Melbourne Football

2016/17 Fixture

bt50

4 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

One Sunday game is freaking sweet. Always hated going on a Sunday 

My thoughts exactly.

The fact we have 9 of 13 on Friday's and Saturday's is awesome.  Plus the Tuesday game v Perth should come up nice during the Christmas break for most.

Am seriously contemplating round one away

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Loved the Sunday games, not going on a Thursday. Friday's work a lot better now that my kids are a bit older.

Anyway I'll take it all into account when I calculate the best financial option (season ticket vs just buying tickets for games)

I wouldn't of had a problem with the Sunday games if they wernt on so late. 5.00 or 5.30 kick offs or whatever they were, were just too late in a Sunday to be out on. By the time I got home it wasn't till like 8-9 o'clock, just too late for myself  to be out on especially before work the next day.iif the games on Sunday had started at 1 I wouldn't of had a problem with them.

32 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I wouldn't of had a problem with the Sunday games if they wernt on so late. 5.00 or 5.30 kick offs or whatever they were, were just too late in a Sunday to be out on. By the time I got home it wasn't till like 8-9 o'clock, just too late for myself  to be out on especially before work the next day.iif the games on Sunday had started at 1 I wouldn't of had a problem with them.

1pm Sunday ko. That's just crazy talk. Go slap yourself.

3 hours ago, silva10 said:

Are you lads happier that there are more Friday nights and only a few  Sunday games?

Unfortunately it means I will be recording more games next season.

I suspect that those with young kids would not be; at least not if you want to take them to a game. Sunday 1pm or even 3pm is crazy talk because kids would just about roast in the summer heat.

3 hours ago, silva10 said:

Are you lads happier that there are more Friday nights and only a few  Sunday games?

Going to the pub after work to catch up with mates I would otherwise rarely see, and then the A-League after is basically perfect for me (late 20's office worker). Sunday games on the other hand are painful as I am almost always back home on weekends (2-3 hours away). So I know which time slot I prefer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, silva10 said:

Friday nights are a struggle with the kids and traffic but not I'm not fussed. What worries me more is losing a Friday night game really ruins a weekend. So basically if we win, I like Friday nights and if we lose I want to know which genius decided to play on a Friday. 

• Like 1

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 3:50 AM, silva10 said:

Yes i am anyways. Would rather saturday night games but friday night games is a great way to start the weekend especially if we win.

On 11/06/2016 at 3:50 AM, silva10 said:

Personally no. I have kids i take to games and i work in the city. So it means coming home from the city, picking up the kids from school, get them changed and ready to leave in about 1 hour, then heading back in.

Its a pain for me but you cant please everyone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Friday nights we usually get our worst crowds

Over 6 seasons, A-League non-derby home (AAMI) matches:
Fridays: 18 matches average 7,468.
Saturdays: 21 matches average 7,161.
Sundays: 23 matches average 7,669.

For all non-derby matches: 71 matches all days average 7,407.

There's really not a lot in it because of all the variables - opponents, how we're playing, holidays, weather, etc.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Over 6 seasons, A-League non-derby home (AAMI) matches:
Fridays: 18 matches average 7,468.
Saturdays: 21 matches average 7,161.
Sundays: 23 matches average 7,669.

For all non-derby matches: 71 matches all days average 7,407.

There's really not a lot in it because of all the variables - opponents, how we're playing, holidays, weather, etc.

Yeah that's right. Basically it just changes who's happy. That's why I reckon an even split is best, give a bit to all demographics, but how much say Melchester has in all this I don't know.

• Like 2