Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

Really not sure what to think.

First thought is that it's a massive achievement for such an inexperienced player to go to a world cup. Less than 20 senior games. 

Second thought is, is he that good that no other player compares, and if he actually gets minutes in a world cup isn't that more of a reflection on the players available. 

Thirdly just going to the WC is going to fast track his development and if he continues to develop at this current rate he may become the next big name from Australia and maybe the start of a new generation of quality. 

• Like 1

Fmd, just a simple decision. What doesn't this kid have!?

--------------------------

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/daniel-arzani-socceroos-chose-football-over-neurosurgery/9831268

World Cup: Socceroos rising star Daniel Arzani chose football over being a neurosurgeon - FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018

By Europe correspondent

Lisa Millar 50 minutes ago

Young gun Daniel Arzani has settled in to a dream preparation for his first World Cup with the Socceroos.

When a high school principal asked Daniel Arzani what he wanted to do with his life, he said he wanted to wear the green and gold. But he also wanted to be a neurosurgeon.

His father John relates this story, barely holding in the laughter.

The principal's advice to Daniel? Concentrate on one or the other — don't try to do both.

He chose football. And now football is choosing him.

The 19-year-old is the youngest player to ever be called up to an Australian World Cup squad.

His parents had just landed in the Turkish resort city of Antayla, where the Socceroos' training camp is based, when they took the call.

"When he told us I was crying, I was crying. And I was so happy," his mother Sima said.

They don't remember a time when Daniel didn't play.

"Always, actually in my house it was empty," Sima said.

"I didn't have any frames on the wall or nothing, because Ben and Daniel and even John, they always play soccer at home, always I was saying oh my gosh, you've broken this one," she said, throwing her hands up in the air mimicking her horror at the time.

"He has broken a lot of glasses, and a lot of dishes, costing me a lot of money," John added, with a laugh that indicated it might have all been worth it.

They brought the family to Australia from Iran when Daniel was 7.

There had been talk earlier this year that Iran was making a big effort to woo Daniel to play for it.

But Australia won.

And John Arzani says that's where Daniel's heart is.

"I'm very glad we migrated to Australia. I love Australia," John said.

"I love the culture, the environment, the warmness of the people in Australia. I love it.

"We owe something. I wish that Daniel will make Australia proud of him and that he'll make the soccer family proud of him too."

Daniel was selected by the Australian Institute of Sport at 13.

By the time he was 16 he was playing for Australia's under-20s team in Brazil.

There's no guarantee Daniel will get match time in Russia, but he was brought on in the 84th minute in the 4-0 friendly win over the Czech Republic.

The final team has trained together for the first time since the squad was trimmed to 23 players.

It was an intense session as the temperature neared 30 degrees and you could hear the name "Arzani" rising above the coach's directions as other players called out to him or gave him a ribbing.

Bert van Marwijk says the very fact he's on the team says something about his potential.

And while he's got a lot to learn — he is after all only 19 — it feels as if he's been watching and waiting for this moment for years.

Edited by haz
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

This...

5 hours ago, haz said:

Fmd, just a simple decision. What doesn't this kid have!?

--------------------------

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/daniel-arzani-socceroos-chose-football-over-neurosurgery/9831268

World Cup: Socceroos rising star Daniel Arzani chose football over being a neurosurgeon - FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018

By Europe correspondent

Lisa Millar 50 minutes ago

Young gun Daniel Arzani has settled in to a dream preparation for his first World Cup with the Socceroos.

When a high school principal asked Daniel Arzani what he wanted to do with his life, he said he wanted to wear the green and gold. But he also wanted to be a neurosurgeon.

His father John relates this story, barely holding in the laughter.

The principal's advice to Daniel? Concentrate on one or the other — don't try to do both.

He chose football. And now football is choosing him.

The 19-year-old is the youngest player to ever be called up to an Australian World Cup squad.

His parents had just landed in the Turkish resort city of Antayla, where the Socceroos' training camp is based, when they took the call.

"When he told us I was crying, I was crying. And I was so happy," his mother Sima said.

They don't remember a time when Daniel didn't play.

"Always, actually in my house it was empty," Sima said.

"I didn't have any frames on the wall or nothing, because Ben and Daniel and even John, they always play soccer at home, always I was saying oh my gosh, you've broken this one," she said, throwing her hands up in the air mimicking her horror at the time.

"He has broken a lot of glasses, and a lot of dishes, costing me a lot of money," John added, with a laugh that indicated it might have all been worth it.

They brought the family to Australia from Iran when Daniel was 7.

There had been talk earlier this year that Iran was making a big effort to woo Daniel to play for it.

But Australia won.

And John Arzani says that's where Daniel's heart is.

"I'm very glad we migrated to Australia. I love Australia," John said.

"I love the culture, the environment, the warmness of the people in Australia. I love it.

"We owe something. I wish that Daniel will make Australia proud of him and that he'll make the soccer family proud of him too."

Daniel was selected by the Australian Institute of Sport at 13.

By the time he was 16 he was playing for Australia's under-20s team in Brazil.

There's no guarantee Daniel will get match time in Russia, but he was brought on in the 84th minute in the 4-0 friendly win over the Czech Republic.

The final team has trained together for the first time since the squad was trimmed to 23 players.

It was an intense session as the temperature neared 30 degrees and you could hear the name "Arzani" rising above the coach's directions as other players called out to him or gave him a ribbing.

Bert van Marwijk says the very fact he's on the team says something about his potential.

And while he's got a lot to learn — he is after all only 19 — it feels as if he's been watching and waiting for this moment for years.

All that is good about this country captured in a few paragraphs... 

22 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

One thing, how tf is it possible that hes playing better in this 10 or so minutes  than he played at AAMI...give this  lad THA Marquee Money, looking forward to the FFA Cup lads

From the World Cup vs France, to some shit ol paddock in rural VIC/NSW. Ah, the "magic" of the cup

• Like 1

Just now, haz said:

From the World Cup vs France, to some shit ol paddock in rural VIC/NSW. Ah, the "magic" of the cup

the price you pay for playing in the A-League, he wont be a "Cityzen" for too long if he keeps playing this way...great for him shit for us 

• Like 1

Arzani reminds me of a lovely couple of weeks once when I was seeing a girl way out of my league. I knew it, and I knew that sooner or later she would know it, and she'd move on up to her level.

Enjoy the ride while you can, cause he'll be off sooner or later when a prettier and richer club comes a calling.