Melbourne Football

Waleed Aly - I for one accept our new SJW overlord

1 hour ago, cadete said:

This won't go down well with his Vegan Fanbase... 

Also I honestly would not be surprised if at this rate that this bloke becomes one of those ALP Celeb Candidates at a Federal Election in a few years time.

Vegans aren't real people and therefore shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Vegans aren't real people and therefore shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway.

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Have you ever met a vegan?

I thought stuff like that does not matter on here?

The Forum's Admin spends his half his time on here complaining about Inner North Hipsters... and his never meet Hipsters (Or their predecessors to be more accurate) or really even been to the Inner North.

36 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Have you ever met a vegan?

16 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Once. Smelled of cabbage and dirt.

LOL - My partner's sister is a Vegan and this would be the last impression anyone would have if they meet her... 

TBH with girls from my area these days its basically almost more unusual if they are not a Vegetarian/Vegan so I just consider myself lucky that my partner is only a Vegetarian.

The major downside for me I find with all these Vegetarian Girls is they usually dislike the Gallops. When I was at College back in 2003-2004 all the girls loved The Races but now its seems to have gone really out a vogue with a lot of them. As a regular attendee I can say that this attitude is actually noticeable at the track during the Spring Carnival nowdays.

2 minutes ago, cadete said:

LOL - My partner's sister is a Vegan and this would be the last impression anyone would have if they meet her... 

TBH with girls from my area these days its basically almost more unusual if they are not a Vegetarian/Vegan so I just consider myself lucky that my partner is only a Vegetarian.

The major downside for me I find with all these Vegetarian Girls is they usually dislike the Gallops. When I was at College back in 2003-2004 all the girls loved The Races but now its seems to have gone really out a vogue with a lot of them. As a regular attendee I can say that this attitude is actually noticeable at the track during the Spring Carnival nowdays.

Haha the vegans I know are the real hippie type that love dreadlocks and a la natural stuff. Not quite as mainstream in good ol' Ballarat yet.

Just now, bt50 said:

Haha the vegans I know are the real hippie type that love dreadlocks and a la natural stuff. Not quite as mainstream in good ol' Ballarat yet.

There are generally two types of Vegan Gals these days...

The OG version you mention above and then Newer Version in those who as well as caring about the cause itself also really like the idea of being able to have complete control over what food they chose to eat. The difference between the two is usually pretty physically obvious when you meet them.

8 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I'm vegitarian and went to the Birmingham for a few beers and a parma last night. Half the people I went with were too. Seems to be all us inner north folk are.

@bt50 I will take you to some killer vegan joints in Fitzroy and you'll be sold that if you live in the city it can be a viable alternative.

It's actually quite funny that despite the subpar service that Moroccan Soup Bar is close to my favourite restaurant... I often wonder what the other diners around me would do if they realised a Liberal voter was amongst them. 

TBH I wonder that a bit about a few of the places I frequent these days.

8 minutes ago, cadete said:

It's actually quite funny that despite the subpar service that Moroccan Soup Bar is close to my favourite restaurant... I often wonder what the other diners around me would do if they realised a Liberal voter was amongst them.

TBH I wonder that a bit about a few of the places I frequent these days.

I keep that pretty downlow as well lest the kids with Carpathian lyrics tattoo'd on their necks at Smith & Deli take exception to it.

On 16 May 2016 at 8:52 PM, jeffplz said:

how does ISIS justify what they do when this exists?tumblr_nt8skzOgT31rd4iddo1_1280.jpg

Where are the specific quotes which relate to this meme? I can give you quotes which are the opposite of almost all of those.

I don't deny there many things in quran that could be considered virtuous but theres a reason why the Quran is not in chronological order. Its a book thats very much split in 2, the peaceful times of Mecca and the war mongering and conquering times of Medina. Unfortunately not only is the Quran full of duplicity but it also makes it clear that the violent verse's supersede the peaceful. This makes prefect sense considering muhammad launched 90% of his battles and slaughter in the last 9 years of his life. He died leaving the religion in a state of Jihad and Islamic scholars can't deny that. 

Purely in a doctrinal sense ISIS follows the Quran and Haddith better than any Muslim on the planet. Thats simply a fact. Now that doesn't necessary mean muslims on the whole are terrorists and full of hate. If that were the case id be dead because I went to school full of afghans and plenty of turks. They like you don't follow the book literally and choose to follow the peaceful verses rather than the violent. 

To be honest if that meme is what you get out of the religion then I'm happy for you and personally I wish those rules above were the only ones listed in the quran, bible, torah etc. 

At one stage in history Christianity was by far the most violent and dangerous religion but it was reformed and the western world separated itself from theocracyThis hasn't happened in the Islamic world yet (I hope) and in fact its got even stronger hence the third wave of Jihad. The United States took the bait like Bin Laden knew they would and now many Muslims across the middle east and Europe have been forced to make a choice of where their loyalties lie. 

Most Muslims take what I write and say about Islam as some sort of bigotry and hate towards Muslims as people but thats actually the complete opposite. I don't want to see suffering due to lines written in a book or because shitty western foreign policy for that matter. Thats why I started with my own beliefs on religion and politics first.

Ive had some great convos with a few muslims over the years and I'm always been happy to say assalamualaikum, shake hands and debate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeartFc said:

I'd rather not derail the thread, but you'd be right in saying the "meme" is not in the Quran-- it is mentioned only in Hadith. Even then, it is to be taken with full consideration as it's the word of the Prophet. There's no picking and choosing of "peaceful" verses over "violent" verses, they're meant to be followed in respect to their context. I know the "Strike at their necks" verse sounds scary and threatening but you'd find that a battle cannot be initiated by a Muslim legally, only in self defence. The prose used in the Quran can't be accurately translated to English so context and wording is everything. You just have to read before or after the respective verse.

25 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I'd rather not derail the thread, but you'd be right in saying the "meme" is not in the Quran-- it is mentioned only in Hadith. Even then, it is to be taken with full consideration as it's the word of the Prophet. There's no picking and choosing of "peaceful" verses over "violent" verses, they're meant to be followed in respect to their context. I know the "Strike at their necks" verse sounds scary and threatening but you'd find that a battle cannot be initiated by a Muslim legally, only in self defence. The prose used in the Quran can't be accurately translated to English so context and wording is everything. You just have to read before or after the respective verse.

If anyone else had missed the fact that this is my off season troll thread; please feel free to derail as much as you like 

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

As an hispanic, I fully appreciate that things cannot be translated into English, some concepts are even hard to explain without writing a book about it. And Spanish and English are from the same continent that both languages have either Latin or Greek roots. As an example, I am a cynic in English but I am not in Spanish.

2 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

As an hispanic, I fully appreciate that things cannot be translated into English, some concepts are even hard to explain without writing a book about it. And Spanish and English are from the same continent that both languages have either Latin or Greek roots. As an example, I am a cynic in English but I am not in Spanish.

Comparing English babes to Hispanic babes I'm cynical too...

On 17/05/2016 at 7:21 AM, thisphantomfortress said:

Already eating plenty of dairy, especially since this dairy crisis shit hit the media, not because of ol mate Wally, but because the taste of farmers' tears makes it even better. Knowing my cheap dairy products come at the cost of the livelihood of cunts who can't stop fucking complaining about their own retarded financial decisions (lets not forget they signed up to Murray Goulburn out of their own greed as they promised an unrealistically high milk price) and demanding retarded shit like a 'milk levy'.

In fact, I might have to abandon my branded products in favour of home brand, cause this whole thing is full retard and I'm not supporting it.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Seriously, my head is going to explode if I try to think about how retarded this all is.

The same retards who would complain about the price of, well probably everything, who would advocate for some left wing sounding shit like co-operatives, who would love to fuck over rural Australians, etc are now complaining that milk is too cheap and should be higher.

Just because you have a twitter account with a few followers doesn't make you a fucking oracle who can decide how every detail of the universe should be. You do not decide what is a fair price. You do not decide now that farmers fucked themselves up that they are underpaid. You do not decide another product is overpriced cause the CEO got a $10m bonus. You are an irrelevant, inconsequential, spec of crap that wouldn't exist if the pro-choice abortion laws you advocate for existed when you were conceived. Please fix that retrospectively and kill yourselves.

At least the farmers complaining makes sense, they're just following the trend in our society of not accepting responsibility for your own fuckups and instead feeling entitled to other people's money to compensate your own fuckups. Just don't let me here this bullshit about farmers being hard working individuals who don't want handouts etc, lol please.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Partial Democracy?

Seriously Wally go fuck yourself... we easily have one of the best Constitutions in the world and a Political Systems that allows for a Two Party System that is forced to find the middle ground of the electorate and then able to perform effective government and such implement policies  .

Alongside this because of Compulsory Voting and Proportional Representation in the Senate we have a system that actually sees those on the fringe capable of letting of electing Minor Parties and Independents. 

Just because the majority of Australians dont agree with his biased crap... does not make our Democracy unrepresentative of its electorate. Even if all of these did kids enrol to vote for this spud we will still have a ALP or a Coalition Government.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Oh and while I'm in fine form this morning and throwing shade at everyone, it's funny how the country rednecks are usually against handouts and always for personal responsibility etc, but when it's farmers all of a sudden that seems to go out the window. In fact, I would like to call upon the representatives of country rednecks on this forum, @bt50 and @malloy, to tell me whether they do make an exception in this case?

19 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Oh and while I'm in fine form this morning and throwing shade at everyone, it's funny how the country rednecks are usually against handouts and always for personal responsibility etc, but when it's farmers all of a sudden that seems to go out the window. In fact, I would like to call upon the representatives of country rednecks on this forum, @bt50 and @malloy, to tell me whether they do make an exception in this case?

Are u being paid to lobby for the Large Supermarkets Interests on this forum these days? :hmm:

I mean this really is a pretty boring issue to discuss at such length.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cadete said:

Are u being paid to lobby for the Large Supermarkets Interests on this forum these days? :hmm:

I mean this really is a pretty boring issue to discuss at such length.

You're right, it is a pretty boring issue, but the amount of hypocrisy it generates from all sides is ridiculous, and I suppose that's the interesting bit or at least the bit that annoys me.

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

Its the same as any business or job to me, if there's no money in it then get out.
There are a few aspects to dairy farming that make it hard, largely cos it is a shit industry that no one wants to get into so the equipment they have is basically worth squat as soon as it leaves the factory, and then the usual thing with farmers and living on the land and how its a part of them etc.
Still to me it seems theyre better off cutting their losses and starting over, but that's easy to say with no emotional attachment.

Farmers are kinda like soldiers, ambos or firefighters in Australia, put up on some sort of pedestal as 'heroes' so that makes them somewhat untouchable when it comes to policy etc. The heroism of professions fucking shits me tbh, its just a job, just like everyone else.
I walk past the Ballarat CFA every day and theres always some sort of union banner crapping on about supporting our heroes. Fuck me, they get paid way too much to do not very much as it is. Couldn't tell you many times ive walked or drove past and the firies are having a kick of the footy in the yard for shits n gigs. 

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tesla said:

I say the government should be selective in their handouts.

In particular they should direct them towards the farmers supplying Bellamy's and A2 Milk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Its the same as any business or job to me, if there's no money in it then get out.
There are a few aspects to dairy farming that make it hard, largely cos it is a shit industry that no one wants to get into so the equipment they have is basically worth squat as soon as it leaves the factory, and then the usual thing with farmers and living on the land and how its a part of them etc.
Still to me it seems theyre better off cutting their losses and starting over, but that's easy to say with no emotional attachment.

Farmers are kinda like soldiers, ambos or firefighters in Australia, put up on some sort of pedestal as 'heroes' so that makes them somewhat untouchable when it comes to policy etc. The heroism of professions fucking shits me tbh, its just a job, just like everyone else.
I walk past the Ballarat CFA every day and theres always some sort of union banner crapping on about supporting our heroes. Fuck me, they get paid way too much to do not very much as it is. Couldn't tell you many times ive walked or drove past and the firies are having a kick of the footy in the yard for shits n gigs. 

Indeed.

TBH I did have a little sympathy for them this time as it seems they did get screwed by mismanagement at Murray Goldburn, but at the same time it's no different to how anyone could make a poor financial or business decision and at the end of the day they have to suffer the consequences otherwise you completely fuck the marnet/economy up if the government subsidises risk.

Besides, if they really were shafted as it seems there is potential for civil claims, I think some have in fact started by investors but maybe farmers also have some recourse. 

I love how these Marxist idiots don't understand that free market capitalism is by definition freedom. Freedom to create, spend, boycott or support. 

You can do whatever the fuck you want.

Also how ironic is it that when the idiots donated money to the wife beating druggo on the ABC they showed exactly why we don't need bigger government wealth redistribution. He received 60k in under a week, enough for deposit on a modest house in Geelong. Bravo, you showed what a group of empathic (morons) can achieve without government forcefully stealing from people who don't agree with you.

Congratulation to the ABC for promoting laissez faire virtue. 

• Like 5