mooy did. Will be upgraded to marquee status for this coming season, bought by Man City and loaned out. 
He seems like such a level headed kid and i think he'll be confident in his ability to smash it next season in the A League, build on his fitness/work off the ball (which are both still a knock on him)and then head overseas.

• Like 1

Just now, Jacques Le Cube said:

They have been trying to resign him since January.

And quite obviously he's kept raising the stakes as far as what he's worth. He's well within his rights to wait and see what this period was going to do for his value. A CFG signing isnt going to preclude him from going to Europe, but obv he can attract a far better deal now than what he would have 3 months ago.