Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

1. Disgraceful dive. Imagine the damaging uproar had he succeeded in milking that foul.

2. Pathological inability to look up and plan early when to pass.

3. No left foot. No heading. No tackling. No striking. But, yes, he's an excellent dribbler and has pace.

4. He's not the Messiah.

Edited by Couscous

1 minute ago, Couscous said:

1. Disgraceful dive. Imagine the damaging uproar had he succeeded in milking that foul.

3. No left foot. No heading. No tackling. No striking. But, yes, he's an excellent dribbler and has pace.

4. He's not the Messiah.

You must be a Tard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Couscous said:

4. He's not the Messiah.

FFS. He's talented. He's young. He's learning. He's in very good hands with City and CFG.

Lay off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Couscous said:

4. He's not the Messiah.

How kind of you to take time off from jerking off over Joel Griffiths cock punching a linesman to post on our forum. 

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Yes, that's the way I read it too. But he is young so sloppy decisions are part of deal. He will learn.

Exactly. Why is it that in Australia we expect the next big prodigy in any sport to be the complete article right from the start? Maturity takes time to arrive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Exactly. Why is it that in Australia we expect the next big prodigy in any sport to be the complete article right from the start? Maturity takes time to arrive.

But we did have teenage superstars 15 years ago that went on to play for country and big clubs. As shame nothing has happened since.

16 hours ago, hyperfuzz said:

2/3rd of what came out of Joyce's mouth on Friday night from the bench was directly to Arzani and getting him to position correctly when defending.

I reckon they have a good relationship though judging by the way they reacted to each other when Arzani came off.

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

But we did have teenage superstars 15 years ago that went on to play for country and big clubs. As shame nothing has happened since.

Yes agree. But we also had many that did not. Viduka was an example that did and Markovski that didn't. 

Opposition teams have now had a reasonable opportunity to study Arzani's attacking moves, and they are generally marking him a lot better in terms of closing him down and limiting him as a threat.

For Daniel to take the next step professionally, he needs to increase the variation of his attacks.  Looking forward to seeing what he does against Newcastle as they haven't been able to contain him thus far this season.

7 hours ago, malloy said:

I reckon they have a good relationship though judging by the way they reacted to each other when Arzani came off.

Yeah I wasn't saying that as a negative; he's just getting a lot of coaching about positioning and what to do when he doesn't have the ball to keep formation.

5 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Opposition teams have now had a reasonable opportunity to study Arzani's attacking moves, and they are generally marking him a lot better in terms of closing him down and limiting him as a threat.

For Daniel to take the next step professionally, he needs to increase the variation of his attacks.  Looking forward to seeing what he does against Newcastle as they haven't been able to contain him thus far this season.

So far he’s been a wizard at getting past players, beating 2, 3 sometimes 4 opponents but the end result of that effort hasn’t been as productive as the lead up play. That’s not being unfair to him but that maybe sometimes an earlier lay off may have found one of our other players in a better position to carry on with the attack or change the direction of play. Basically it’s about making the right decisions for the team and not getting too carried away with executing Ronaldoesque manoeuvres. He’s got time on his side to mature into a very good footballer.

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

Been thinking about all the constructive criticism of Arzanis final product. I'm not sure it's all as poor as people seem to think it is. A caveat to this post is that I do agree there's times he could do things differently. But think back to the assists he provided to Ross, or some of the through balls he's given to Bruno, or even the goal he scored against Perth and some of the shots he's taken. He's certainly capable and has done so a number of times.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, n i k o said:

Been thinking about all the constructive criticism of Arzanis final product. I'm not sure it's all as poor as people seem to think it is. A caveat to this post is that I do agree there's times he could do things differently. But think back to the assists he provided to Ross, or some of the through balls he's given to Bruno, or even the goal he scored against Perth and some of the shots he's taken. He's certainly capable and has done so a number of times.

Most of his crosses that I have seen in games are gorgeous. I’m surprised they still let Brattan take corners 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dylan said:

Most of his crosses that I have seen in games are gorgeous. I’m surprised they still let Brattan take corners 

Brattan doesn't take corners per se now, more or less Azarni or someone else will roll the ball out to him on a corner and then brattan whips it in. 

When we do this his corners are a lot more accurate imo

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

Brattan doesn't take corners per se now, more or less Azarni or someone else will roll the ball out to him on a corner and then brattan whips it in. 

When we do this his corners are a lot more accurate imo

But still quite shit and it leaves us more exposed to the quick counter if we lose the ball straight away. 

27 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

But still quite shit and it leaves us more exposed to the quick counter if we lose the ball straight away. 

IMO we are not particularly threatening from any of our set pieces. It's an aspect of our play that needs plenty of work.

31 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO we are not particularly threatening from any of our set pieces. It's an aspect of our play that needs plenty of work.

With the exception of Bruno’s FKs at goal I agree with you. I’m just not sure we can improve with work. I think we need to recruit players with dead ball and crossing ability

On 24/04/2018 at 0:07 AM, n i k o said:

It’s thin margins on the final balls. A fraction of a second off, angle just off and in a tight spot it doesn’t work out.

The average punter might think “it’s shit” but actually it doesn’t need much adjustment to start raining goals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Young Footballer of the Year.

Congratulations to the lad.

Had a patch of about 4-5 games through the middle of the season where he really helped keep our head above water, you expect that kind of impact from your George's and Adrian's of the world but not a 19 year old kid.

Very excited to see what he can do next season with a full first-team pre-season under his belt

Edited by Embee
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, rass said:

Well done lad.

Earlier in the season Joyce was saying Kamau could play in the Championship and Arzani had a lot to learn. How quickly things change.

Hope the lad makes the final squad and gets enough minutes to see how he goes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Earlier in the season Joyce was saying Kamau could play in the Championship and Arzani had a lot to learn. How quickly things change.

Anyone remember Sarkies.

42 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Got it on pretty good authority that before the season started Joyce set Arzani the target of getting himself into the squad for Russia and committed to working with him to achieve that goal.

I know it appears Joyce is extra hard on Arzani but it seems to have gotten the best out of the kid and I'd suggest that's why he does it.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 4