Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

7 minutes ago, rass said:

Some nice skill there.

I'd start him and bring on Novillo as an impact sub..............................................

Brilliant!  Master stroke.  This is the kind of forward thinking that actually wins you games.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jeffplz said:

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/melbourne-city-fc-re-sign-fitzgerald-sign-arzani/lxp43bhtwj811osco7u6920vv#sthash.CqAnBSeh.dpuf

17 year old creative attacking midfielder signed for 2 years.

Promising, but this video was released 2014.

If he was only 15 on that vid he looks some prospect.

The one thing that impressed me was he always had his head up. This shows he is comfortable with the ball at his feet and doesn't need to look down to see what he is doing.

Can't wait to see how he develops this season.

Edited by silva10
  • Like 1

Hopefully he has learnt to take the ball with a live touch (the way Mooy does in that he is on the move as he takes the ball). On those highlight vids he takes the ball then moves ... He won't have the time in the senior comp and will be closed down before he can dribble. His dribbling is impressive, as his through ball in behind the last defender. Look forward to seeing him in the FFA cup

According to "The Secret Agent", Daniel Arzani trialled with Manchester City in Manchester. To add more support to that idea, Daniel said around that time that he was travelling to Manchester. Good signs with regards to his talent if Man City had a real look at him.

A highly technical player, who as Niko noted passes and combines well with his teammates. And he's very ambitious (listen to his signing video, in the video thread).

Looking forward to seeing him play, and definitely a solid signing to take up 1 of our 3 required under 20 player spots.

3 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Hopefully he has learnt to take the ball with a live touch (the way Mooy does in that he is on the move as he takes the ball). On those highlight vids he takes the ball then moves ... He won't have the time in the senior comp and will be closed down before he can dribble. His dribbling is impressive, as his through ball in behind the last defender. Look forward to seeing him in the FFA cup

He can dribble, yeah, but can he match our boy Kuzi in step overs?

On 6/10/2016 at 6:45 PM, rass said:

Some nice skill there.

I'd start him and bring on Novillo as an impact sub..............................................

With Gooch gone, I have heard the Walkerist Bannermen are already rallying around the Young Man's cause...

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Arzani: I’m just grateful for any opportunity I get

Arzani’s spot kick after 21 minutes on Friday night was enough to separate the sides in Shepparton as City continued to work towards October 6’s season opener with a win over Western Sydney.

Despite regulars Bruno Fornaroli, Nick Fitzgerald and Tim Cahill not playing a part in the match, Arzani didn’t look out of place during the contest, winning the penalty to give his side the match-winning goal and says his focus this pre-season has been to impress with every opportunity he gets.

“It’s always good to get out there with the boys. I’m really grateful for every game I get to play for the Club and just try to do the best I can whenever I am given a chance to,” Arzani said.

“I’ve been training with the squad for a while now. The match intensity was quite high and it was a good hit out for us despite all the circumstances.

“I’m looking for a breakthrough season. I want to get as much game time as possible, score goals and help the boys win games.

“It’s essential that everyone is ready for Round 1 to set the tone for the rest of the season and we go on from there.”

The competition for places in the squad has been intense this pre-season and will continue to be during the season proper but that hasn’t fazed Arzani, with the starlet knowing what he has to do to take his game to the next level.

“I think it’s the work I do off the ball that will count,” he said.

“It’ll be about making sure I can keep my concertation defensively, making forward runs and playing a role in the side.

“I think one of the main things to taking it to the next level is working on your deficiencies and being a bit more all-rounded.

“That’s what I’ve been working on this pre-season and working on my defensive side of the game and keeping up with the rest of the boys.”

Arzani and City have one more pre-season match against Adelaide United behind closed doors in South Australia before returning to prepare for our season opener on Friday 6 October.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

if Arzani does not start over Kamoo this season gonna have words too say on here!  This kid is literally the future of aus football

If Ross starts, Kamoo and Arzani to battle it out for a spot on the bench this Friday night.