Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

For me, this was the most exciting prospect about the CFG buyout at the time.

Along with the obvious hopes for silverware and big name marquees, I was excited at the prospect of the best young Australians coming here and developing into Socceroos and succeeding in the future via the pathways that the club can offer. With Arzani, Atkinson and seemingly De Silva being part of our first 11 next season it seems we're indeed starting to see that come to fruition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Along with the obvious hopes for silverware and big name marquees, I was excited at the prospect of the best young Australians coming here and developing into Socceroos and succeeding in the future via the pathways that the club can offer. With Arzani, Atkinson and seemingly De Silva being part of our first 11 next season it seems we're indeed starting to see that come to fruition.

I don't understand why we as a club should care about any of this.  I just wanna win the league, fuck everything else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

I was also excited by the possibility of having some young fringe Manchester City players as our visa options. But obviously FFA would prevent that.

Arzani and Atkinson have been something positive in a pretty piss poor year.

And yeah 13 wins of 27 is something to sing about because it's our best ever finish which only reinforces how shit we have been since inception. 

9 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Arzani selected for the Socceroos preliminary squad of 32.

Great news.

People say pick him it’s good for his development, pick him it’ll head off Iran.

Truth is - pick him, we need him! He could be a weapon off the bench in Russia.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

Great news.

People say pick him it’s good for his development, pick him it’ll head off Iran.

Truth is - pick him, we need him! He could be a weapon off the bench in Russia.

Surely you mean Timmy time is good of the bench? He is Australia's secret weapon!

4 hours ago, Embee said:

Danny De Silva is a silky smooth midfielder who glides around the pitch similar to what we saw with Mooy. Would be exciting for the club to have a partnership between De Silva, Arzani and Bruno.

Kewell was playing in the EPL for Leeds at 17.

Injuries and having to play with injections scuppered him later on, outside of Shwartzer, he has been one of our best, Bresciano probably pips him overall.

Edited by moops
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, moops said:

Kewell was playing in the EPL for Leeds at 17.

Injuries and having to play with injections scuppered him later on, outside of Shwartzer, he has been one of our best, Bresciano probably pips him overall.

I love Bresciano and Cahill has been a fantastic performer, Viduka was something special but on talent Kewell is head and shoulders above.

in regards to young Dan, Rogic is the only one in his league for talent post Kewell and yes they are both a mile behind. Kewell wasn’t just starting in the EPL at 17, he was making a massive impact.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Would love to see Arzani go to Ajax/PSV, he'd develop great there. 

He'll play for us next season and then go to Manchester City in Aaron Mooy's footsteps. From there, there are now more CFG options.

On 18/05/2018 at 7:33 AM, Tony999 said:

Since Kewell? Just goes to show where Australian football is atm.

Luongo has gone under the radar and I think he is a potential X factor in the World Cup.

Massimo Luongo, QPR Player of the Year, Socceroos news: Roos star nets Player of the Year award

The midfielder enjoyed a quality campaign in the Championship, scoring six and assisting three in 39 matches.

The award was announced on Saturday evening AEST as oart of the club’s Player of the Year Awards which also saw Nedum Onuoha named Players’ Player of the Year and Paul Smyth named Young Player of the Year.

Luongo had a particularly strong conclusion to the season, and his form has led many to tip him to start for Bert van Marwijk’s Aussie side at the World Cup in Russia.

The 25-year-old announced this week that the club had allowed him to sit out of their remaining fixtures in order to prepare for the tournament.

“After speaking to the manager and club, we have decided to end my season now and for me to recharge in preparation for the WC. This season has had its ups and downs but would like to thank all Cup. @QPRFC fans for their continued support. See you next season,” he tweeted on April 26.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/massimo-luongo-named-qpr-player-of-the-year/news-story/6f4e8fd150697a08e2cc72eaee52bdb7

I’m sure City Group will be behind the scenes “persuading” Van Marwijk to select Arzani … and make sure he has enough minutes on the pitch.

The value of this kid will skyrocket when the world can see what he’s capable of, then City group can sell him off to a European club.

$$$$$$$

7 hours ago, malloy said:

I hope he doesn't. I don't want there to be any 'excuses' as to why Cahill didn't make it.

You're entertaining the idea he won't even be picked? Based off his last 4 months on the pitch he shouldn't even be near this training camp. Yet he's there. I'd have more chance of lighting come out of my arsehole than Timmy not get selected in the final 23.  

10 hours ago, n i k o said:

You're entertaining the idea he won't even be picked? Based off his last 4 months on the pitch he shouldn't even be near this training camp. Yet he's there. I'd have more chance of lighting come out of my arsehole than Timmy not get selected in the final 23.  

You may say that I'm a dreamer..

But seriously, I am thinking he was kept in the 26 just for advertising and he will be cut for the 23.

I'm really looking forward to this WC, I reckon we are a good chance to get out of the group, even more so if Arzani is there. 

Not looking forward to the SBS coverage though, I think I'll be streaming a lot, or checking out the telstra deal. 

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Putting everyone’s hatred aside of him due to what happend with us. It Would be fucking dumb to dump Cahill from the World Cup.

If Cahill is included then Arzani just has to be also. Both are the sort of wild card player that we need if we're going to spring a surprise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, malloy said:

You may say that I'm a dreamer..

But seriously, I am thinking he was kept in the 26 just for advertising and he will be cut for the 23.

Interesting idea and not as far fetched as it may seem. However as much as I dislike the guy I think we need him there to come off the bench. 

10 hours ago, moops said:

I'm really looking forward to this WC, I reckon we are a good chance to get out of the group, even more so if Arzani is there. 

Not looking forward to the SBS coverage though, I think I'll be streaming a lot, or checking out the telstra deal. 

Probably be better off with the OPTUS deal.....

13 minutes ago, n i k o said:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/optussport/posts/

I can't provide the direct link to the vid but if you scroll down all the way to yesterday's posts you'll see Arzani dance his way past 3 players and earn a pen. Surely just based off that alone he gets chosen. 

The going down easy stuff that makes him harshly judged in the A League by refs will be nothing at the WC. I'm convinced he goes tbh, he has a couple of weapons that no other player in the Aus squad has. IMO he'll feature in all three games.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, n i k o said:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/optussport/posts/

I can't provide the direct link to the vid but if you scroll down all the way to yesterday's posts you'll see Arzani dance his way past 3 players and earn a pen. Surely just based off that alone he gets chosen. 

Just watched it. Classic Arzani - once he's running at them no-one can touch him. Just has to play.

I couldn't get over people bashing the kid for saying he wanted to  nutmeg paul pogba.  Sums up everything that is wrong with football support in Australia.  Anyone, let alone a 19 year old kid, is jumped on if they take a risk or show some ambition or excitement.  We are so negative to watch in the national team, this kid is the only interesting thing about our team (obviously besides seeing Mooy destroy everyone).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Originalmeme said:

I couldn't get over people bashing the kid for saying he wanted to  nutmeg paul pogba.  Sums up everything that is wrong with football support in Australia.  Anyone, let alone a 19 year old kid, is jumped on if they take a risk or show some ambition or excitement.  We are so negative to watch in the national team, this kid is the only interesting thing about our team (obviously besides seeing Mooy destroy everyone).

You touch on a very good point. If you or anyone else is interested, have a listen to this recent FNR podcast where Branko Culinary touches on this very thing about players playing with freedom, bravery and how football society holds them back.

https://soundcloud.com/fnr_footballnationradio/fnr_football-the-pioneers-with-branko-culina-24-may-2018

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

On 24/05/2018 at 7:18 AM, Dylan said:

Putting everyone’s hatred aside of him due to what happend with us. It Would be fucking dumb to dump Cahill from the World Cup.

This.

the saltiness on here in regards to Cahill’s selection probability is as bad as what Tards say about Arzani.

we need both of them there.

Now it is true that our nation needing a 38 year old is a sad indictment on football here, but that’s a separate matter.

On 25/05/2018 at 0:10 PM, Originalmeme said:

I think people just like to bash Arzani because he plays for us.

30 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

This.

the saltiness on here in regards to Cahill’s selection probability is as bad as what Tards say about Arzani.

This is like the 442 forum. It's not saltiness. It's seperating two points of view...that Cahill could be needed at the World Cup AND  he's a massive massive flog. Saltiness only happens when these two overlap. 

• Like 2