Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

39 minutes ago, Embee said:

Fitness is probably a driver there. 

Disappointed to see guys like Rukavytsa, Kruse and Troisi getting a nod despite poor form/being absolute shitcunts. Would have GolGol in that side above any of those 3 at the moment.

Probably a good thing in terms of Arzani's ego too. Perhaps more chance of him re-signing for City?

Doubt that van Marwijk would even have heard of GolGol.

45 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Probably a good thing in terms of Arzani's ego too. Perhaps more chance of him re-signing for City?

Doubt that van Marwijk would even have heard of GolGol.

I think he think he get's a pathway deal where he signs with City and is loaned back to us for a season regardless, with an aim to moving over to Europe if he has a great 18/19 season.

Well he's picked that Susnjar guy and he plays at the same club as GolGol (and apparently Eli Babalj according to Wikipedia) so I think he'd be aware. Obviously I've only seen the stats but I'd say he'd be worth a run in a friendly.

• Like 1

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that he isn't in the squad, you take him and give him a few minutes, give him the experience and also we find out his intentions 100%

Iran will come knocking 100% now and it wouldn't surprise me if they name him in their next squad and make him make a decision  

39 minutes ago, neio said:

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that he isn't in the squad, you take him and give him a few minutes, give him the experience and also we find out his intentions 100%

Iran will come knocking 100% now and it wouldn't surprise me if they name him in their next squad and make him make a decision  

Really. 

The kid has played how many senior games ? How many have been full 90 minutes. 

Now we've seen him weekly and he has been a revelation but international football is another level altogether. 

He isn't ready for international football even if its a friendly. 

If he continues over the next few months and can see out games then maybe he deserves a squad spot for Russia but for me he is just not ready. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Really. 

Now we've seen him weekly and he has been a revelation but international football is another level altogether. 

If he continues over the next few months and can see out games then maybe he deserves a squad spot for Russia but for me he is just not ready. 

He probably isn't ready, but we capped ikonomidis before he had played a senior game. Brad Smith the same. If he was only Australian than we would have more time, but for the sake of one spot to make him commit to Australia long term, I would have named him 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Embee said:

Disappointed to see guys like Rukavytsa, Kruse and Troisi getting a nod despite poor form/being absolute shitcunts. Would have GolGol in that side above any of those 3 at the moment.

National team will go nowhere with those jokers still there.

Kruse lol - I am probably travelling better than him and I'm mid 40s. My dick is probably stronger than the whole of that pissant.

Troisi - going to be fun seeing how much more hair he'll lose battling with Pogba, Kante and Co. Pretty sure he'll be lucky to get more than 5 touches.

Ruka - never seen someone expend so much energy sprinting around like a headless chook chasing their own first touch.

Pretty sure this new coach only went and saw one game when he was here and it wasn't one of ours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Really. 

Daniel's stats this season are 11 games, 8 starts, 2 goals, 3 assists and 0 90 minute performances. Won a few pens as well. 622 minutes at an average of 56 per game, 68 if you only include the games he started in.

He has a further 6 substitute appearances from last season.

4 hours ago, Embee said:

Legit looks like he just read the news for who was in the previous squads

---------------------------------------------------------

Cahill getting selected, FMD.

Im thinking of starting a twitter and Instagram account so I can post shitty pictures and hashtags, then I have a good chance at getting selected for the Roos!

Edited by haz

6 hours ago, Embee said:

I'd have Borello in for Ruka, or Gol Gol.

Kruse seems to be doing ok in Bundesliga 2 last time I heard, it was stupid he kept getting picked when his only club involvement was to warm the bench, at least he is playing now.

Arzani in for Troisi.

Arzani or Mebrahtu in for Cahill

Kenny Dougal in for Brillante.

Edited by moops

• 2 weeks later...

There's an interesting little statistic on the FoxSportsLab website called "Tackles evaded", the three leaders in this category are Hoole, Castro and Arzani with 36, 33 and 30 respectively - only Arzani has amassed his in 1000 fewer minutes then either Castro or Hoole. 

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/stats/players?sortBy=tackleBusts

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

There's an interesting little statistic on the FoxSportsLab website called "Tackles evaded", the three leaders in this category are Hoole, Castro and Arzani with 36, 33 and 30 respectively - only Arzani has amassed his in 1000 fewer minutes then either Castro or Hoole. 

Consider this stolen and appearing on tonight's ep of talking city. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Do you know if it takes into account when he beats a player but gets fouled?

• 2 weeks later...

(Couldn't find his thread so I'll post this here)

Denis Genreau got the education award...... this has been a death wish in the past for the previous recipients. Expect him to be dropped from the club at the end of this season.

2 hours ago, haz said:

(Couldn't find his thread so I'll post this here)

Denis Genreau got the education award...... this has been a death wish in the past for the previous recipients. Expect him to be dropped from the club at the end of this season.

@haz Not (always) true. Arzani won it last season...