Melbourne Football

UEFA EURO 2016

hakz7

14 hours ago, bt50 said:

Im going to be in France for this so pretty interested this time around. 

Got tickets to Croatia v Czech Republic in St Etienne and hoping to get to Ukraine v Northern Ireland in Lyon as well.

As the Balkan and bohemian go toe to toe @bt50 from Ballarat will be there in his thongs sinking tinnies, what a world we live in

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

If the poms play like that in the Euros they won't get out of their group. Rooney looked several classes above the rest and Rashford- his touch is dreadful at times, you can tell the kid is green as grass.

I always thought rashford has got to be one of the luckiest guys in football, everything seems to fall into place for him, if it wasnt for a late injury at a united game, he wouldnt of had gotten an appearance for the senior team, and majority of his goal seems to be him being at the right time at the right place. And now he scored on his international debut because the ball took an awkward deflection and was just placed for him on a platter to bang it home.

48 minutes ago, Young Polak said:

I always thought rashford has got to be one of the luckiest guys in football, everything seems to fall into place for him, if it wasnt for a late injury at a united game, he wouldnt of had gotten an appearance for the senior team, and majority of his goal seems to be him being at the right time at the right place. And now he scored on his international debut because the ball took an awkward deflection and was just placed for him on a platter to bang it home.

At some point you have to question whether it comes down to luck, especially as it keeps happening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Young Polak said:

Muller scores all his goals due to this. It's not always luck. Rashford is great at reading the game and positioning of his teammates; perhaps because he was a no. 10 for United youth sides. He can play in several positions.

But besides that, do you think Rashford's goals vs West Ham (FA cup) and Man City were from luck and timing? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hakz7 said:

Muller scores all his goals due to this. It's not always luck. Rashford is great at reading the game and positioning of his teammates; perhaps because he was a no. 10 for United youth sides. He can play in several positions.

But besides that, do you think Rashford's goals vs West Ham (FA cup) and Man City were from luck and timing? 

I did say majority, i didnt say all goals,

but actually fuck it, i dont know what im talking about since i didnt even think about his reading of play and positioning

Edited by Young Polak

5 hours ago, n i k o said:

At some point you have to question whether it comes down to luck, especially as it keeps happening. 

Oh yeah I wasn't writing him off, just noting he butchered two good chances with poor touch. 

when you score regularly against good teams, like he has done, it shows you have something. He's definitely a young player with potential.

#yoof.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Keen as for this. BeIN's new shinny HD channels at the ready and I'll be on holidays for the entire tournament so will probably end up switching to a French sleeping pattern and watching most of the games.

I'll probably watch the 11pm game then wake up for the 5am game for each day. The 2am games (for first two matchdays) don't involve any big teams anyway.

I've always found it retarded how after every England 'failure' the foreigners in the EPL are blamed, when the fact is they've made the English NT better not worse by making English players have to compete against the best.

I reckon this England squad is the perfect example of that, you don't get a young squad like this if you're struggling to produce players, it would be full of 30+ year olds because the next generation hasn't come through.

The biggest problem England have is they think they're a top tier footballing nation because they have the richest league in the world, but fact of the matter is they're not. They got lucky and won a world cup at home once, but really they don't deserve to be up there with the other nations that have won world cups.

In other words, England don't fail, rather their expectations are unrealistic.

It probably doesn't help that the EPL is a crap league where real football isn't played and having a team of all EPL players is never going to win you a major tournament, that style of play doesn't work against teams that play real football, hence why EPL teams struggle in European club competitions as well.

11 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I've always found it retarded how after every England 'failure' the foreigners in the EPL are blamed, when the fact is they've made the English NT better not worse by making English players have to compete against the best.

I reckon this England squad is the perfect example of that, you don't get a young squad like this if you're struggling to produce players, it would be full of 30+ year olds because the next generation hasn't come through.

The biggest problem England have is they think they're a top tier footballing nation because they have the richest league in the world, but fact of the matter is they're not. They got lucky and won a world cup at home once, but really they don't deserve to be up there with the other nations that have won world cups.

In other words, England don't fail, rather their expectations are unrealistic.

It probably doesn't help that the EPL is a crap league where real football isn't played and having a team of all EPL players is never going to win you a major tournament, that style of play doesn't work against teams that play real football, hence why EPL teams struggle in European club competitions as well.

Didn't they invent football? Surely it's their divine right to be the favourite before every international event. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Didn't they invent football? Surely it's their divine right to be the favourite before every international event. 

They'd be better off if they didn't invent it and therefore didn't have the exemption that allows the UK to field 4 national teams. If they had Gareth Bale they might have a chance. Let's face it, not a single English player is fit to shine the shoes of some sheep fucker with the facial features of a monkey and a hair cut that warrants knee-high studs-up tackles whenever he is near the ball.

In fact, a Welsh player would probably be the second best player in a UK team as well.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Too much hoofball based on brawn and not brains at the grassroots and lower leagues, But i think that's slowly changing 

They're releasing what Australia realised years ago. That being physical and defending for your life only gets you so far internationally you need technically and tactically adept players to do well

Edited by Chris p

8 minutes ago, Young Polak said:

i was just referring to those off field clashes in marsielle b/w the english and russians+french lads

Its just been non-stop rioting outside and then inside the stadium post game

Oh yeh. Fucksticks doing their best to wreck it for everyone.