Melbourne Football

Bruce Kamau

Murfy1

16 minutes ago, salmonfc said:

P.S: Could someone tell me a little bit about Marino and Garuccio? (There were some rumours about Melling as well, what's he like?)

Marino has shown he has the ability to find the back of the net, can play a good role as a back up striker when he's been played. Garruccio is a good worker, never question his effort but can lack quality in his final ball, with some of our other players visibly frustrated in his final delivery. 

Btw Goodwin is a Heart product who unfortunately encountered an inept JA who didn't want to sign him on. First game he played in the aleague he was MOM. Glad we helped developed him into the player he is. No thanks needed. 

8 minutes ago, Nate said:

We didn't see heaps of Marino but he's an out and out striker and scored a couple for us, nothing spectacular but he could develop nicely. Garuccio has played some great games and has also played some absolute shockers, but he's been played out of position at left back pretty much throughout the entirety of his spell with us. Has great potential but is still way too inconsistent, especially given he's almost 21.

And I dunno how long you've been a United fan but Melling used to be on your books. To sum him up in a few words, he's hard as fuck and loves the physical side of the game and naturally has a bit of a disciplinary problem. But I don't think he's going anywhere.

Cheers Nate.

Marino should be handy in case Amor needs a different kind of striker in a certain scenario or if Bruce becomes dormant again.

Even if Garuccio doesn't work out at left back, AU still need a left winger.

And lastly, I've only been able to watch Adelaide United for about two seasons now (got Foxtel in January 2015) and I started supporting them in 08/09 as much as a then-nine year old kid in an AFL loving family could :P. Never watched him play for us as a result. Think it'd be difficult for him to break into our midfield (even Mells is warming the bench), so if I had to choose between Melling and Kitto, I'd go with Kitto.

6 hours ago, salmonfc said:

AU supporter here, just thought I'd give my two cents.

i genuinely don't understand why this deal happened. City don't NEED any more forwards, their main problems are their defensive frailties and their shit manager. Bruce has just given up a starting spot in the best team in the A-League, being managed by one of the greatest footballers to ever play for Barcelona and Champions League football for a spot on the bench and being developed by a fraud (no offence).

Add Goodwin's recent departure and some questionable rumours linking McGowan to Sydney FC (similar situation, except its defenders that Sydney don't actually need) to that and this makes for a very difficult 2016/17 as the squad will have to adjust. Hopefully the Marino/Garuccio/Kitto rumours are true, as that will mean AU have a replacement for Marrone in Garuccio (apparently he's a LB/LW just like Goodwin, which is ideal), a replacement for Dugandzic in Kitto and backup for Bruce Sr./replacement for Babalj in Marino and that's part of the rebuilding process done.

Back to Kamau, hopefully he proves to be a very good player for your lot, it's the least AU can do after they got Mauk.

P.S: Could someone tell me a little bit about Marino and Garuccio? (There were some rumours about Melling as well, what's he like?).

Don't worry I see kamau starting for us, he's good enough to be in the starting 11

7 hours ago, salmonfc said:

i genuinely don't understand why this deal happened. City don't NEED any more forwards, their main problems are their defensive frailties and their shit manager. Bruce has just given up a starting spot in the best team in the A-League, being managed by one of the greatest footballers to ever play for Barcelona and Champions League football for a spot on the bench and being developed by a fraud (no offence).

Add Goodwin's recent departure and some questionable rumours linking McGowan to Sydney FC (similar situation, except its defenders that Sydney don't actually need) to that and this makes for a very difficult 2016/17 as the squad will have to adjust. Hopefully the Marino/Garuccio/Kitto rumours are true, as that will mean AU have a replacement for Marrone in Garuccio (apparently he's a LB/LW just like Goodwin, which is ideal), a replacement for Dugandzic in Kitto and backup for Bruce Sr./replacement for Babalj in Marino and that's part of the rebuilding process done.

Back to Kamau, hopefully he proves to be a very good player for your lot, it's the least AU can do after they got Mauk.

P.S: Could someone tell me a little bit about Marino and Garuccio? (There were some rumours about Melling as well, what's he like?).

Have you considered that perhaps Melbourne is a nicer place to live for a 21 year old with expendable income than Adelaide?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Have you considered that perhaps Melbourne is a nicer place to live for a 21 year old with expendable income than Adelaide?

Or maybe Bruce is probably trying to move away from the girl that's always in a bra at Adelaide games. Surely, she puts him off his game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, salmonfc said:

@salmonfc everyone apart from the fraud sees the same deficiencies in our squad. I think that you are being kind to him, he isn't a fraud he's just ordinary

With the possible departure of Novillo, Garuccio, Gameiro recovering from an ACL (and being more of a striker anyway) and Fitzy being decent but not quite good enough to be guaranteed a starting spot, I'd say we definitely needed another forward.

The only way Kamau will be kept out of the starting line-up on the first day of next season if we've got a VISA on both wings or he's injured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Embee said:

With the possible departure of Novillo, Garuccio, Gameiro recovering from an ACL (and being more of a striker anyway) and Fitzy being decent but not quite good enough to be guaranteed a starting spot, I'd say we definitely needed another forward.

The only way Kamau will be kept out of the starting line-up on the first day of next season if we've got a VISA on both wings or he's injured.

Did you watch him play this season? Fitzy is a gun should be 3rd name on the team sheet after Melling and Bruno.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Did you watch him play this season? Fitzy is a gun should be 3rd name on the team sheet after Melling and Bruno.

Fitzies decent, but he'd have do more over and extended period before I'd lock him in as a guaranteed starter in this league, we should be looking for an upgrade there if possible, which I think Kamau is.

Listing your life partner in the first 3 names on the team sheet is also laughable.

"I want to formally confirm that in consultation with my management and my family, we have, albeit being a very difficult one, come to the conclusion that it will be important for my career progression to move to the City Football Group, that incorporates Manchester City and Melbourne City, among other clubs. 
Having lived in Adelaide since migrating to Australia with my parents in 1999, I can tell you that this has not been an easy decision. I want to take the opportunity to firstly thank all the fans and supporters of Adelaide United. You are the reason I play football, to entertain you. Without you there would be no joy in the game. You have been amazing to me, your support has been incredible and I sincerely thank you.
Secondly I want to thank the coaching staff and volunteers of Adelaide United. You all have made my career what it is today. Specifically may I mention Michael Valkanis, you saw the potential in me and gave me the opportunity to be part of the Youth Team. Without you Michael I wouldn’t be who I am today. To Josep Gombau and Guillermo Amor, you have been great mentors for me. I have learnt so much from both of you. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to grow and become a better footballer. 
To my teammates, you have been the most inspiring and motivating individuals. Your impact will live with me forever. You exemplify what a team truly is, together we each achieved more. We had an incredible season. I will be forever indebted to each of you for the role you have played in moulding me to who I have become today. I take the opportunity to wish you all the very best in your future endeavours.
I have experienced a terrific time during my short stay at Adelaide United; the memories will be forever with me. I am exceptionally proud to have been a member of the team that won the inaugural FFA Cup (2014), A-League Premiership 2015/16 and the ultimate - 2016 A League Champions, has been the best thing to happen in my career so far.
It has been said that for us to grow it is important to challenge ourselves, to get out of our comfort zone, for it is in the realm of the unknown that we become more, we become creative, we grow. I believe that the decision we have made will take me to the next level of my football career. It is the decisions we make today that shape our destiny.

Thanks to you all"

• Like 1

Definitely what we needed, a right winger with pace to burn who will unsettle defenders. Means we can use our 2 foreign spots to strengthen the centre of midfield and defence. 

Fitzgerald becomes more of a utility who can slot in on either wing when needed or in the middle and Gamiero gives us a genuine goal threat off the bench that we've never really had.

• Like 2

Word is Bruce's father (who is either very close to his agent or is his agent) was much more keen on making this deal than Bruce himself (don't quote me on that, I can't even remember where I heard it).

Regardless, he's yours now. Enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, salmonfc said:

Word is Bruce's father (who is either very close to his agent or is his agent) was much more keen on making this deal than Bruce himself (don't quote me on that, I can't even remember where I heard it).

Regardless, he's yours now. Enjoy.

Sounds a bit fishy to me...

• Like 6

• 5 months later...
On 05/05/2016 at 3:21 PM, japiedog said:

You've listed a few others that i inadvertently left of my short list

25 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

This bloke is overrated...
There is this false perception that he is lighting fast.. he is one paced and gets bodied out of the contest too easily

Yeah he's just played two beautiful balls (one of them the goal assist) totally overrated....

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

This bloke is overrated...
There is this false perception that he is lighting fast.. he is one paced and gets bodied out of the contest too easily

fuck me dead. I guess we'll just ignore that Perfect goal assist because his body dueling isnt quite perfect 

• Like 1