Melbourne Football

Semi final vs Adelaide United. Fri 22nd, 7:35pm (local time)

kingawesomeness

1 hour ago, johnno cpfc said:

Oh come on!! it's not that far for goodness sake.

I think he's more referring to either the fact that its a pain in the arse to get up there and and even worse to get out of with a good size crowd and the fact its in the West of Sydney which isnt flash.

The positive though is all the bars and pubs around ANZ stadium.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cadete said:

ANZ is a shithole, likewise West Sydney when compared to Sydney City/East Sydney... TBH could be a deciding factor in me going with the game also being on a Sunday.

Why the FUCK do they have it on a sunday? This is so Sydney driven its a joke. Make it a Saturday night and get some travelling fans get there and not have to take the next day off. Will be at the Imp if we make it though and will probably pull a sickie for the monday anyways :tooth:

1 hour ago, HeartOfCity said:

This is so Sydney driven its a joke.

You mean to say that the team from sydney who are given a home ground advantage for finishing the season above us are being given... an advantage?

Maybe we should change our name to Melbourne Chippy FC because of the chip on our shoulder. Perhaps you should be getting upset at the team for not turning up for important games instead of sooking about how the ffa are out to get us

2 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Why the FUCK do they have it on a sunday? This is so Sydney driven its a joke. Make it a Saturday night and get some travelling fans get there and not have to take the next day off. Will be at the Imp if we make it though and will probably pull a sickie for the monday anyways :tooth:

Monday is April 25, Anzac Day and AFAIK a public holiday throughout the nation. Obviously if you work in an industry that does not shut down then you would have to pull a sickie. I don't know how many travelling fans would fall under this category.

59 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

You mean to say that the team from sydney who are given a home ground advantage for finishing the season above us are being given... an advantage?

Maybe we should change our name to Melbourne Chippy FC because of the chip on our shoulder. Perhaps you should be getting upset at the team for not turning up for important games instead of sooking about how the ffa are out to get us

Talking about the SUNDAY GF so dont have any issue it being played in Sydney

25 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Monday is April 25, Anzac Day and AFAIK a public holiday throughout the nation. Obviously if you work in an industry that does not shut down then you would have to pull a sickie. I don't know how many travelling fans would fall under this category.

Sorry i obviously blurted my thoughts onto the page but was talking about the GF being played on a sunday afternoon like the rugby is, except in the rugby they have the monday off.

22 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Talking about the SUNDAY GF so dont have any issue it being played in Sydney

I know what you are talking about. You are saying they should play it on a Saturday (if there was no PH on Monday) to make it easier for travelling fans. What i am saying is that  if its on a sunday (for what ever reason) concessions shouldnt be made to make life easier for us. 

Its Sydney driven because the team from Sydney earned the right for it to be Sydney driven. If we played better it would be Melbourne driven and people from Sydney or wherever would be moaning about how hard they have it.

38 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I know what you are talking about. You are saying they should play it on a Saturday (if there was no PH on Monday) to make it easier for travelling fans. What i am saying is that  if its on a sunday (for what ever reason) concessions shouldnt be made to make life easier for us. 

Its Sydney driven because the team from Sydney earned the right for it to be Sydney driven. If we played better it would be Melbourne driven and people from Sydney or wherever would be moaning about how hard they have it.

He does have a point the GF is played on a Sunday. Unless two teams from the same city are playing (MV/MC or WSW/SFC) then the travelling fans are at a disadvantage or even if you were a neutral and wanted to go to the GF. Assume a Roar vs City GF being played on a Sunday at Suncorp - this would mean that City fans will need the monday off. Better to have the GF on a Saturday instead.

3 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

He does have a point the GF is played on a Sunday. Unless two teams from the same city are playing (MV/MC or WSW/SFC) then the travelling fans are at a disadvantage or even if you were a neutral and wanted to go to the GF. Assume a Roar vs City GF being played on a Sunday at Suncorp - this would mean that City fans will need the monday off. Better to have the GF on a Saturday instead.

Exactly. The travelling fans are at a disadvantage  which in turn disadvantages the away team- as it should. The highest ranked team is given advantages. Its the reward for being the higher placed team. Thats why instead of sooking and saying things aren't fair, we should be should be upset the team didnt seem to fight for if not 1st place, a higher place than 4th

10 minutes ago, playmaker said:

What's that got to do with the FFA rostering the match on a day that is convenient for all fans. Even if we had the grand final here, Saturday would be the preferred day anyway. Just a bad FFA decision as usual.

The complaint was that it was a sydney driven decision. I dont know why they chose sun. Maybe the stadium was booked, maybe the tv ratings are higher on a sunday, *the public holiday on monday in thus case. Whatever the reason, its the perks of being the higher placed side.

But back on topic. Lets get through friday night before we worry about who  when and where we play in the grand final

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KSK_47 said:

The complaint was that it was a sydney driven decision. I dont know why they chose sun. Maybe the stadium was booked, maybe the tv ratings are higher on a sunday. Whatever the reason, its the perks of being the higher placed side.

But back on topic. Lets get through friday night before we worry about who  when and where we play in the grand final

Metrics

11 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Exactly. The travelling fans are at a disadvantage  which in turn disadvantages the away team- as it should. The highest ranked team is given advantages. Its the reward for being the higher placed team. Thats why instead of sooking and saying things aren't fair, we should be should be upset the team didnt seem to fight for if not 1st place, a higher place than 4th

This is not actually true in all cases, is it? For example, we were pretty firmly told that if we had a home final against Victory we would have to play it at Etihad, which even if it is not their only home ground is certainly not ours.

Overall IMO playmaker's point is a good one. FFA should be encouraging - and seen to be encouraging - getting more fans to matches.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This is not actually true in all cases, is it? For example, we were pretty firmly told that if we had a home final against Victory we would have to play it at Etihad, which even if it is not their only home ground is certainly not ours.

Overall IMO playmaker's point is a good one. FFA should be encouraging - and seen to be encouraging - getting more fans to matches.

The reason it wpukd be at etihad is to do with crowd capacity so its a valid one.

I dont think it is a good point personally. If you are the lowest ranked team remaining then it should be tough tits if things are not as easy for you. But i think the whole final series is pretty farcical anyway so lets move on

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

The reason it wpukd be at etihad is to do with crowd capacity so its a valid one.

I dont think it is a good point personally. If you are the lowest ranked team remaining then it should be tough tits if things are not as easy for you. But i think the whole final series is pretty farcical anyway so lets move on

Couldn't agree more, and may I suggest to all that if we want threads like this - such as scheduling of matches, screen replays and goal-line technology, etc. etc. -  they are better in "Australian Football" than in specific threads for Melbourne City.

• Like 1

Melburnians in conjunction with Melbourne City Travelling fans will be running the following this Friday;

IN ADELAIDE
For those who have made the trip we will be meeting at the Gov in Hindmarsh (59 Port Rd, Hindmarsh SA 5007) food and drinks will be plentiful from 2pm onwards. March to the ground will be departing at 6:10pm and we would invite all travelling fans to join us.

IN MELBOURNE
For those unlucky enough not to travel we will be at our regular spot the Imperial. Food and Drink specials as always for MCFC members. Melburnians stickers and t-shirts will be available.
Come down nice and early as a big turn out is expected.

Pregame details for tomorrow.

In regard to seating S1 was sold as an active bay and will therefore be the active bay. This means no assigned sitting, throwing beer, standing and all that jazz.

26 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

In regard to seating S1 was sold as an active bay and will therefore be the active bay. This means no assigned sitting, 

According to who. Source please.

According to ticketek the seating is assigned. So unless the above statement is official by the FFA, Coopers stadium, or ticketek, then the seating is reserved for the ticket holder.

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

According to who. Source please.

According to ticketek the seating is assigned. So unless the above statement is official by the FFA, Coopers stadium, or ticketek, then the seating is reserved for the ticket holder.

The seating is assigned in our active bay at AAMI park too doesn't mean that shit will fly there either. This is according to those at the club I've been discussing logistics with. Feel free to sit in your assigned seat but people have been warned. FWIW my "assigned seat" is at the front of s1 anyway so idgaf but this nonsense happens every away derby too.

3 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The seating is assigned in our active bay at AAMI park too doesn't mean that shit will fly there either. This is according to those at the club I've been discussing logistics with. Feel free to sit in your assigned seat but people have been warned. FWIW my "assigned seat" is at the front of s1 anyway so idgaf but this nonsense happens every away derby too.

Those 'this is my seat' cunts in active are one of the most frustrating things you can encounter at a football match.
Probably worthwhile just moving to the seat in front of them and picking up a flag to wave tbh.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Those 'this is my seat' cunts in active are one of the most frustrating things you can encounter at a football match.
Probably worthwhile just moving to the seat in front of them and picking up a flag to wave tbh.

The clown above is just having a whinge because @hedaik and I were "mean" to him once, but I agree its incredibly frustrating. I apologise for trying to create some atmosphere and fun for everyone else /s

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Those 'I can do what the fk I want' cunts are one of the most frustrating things you can encounter at a football match.

Was just asking a valid question. 

Edited by playmaker

12 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Specials.