Melbourne Football

Waleed Aly - I for one accept our new SJW overlord

31 minutes ago, Jestr said:

I don't think this is really relevant to what you or I said, but ignoring that.

1. I don't know the back story about the arrest or w/e they're protesting, but it looks no different from any other protest against perceived police discrimination/abuse/injustice/whatever. In fact the protests in the US against the police are far worse.

2. I've probably said worse things about the police on this forum, I haven't seen you pull me up on them.

3. Picking out the one guy with a "Sharia law for the UK" sign to show is like me picking out Pauline Hanson as a representative of the Australian community.

4. The guy at the end is probably right, that probably is what Islam says (I wouldnt know), but I'm under the impression all other religions say similar. As I said in a previous post, I'm not here to defend the retarded shit that religions, including Islam, say. Rather I'm pointing out the complete inconsistency in the way people look at or treat Muslims compared to others in our society. I'm sure you'll find plenty of Christians who will tell you you're going to hell for not being a believer or not doing as their religion says, believing those fairytales is their problem not yours.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jestr said:

Where are the political, cultural, religious, intellectual (if there are any) or any what so ever leaders in muslim community when those cowards and murderes kill and maim in the name of Allah.

Who do they target? Innocent families and people who are often sympathetic to their plight and welcoming them.

Same people who are publicly critical of western government's treatment of muslims and against any involvement in the war in Middle East. Same people who take to the streets to show that we are against the agendas of multinational corporations which are sponsoring acts of war to further their greedy business "plans"

those so called terrorists should simply be referred to as thugs and cowards for attacking soft targets and ignoring the real enemy.

why.....because it's easier to hack at innocent people on the train going to work then to plan and coordinate an attack on a military or well protected commercial identity.

Political correctness, soft lay back attitude is what allowing them to prosper.

we must be really sick of our own culture, roots, history. We becoming nothing but Self loathing caricatures who are allowing to be punished and have no rights in our own country

That is the whole point of terrorism/torture. To create mass fear. When the Latin American generals back in the 70s and 80s were terrorising their respective populations by using torture it wasn't to get information but instead to cower the rather larger number of middle class people. When eventually they lost their fear, the generals were vanquished. When Lenin said make things worse so that everyone will become a revolutionary it was to highlight that the Tsarist regime (or Capitalist) could not protect the middle classes but the revolutionaries could.

I recall reading that the first political tract on terrorism as a political tool was written by a Russian revolutionary sometime in the 1860s and that became a basis for Lenin's thinking. Of course terrorising populations has been around for thousands of years but that was the first time an ideological political thought had been attached to terrorism.

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Anyone see The Age article about Sonia Kruger today?

Basically bagging out the whole "Political TV Rant" thing, but with no mention of old mate Wally who does it 10 times more than her? What a load of crap.

Hasn't that Grill segment on the Today show been going for like 5 years?

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Anyone see The Age article about Sonia Kruger today?

Basically bagging out the whole "Political TV Rant" thing, but with no mention of old mate Wally who does it 10 times more than her? What a load of crap.

There is one major difference between Sonia Kruger and Waleed Ali. Ali works is a politics lecturer at Monash's Global terrorism Research centre whilst Kruger is at best a mediocre dancer. If Kruger spoke about the Cha Cha Cha then I would listen. Its a bit like why JVS is coaching Melbourne City and whether you or I could coach Melbourne City. We just don't have what it takes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

There is one major difference between Sonia Kruger and Waleed Ali. Ali works is a politics lecturer at Monash's Global terrorism Research centre whilst Kruger is at best a mediocre dancer. If Kruger spoke about the Cha Cha Cha then I would listen. Its a bit like why JVS is coaching Melbourne City and whether you or I could coach Melbourne City. We just don't have what it takes.

Yes you hear that you plebs, only listen to the 'experts'... 

19 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

The comparison is apt. We don't have what it takes and neither does JVS, not dissimilar to both Waleed and Sonia, qualifications notwithstanding.

Edited by malloy

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

It's only Monash, doesn't make him much more qualified than a dancer tbh. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Depends what for but I've honestly heard nothing but shit from Melbourne grads compared to Monash grads. I did both my arts degree and my law degree at Monash and it opens as many doors as Melbourne in those fields (inb4 arts opens the door to maccas)

Well it was meant to be just a bit of banter but if you want to go there.

There probably is little difference in regard to career prospects but there is a significant difference in terms of the quality of the education and staff, I really doubt a bloke like Wally would be working at Melbourne for example.

10 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Well it was meant to be just a bit of banter but if you want to go there.

There probably is little difference in regard to career prospects but there is a significant difference in terms of the quality of the education and staff, I really doubt a bloke like Wally would be working at Melbourne for example.

Yea I did laugh when you said Melbourne, I'm just a cut Monash alumni. Honestly though he was a very good lecturer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2016 at 7:12 AM, NewConvert said:

Elaborate please. Are you saying that we should do what HeartFC wants and declare war against all Islamic countries? That we should do as The Catholic Kings of Spain did in the 16/17th century and expel all the Muslims from the West? That we should do like in WW2 and incarcerate all Muslims?

I tip my hat off to you sir by providing such a great current and relevant example... it really does demonstrates the point how Catholics can be just as extreme in our treatment towards other religions in 2016 as Extremist Muslims.

I have really been put back in my box that is for sure. :( 

NOTE: It's also now all coming back to me about how much the Jesuits at Newman College tried to recruit us to go to Spain and expel The Moors. All we ever heard about at Formal Dinner was about those pesky Moors.

Edited by cadete

Isn't the whole "the wests actions against muslim countries brought on all these terrorist attacks" that the left go on about a form of "victim blaming"?

I don't necessarily disagree with that statement, but at the same time I don't go on about "victim blaming" every time someone makes a logical point about people taking precautions to decrease their risk of being the victim of crime like the left do.

The left are honestly the most hypocritical retarded cunts imaginable tbh.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

On 8/4/2016 at 4:56 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

Boring article 

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/malcolm-turnbull-boxed-in-with-nowhere-to-go-20160803-gqk8jl.html

fun fact at the bottom no mention of the project;

Waleed Aly is a Fairfax columnist, the winner of the 2015 Quill award for best columnist, and a lecturer in politics at Monash University.

For some reason i read that as 'Waleed Aly is a Fairfax Communist'...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Isn't the whole "the wests actions against muslim countries brought on all these terrorist attacks" that the left go on about a form of "victim blaming"?

I don't necessarily disagree with that statement, but at the same time I don't go on about "victim blaming" every time someone makes a logical point about people taking precautions to decrease their risk of being the victim of crime like the left do.

The left are honestly the most hypocritical retarded cunts imaginable tbh.

Ye I encounter that argument quite often so I bring examples of countries which have issues with radical islam but took no part in any recent western intervention. Philippines being the prefect example. 

Further more I bring up the point that the Ottoman Empire (an Islamic caliphate) started attacking American ships in the late 1700's. This lead to barbary wars where after being warned many times, the Ottomans were crushed. The excuse the ottomans used was (surprise surprise), you are the kafir and the Quran allowed it. This is technically the first war between America and Islam. 

The cherry on top is the over 300 offensive attacks launched by the Muslims on Europe over 1400 years, the biggest being and without a doubt, the Battle of Vienna. Thankfully we had the beast man god, King Sobieski III who saved europe from the invading scum. This battle took place on Sep 11, thats why Bin Laden chose that date for the New York attacks. It was revenge and the beginning of a new Jihad on the west. People laugh at that until they look it up, (which they never do).

The nail in the coffin is the Crusades. There were only 6/7 of them and they were defensive wars launched to stop invaders and to save Christians and Jews who were being mass murdered in their homelands. Of course innocent people were killed and pope was pretty pumped up, but fuck it he was probably bored of fucking 8 year old boys. (Cathlophobic?)

They simply don't have a leg to stand on. Islam is an aggressive ideogly in its purest form and history proves it. 

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Ye I encounter that argument quite often so I bring examples of countries which have issues with radical islam but took no part in any recent western intervention. Philippines being the prefect example. 

Further more I bring up the point that the Ottoman Empire (an Islamic caliphate) started attacking American ship in late 1700's. This lead to barbary wars where after being warned many times, the Ottomans were crushed. The excuse the ottomans used was (surprise surprise), you are the kafir and the Quran allowed it. This is technically the first war between America and Islam. 

The cherry on top is the over 300 offensive attacks launched by the Muslims on Europe over 1400 years, the biggest being and without a doubt, the Battle of Vienna. Thankfully we had the beast man god, King Sobieski III who saved europe from the invading scum. This battle took place on Sep 11, thats why Bin Laden chose that date for the New York attacks. It was revenge and the beginning of a new Jihad on the west. People laugh at that until they look it up, (which they never do).

The nail in the coffin is the Crusades. There were only 6/7 of them and they were defensive wars launched to stop invaders and to save Christians and Jews who were being mass murdered in their homelands. Of course innocent people were killed and pope was pretty pumped up, but fuck it he was probably bored of fucking 8 year old boys. (Cathlophobic?)

They simply don't have a leg to stand on. Islam is an aggressive ideogly in its purest form and history proves it. 

Actually I have to disagree, like Cad said above it's retarded to bring up ancient history. It's fairly well established that you can't judge actions from the past by today's moral standards. The world was fucked in the past by today's standards. Also I really don't think the Muslims deserve the blame for the Crusades anyway.

FWIW, I do think the actions of the West has helped to promote radical Islam as that's one of the main tools the leaders of these terrorist groups have to recruit people with. Not that it is the sole cause of course, nor that it excuses terrorism. My point was more about the general hypocrisy of the left and that the shit they say has no consistency at all. It's not jsut this, but I could give liek 10 different examples. Also I think the whole "victim blaming" thing is retarded, if you do shit that increases your risk then yeah you deserve some blame.

Edited by Tesla

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Actually I have to disagree, like Cad said above it's retarded to bring up ancient history. It's fairly well established that you can't judge actions from the past by today's moral standards. Also I really don't think the Muslims deserve the blame for the Crusades anyway.

FWIW, I do think the actions of the West has helped to promote radical Islam as that's one of the main tools the leaders of these terrorist groups have to recruit people with. Not that it is the sole cause of course. My point was more about the general hypocrisy of the left and that the shit they say has no consistency at all. Also I think the whole "victim blaming" thing is retarded, if you do shit that increases your risk then yeah you deserve some blame.

Agreed - The dumbest thing is the Left also are always complaining that the Australian Government wont sign all these different UN treaties... its like you mean the UN that created Israel. 

NOTE: And the dumbest thing is when you look at which countries sign these treaties and are members of the councils with a lot just be outright Dictatorships.

Edited by cadete

FWIW I only brought up the past as counter argument to the lefts bringing up of the past. Im happy to leave it behind, I'm just constantly told my white great great great great grandpa launched the crusades while raping native american babies and whipped aborignals for fun. 

You can try and leave the past behind but the past won't let go. As a Latin American Catholic the earliest stories I remember being told were the crimes of Barabass followed by the Mamelukes. It wasn't until I was an adult that I discovered that these weren't stories to scare children but actually did happen anywhere between 8 centuries and three centuries before. On another continent. And I am quite certain in the islamic world there is an equivalent child being indoctrinated into hating christians. Human history is built on the ashes of yesterday - that is why Isaac Newton stated that he could see further because he stood on the shoulders of giants.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2016 at 10:00 PM, NewConvert said:

You can try and leave the past behind but the past won't let go.

On 8/19/2016 at 6:56 PM, Deviant said:

Lets take that into account, bringing the past up, to justify the present. 

The Gaza Strip.

This is my whole point. However, it's not the past that won't let go. It's the people holding onto the past that won't let go. 

2 hours ago, Deviant said:

This is my whole point. However, it's not the past that won't let go. It's the people holding onto the past that won't let go. 

For some things, yes. For some others it is not so simple - specially when it comes to resources such as land and water. Over in Boungainville mining took away the farmers and fishermen's livelihood leading to a rebellion where no one was a winner but right now the farmers have access to poisoned land and waterways. Should they say forgive and forget?

But an example for your argument from  another corner of the world - China and the Senkoku islands. China claims that historically these islands belong to them but since WW2 they have been part of Japan. I have no idea whether these islands have any natural resources or allows the nation in control to have access to resources (even if it is shipping access) but if we were to go along that China could claim anything in a historical map then they can claim half of Russia, Vietnam, both Koreas, Cambodia, a slice of India (to which technically they are still at war over). Heck when the Kublai Khan and his successor launched their western conquest they can claim Iraq, Iran, Romania and quite a few places more. I have no idea why China wants to revive such claims.

And also it takes both sides to forgive and move on. One side is not enough.

FFS.

Is it a coincidence that Monash is the first university in Australia to introduce 'trigger warnings'?

I know you're somehow responsible Wally.

This is officially the end folks, the left has won.

The left wing cancer has spread to far, there is no defeating it now. We will reminisce on ideals like freedom and individualism, for they will never be seen again.

5 hours ago, Tesla said:

FFS.

Is it a coincidence that Monash is the first university in Australia to introduce 'trigger warnings'?

The left wing cancer has spread to far, there is no defeating it now. We will reminisce on ideals like freedom and individualism, for they will never be seen again.

What are "trigger warnings"?

• Like 1

I honestly don't think trigger warnings are that big of a deal. In law at the very least it was just a courtesy at the start of some classes to warn people that it would be graphic, particularly in crime when we did rape and sexual assault and evidence. Nobody ever left or anything. 

People react to trauma in vastly different ways. A few weeks ago some dude in the building next to us at work jumped off a balcony and killed himself. I personally just worked through after seeing it, (the person was nothing to me and I'm a cold mother fucker) but others took time off and have had work paid for counselling. Just because I didn't need it doesn't mean they shouldn't have it. Just like the trigger warnings, if someone is a victim of rape they may want a heads up the fact that Ghenghis Khan and his Mongols are about to go to town on Bagdad in this weeks lecture. Or the red army are on their way to "liberate".

My point is people react to shit in different ways and it doesn't hurt to be accomodating. They do it before TV shows already and nobody bats an eye

• Like 5

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I honestly don't think trigger warnings are that big of a deal. In law at the very least it was just a courtesy at the start of some classes to warn people that it would be graphic, particularly in crime when we did rape and sexual assault and evidence. Nobody ever left or anything. 

People react to trauma in vastly different ways. A few weeks ago some dude in the building next to us at work jumped off a balcony and killed himself. I personally just worked through after seeing it, (the person was nothing to me and I'm a cold mother fucker) but others took time off and have had work paid for counselling. Just because I didn't need it doesn't mean they shouldn't have it. Just like the trigger warnings, if someone is a victim of rape they may want a heads up the fact that Ghenghis Khan and his Mongols are about to go to town on Bagdad in this weeks lecture. Or the red army are on their way to "liberate".

My point is people react to shit in different ways and it doesn't hurt to be accomodating. They do it before TV shows already and nobody bats an eye

This 100%. I really don't understand the big anger towards trigger warnings at all. It has no effect on anyone who doesn't need a warning. Whilst I do have a problem with banning certain things from being taught due to graphic nature or whatever like is beginning to happen in some US colleges, I don't think a quick warning at the start of a lecture is hurting anybody.

9 hours ago, Tesla said:

FFS.

Um, this shit is hardly surprising considering Monash made Wally a lecturer and gave him his own Global Terrorism Research Centre (Imagine the great non partisan work this centre does) when the bloke does not even have a PHD.

Then after his TV appearances they gave his wife a job as a Lecturer two years before she completed her PHD, which was only last year.

Now to put these appointments into context you just have to look at the Staff List not at another Univeristy but just at those lecturing Politics at Monash itself outside of Wally's Pinko Factory: http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/politics-international-relations/politics-staff/

All bloody seventeen staff members if they dont have an University Appointed Academic Title have a PHD... 

Edited by cadete

4 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

I really don't understand the big anger towards trigger warnings at all.

It's an attack on free speech. It's collectivist crap. It's part of this 'right to not be offended' bullshit. It's part of this 'microaggression' culture. It's all part of the collectivist's attempts to blur the line between speech and action, to make offending someone with your speech the same as hitting someone. We all know violence is not acceptable in our society, and the collectivists want the same to apply to speech that offends.

Of course, what offends you is subjective, it's self-appointed victimhood, yet the push is for it to be the ultimate trump card, for it to defeat any attempts of reason and intellect. 

And that's how freedom of speech will be lost. 

Herp derp I'm a left wing collectivist retard, I am unable to defend any of my many incorrect beliefs and philosophies, so any time any of it is brought up I am offended and so all your attempts of intellect and reason are wrong and in fact you're 'microaggressing' me and should go to jail.

It is fascism. Left wing fascism.

• Like 4