Melbourne Football

Bruce Kamau

Murfy1

1 minute ago, rass said:

Sounds like a good signing,  but it makes me wonder if the club believes Gameiro will never get to the level they thought he would because of his bad knee.

Or could also be Novillo going out, and our front three being gameiro, bruno and kamau

7 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Or could also be Novillo going out, and our front three being gameiro, bruno and kamau

Yep, definitely a possibility.

My thoughts are based on Kamau being a RW where Novillo played more on the left (though they can swap of course ), but more so because sadly, the second knee reco makes Gameiro a real risk now. I hope he comes good, because i really rate him and no one deserves that rotten luck. 

Edited by rass

1 hour ago, wombegongal said:

Yoof?

He is actually older than Melling, Gooch and Marino.

6 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Gameiro is more of a striker, I've got doubts on how effective he is on the wing. Kamau looks a promising player though, a definite upgrade on Fitzy.

• Like 2

I reckon Gameiro will largely play off the bench next season, as the club (rightly) wraps him in cotton wool to ensure he doesn't get injured again. I see Gameiro being subbed on around the 60th minute for Kamau or maybe even Novillo, whoever's not performing the best on the day.

With Gameiro the club can have a real weapon to bring off the bench and score goals. I reckon that's why the club was ready to let both Dekker and Marino go, because Gameiro will be the go-to striker/attacker the team has on the bench next season. Indeed, the team could have Gameiro and Fitzgerald on the bench next season, so 2 or more decent attacking players who could make an impact off the bench. That attacking depth would be unprecedented in the club's history.

• Like 4

Just now, raw10 said:

or Novillo stays and Kamau adds depth to our squad

If we have managed to tempt him away from the reigning champions, where he is an important first team player, we must be paying him a decent amount. We can't afford to be paying overs for depth players.

He is first choice at the reigning champs, why would he move to a worse team to sit on the bench?

6 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

If we have managed to tempt him away from the reigning champions, where he is an important first team player, we must be paying him a decent amount. We can't afford to be paying overs for depth players.

He is first choice at the reigning champs, why would he move to a worse team to sit on the bench?

Because CFG can promise him better training facilities and a career pathway. Of course he could be coming because he rates JVS so highly:D

3 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

If we have managed to tempt him away from the reigning champions, where he is an important first team player, we must be paying him a decent amount. We can't afford to be paying overs for depth players.  .. Yes we can!

He is first choice at the reigning champs, why would he move to a worse team to sit on the bench? If you say so..... 

Who knows what his contract says but one thing for sure, Novillo will now have to get his shit together otherwise Kamau will start ahead of him that's all I am saying..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raw10 said:

Who knows what his contract says but one thing for sure, Novillo will now have to get his shit together otherwise Kamau will start ahead of him that's all I am saying..

Kid kicks three goals in 18 games and you're starting him in front of a bloke who nailed 10 goals across 20 games including game winning goals. Don't get sucked into the hype just because he played on a championship winning side so did duganzic are we taking him back with a warm embrace!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, drewmelbcity said:

Kid kicks three goals in 18 games and you're starting him in front of a bloke who nailed 10 goals across 20 games including game winning goals. Don't get sucked into the hype just because he played on a championship winning side so did duganzic are we taking him back with a warm embrace!

This ^

Also there is only one black man my heart will forever long for. The eternal girth of Novillo 

10 hours ago, drewmelbcity said:

Furthermore another forward? Are we serious? How about some quality defenders, midfield depth we had no issue scoring last season but we did have issues with winning back and retaining the ball for large parts of the game.

We need more defenders & midfielders sure - but we still need more forwards, especially wingers.

Happy with this signing.

10 hours ago, drewmelbcity said:

Furthermore another forward? Are we serious? How about some quality defenders, midfield depth we had no issue scoring last season but we did have issues with winning back and retaining the ball for large parts of the game.

Yes, another forward. To add to the other four currently on the books for next season: Kuzmanowski, Gameiro, Fornaroli and Novillo.

Signings don't necessarily happen in the order that you think they should.

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

If there is one guy I'd like to slap across the face it's this guy. His diving skills are so over the top it's laughable. Guess I have to put up with it next season. Good signing nonetheless.

Matt Simon is a player I'd love to slap, I don't care who he plays for he's just an unlikable prick ( put Seb Ryall in there as well)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Matt Simon is a player I'd love to slap, I don't care who he plays for he's just an unlikable prick ( put Seb Ryall in there as well)

Berisha for me... but he might slap me first before I get to him .. lol

18 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Seb Ryall, definitely. Some others are Berisha, Georgievski, Muscunt, Graham Anrnold, and Jamieson from WSW....

AU supporter here, just thought I'd give my two cents.

i genuinely don't understand why this deal happened. City don't NEED any more forwards, their main problems are their defensive frailties and their shit manager. Bruce has just given up a starting spot in the best team in the A-League, being managed by one of the greatest footballers to ever play for Barcelona and Champions League football for a spot on the bench and being developed by a fraud (no offence).

Add Goodwin's recent departure and some questionable rumours linking McGowan to Sydney FC (similar situation, except its defenders that Sydney don't actually need) to that and this makes for a very difficult 2016/17 as the squad will have to adjust. Hopefully the Marino/Garuccio/Kitto rumours are true, as that will mean AU have a replacement for Marrone in Garuccio (apparently he's a LB/LW just like Goodwin, which is ideal), a replacement for Dugandzic in Kitto and backup for Bruce Sr./replacement for Babalj in Marino and that's part of the rebuilding process done.

Back to Kamau, hopefully he proves to be a very good player for your lot, it's the least AU can do after they got Mauk.

P.S: Could someone tell me a little bit about Marino and Garuccio? (There were some rumours about Melling as well, what's he like?).

3 minutes ago, salmonfc said:

P.S: Could someone tell me a little bit about Marino and Garuccio? (There were some rumours about Melling as well, what's he like?).

We didn't see heaps of Marino but he's an out and out striker and scored a couple for us, nothing spectacular but he could develop nicely. Garuccio has played some great games and has also played some absolute shockers, but he's been played out of position at left back pretty much throughout the entirety of his spell with us. Has great potential but is still way too inconsistent, especially given he's almost 21.

And I dunno how long you've been a United fan but Melling used to be on your books. To sum him up in a few words, he's hard as fuck and loves the physical side of the game and naturally has a bit of a disciplinary problem. But I don't think he's going anywhere.