Melbourne Football

Socceroos v Greece

belaguttman

I know how Thrillhouse feels, i am only going because i have never been to a Socceroos match as they rarely play in Melbourne owing to the FFA being Sydney centric. Normally i would not go to Shitihad it is a bog hole with zero atmosphere and the fact that the tards play there. I bought my tickets two months ago and now find that FFA have reduced the prices, well serves them right if not many go, nothing but money hungry grubs and no thought for the fans at all if the prices do not alter for the game at the MCG this will be the only time i will see the National Team play.

On 05/06/2016 at 6:34 PM, n i k o said:

I understand the economics of the situation, however they have an overriding effect on things such as pitch quality, stadium quality and atmosphere. It would be dissapointing if for example Japan beats us at the MCG and we fail to qualify for the World Cup simply because the FFA only sees a profit in attracting the big Japanese market here in Melbourne. 

Well, the Japan game will be on the 11th of October, the AFL season will be over by then so the pitch should be fine. You'd assume so anyway.

1 hour ago, xXJawsaXx said:

Well, the Japan game will be on the 11th of October, the AFL season will be over by then so the pitch should be fine. You'd assume so anyway.

I agree. I'm speaking more of the atmosphere. There's a lot of Japanese people in Melbourne. During the Asian cup AAMI park was sold out for Japan's first game. Would the FFA deny 30k+ Japanese supporters at the MCG and a healthy profit in order to create a better home atmosphere at a smaller venue? Because I can garuntee the Japanese will be much louder than us and I'd hate, even if it's the smallest chance, this to be a factor in us qualifying for the World Cup. 

14 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I agree. I'm speaking more of the atmosphere. There's a lot of Japanese people in Melbourne. During the Asian cup AAMI park was sold out for Japan's first game. Would the FFA deny 30k+ Japanese supporters at the MCG and a healthy profit in order to create a better home atmosphere at a smaller venue? Because I can garuntee the Japanese will be much louder than us and I'd hate, even if it's the smallest chance, this to be a factor in us qualifying for the World Cup. 

I'd guarantee that the majority of those 30k supporters were just Australians who wanted to see (arguably) the best team in Asia. I also don't think that many Japanese people would fly down for the game in October anyway, especially not that early in the campaign.
It is unconfirmed that the game against Japan will be at the MCG anyway. So it's pure speculation at this point.

4 hours ago, xXJawsaXx said:

I'd guarantee that the majority of those 30k supporters were just Australians who wanted to see (arguably) the best team in Asia. I also don't think that many Japanese people would fly down for the game in October anyway, especially not that early in the campaign.
It is unconfirmed that the game against Japan will be at the MCG anyway. So it's pure speculation at this point.

I was at that game and to me it seems the majority were of Asian descent and basically the majority of the stadium in blue which I'll admit is also speculative to assume they're all Japanese. In saying that if there were even 10k of them they'd outsing us. 

Edited by n i k o

12 hours ago, n i k o said:

I was at that game and to me it seems the majority were of Asian descent and basically the majority of the stadium in blue which I'll admit is also speculative to assume they're all Japanese. In saying that if there were even 10k of them they'd outsing us. 

I think that it just highlights the fact that our national team's active support sucks. Really bad.

lol shittest half of international football I've witnessed in recent memory, 65% useless possession, horrible passing, zero defence, no finishers and the Greeks are falling over and dying every opportunity.

That Maniatis goal was something special though, although Federici did a fantastic job living up to his fuck-up reputation.

• Like 1

How bad was that game and where was JVS hiding? It looked like a vintage JVS era Heart performance with our 2 CBs dominating our possession and pass completion figures, inability to keep possession and Federici doing a Redmayne. Surely JVS had a hand in this?

McGowan and Gersbach don't belong at this level

Edited by belaguttman

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Today I learnt;

- Mooy is a God

- Australia has absolutely nothing to offer in the final third

- Federici is worse that Redmayne

How could you learn anything when you spent the whole game playing musical chairs?

Only things you could take from these games is Degenek belongs in the squad, Federici's role as #3 keeper should go to Birighitti, Kruse & Milligan need a transfer, Hoffman could be due a run at RB at this rate and Sydney prepares the worst pitches in the world on a regular basis

Once again the sport I love being targeted because a few flares were lit and only 5 people were evicted from 35,000. For sure throw the book at them, fuck them off completely.

I'm annoyed because I'm tired of the media attacking the sport as a whole. I'm not one of those idiots, neither are any of my family or friends that support the sport. We as a whole are constantly tarnished because the media decides to use any incidents against the whole sport.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Once again the sport I love being targeted because a few flares were lit and only 5 people were evicted from 35,000. For sure throw the book at them, fuck them off completely.

I'm annoyed because I'm tired of the media attacking the sport as a whole. I'm not one of those idiots, neither are any of my family or friends that support the sport. We as a whole are constantly tarnished because the media decides to use any incidents against the whole sport. 

It's the police too, its like blood to a piranha for them. The why they act its like they expect us to all emerge with rifles from the smoke and shoot up the place.