Melbourne Football

Round 27: Melbourne vs Adelaide

Victards

The typical old chestnuts come back on show when we play the decent teams who are up for a battle:

-No closing down in the front third. Novillo and Mooy stroll around so they play it out too easily. 

-Full backs do nothing going forward because they're overwhelmed. Franjic is a pretender, has gone backwards as he's become match fit instead of better. 

-Give away shit goals

-Novillo and Bruno hold on to it too long as they don;t know when they're getting it again. 

-Just a shit amount of effort.

Teams have worked us out. Both Perth and Adelaide have overloaded the centre in the front third and we don;t know what to do. 

Second goal was mindless by Sorensen but we could have played for a week without scoring. 

Will give Kisssie, Wilko and Malik a pass but everyone else was rubbish tonight.  

Absolute bullshit performance from a bunch of gutless sooks. Two matches to go and a plate on the line and they bottle it completely. 

Sorenson cleaning up Mauk was unbelievably stupid. Backline actually wasn't beaten in open play.

Melling brought nothing, Mooy was nowhere, Fitzy tries hard but makes dumb decisions and his end product was sub-par, Novillo is a flat track bully as said above and Bruno was an island.

They better fucking fire up for the finals. 

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

Absolute bullshit performance from a bunch of gutless sooks. Two matches to go and a plate on the line and they bottle it completely. 

Sorenson cleaning up Mauk was unbelievably stupid. Backline actually wasn't beaten in open play.

Melling brought nothing, Mooy was nowhere, Fitzy tries hard but makes dumb decisions and his end product was sub-par, Novillo is a flat track bully as said above and Bruno was an island.

I can't be bothered with the finals

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, strider said:

Mooy is so fucking shit. Bald motherfucker is on cruise control. You can tell he has signed a new contract and is now half assing it for City. Get fucked and take your ugly mutt kid with you, you fucking alien looking motherfucker

Oi cunt,  now I don't actually mind your stupid posts, but leave peoples kids out of it.

• Like 3

Mooy keeps basking in his own glory and couldn't give two shits about the team he plays for. For all his talent he never plays for any other team than Mooy FC. 

We were totally out coached and our triumvirate of super duper stars were total duds!

The quicker we lose in the Finals and that sun tanned pretender gets his next coaching role at Lichtenstein second division the better.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I thought i was the only one to think this. Mooy has also been shit since socceroos. Excellent way to loose infront of possibly the best non derby crowd this season. FFS...............:angry: 

Sack the coach, get rid of the clowns that are just making up numbers. I dont care if we're not as good a team just show effort. 

20 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Doesn't 3rd play 5th? Ie wsw

4th v 5th. If Perth win, we go there. If they draw or lose they come to us. 

After the last couple of weeks it would almost be a relief if Perth beat Sydney so we don;t have to go and watch that kind of shit in our own backyard again. 

I was wondering which City was going to turn up but unfortunately I had a pretty good idea. I met Japiedog outside the stadium and predicted 0-3 and just under 10,000 attendance. I was wrong on the attendance.

Positives:

I enjoyed reading Chameleon, chapeau to all involved. Plenty of time to read it as it was clear that the game was over after the 3rd minute.

Most of the population of Adelaide turned up and sat in the away bay.

I enjoyed my bbratwurst with cheese, onions and mustard, at least for the first minute or two until I lost my appetite

Likely to JVS' last appearance at AAMI except in effigy.

Negatives:

We were beaten by a better team right across the park in every position. Only one team wanted to win badly and it did.

Our team selection was poor, why start Chapman instead of Clisby? Our bench players made no impact. Why was Bruno left continually isolated with 3 or 4 defenders on him?

We had absolutely no luck all night but at the same time didn't create much either. If the team fought as hard on the pitch as they did in the tunnel then they may have been in the game.

Typical Strebre performance, performed as well as City

Half the Adelaide fans will refuse to get ion the return bus and stay here as economic refugees.

I don't think it matters who we play next week, but not even sure I'll waste my time watching it, our season is done. #jvsout

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

Pretty angry walking out of the ground. 

Then remembered my 2 mates in hospital who are both seriously ill. No doubt both would love to go to AAMI & watch a plastic club play like shit, but they can't.

So whatever. Still pissed off but not going to let it ruin my weekend.

• Like 4

What a bunch of complete fuckwits.

I've seen some pretty pathetic shit in my time but tonight really rates.

The only thing I enjoyed tonight was that dude at half time hitting the crossbar. The way he sprinted to the half way put all those so called pros to same.

Absolute fucking nightmare. I don't know where to start.

I guess bed is only answer.  

• Like 4

Melbourne City for a majority of the season, Melbourne HEART when the time really matters.

What a complete fucking waste of time and money... you would think the players out there tonight where playing for nothing. Every single player out there tonight was abysmal, 4/10 at best. One particular player who was making my blood boil tonight was Novillo. Fucking brilliant player on his day and love him to bits, but his attitude is a fucking cancer to our team. The selfishness is unbelievable and the lack of effort, in particular when Bruno was running down the wing in the first half to whip in a cross but he couldn't as Harry was fucking jogging and waiting outside the box, and this happened countless times tonight. 

Just a fucking shambles really, best squad we've ever had, broken all these records, and we have FUCK ALL to show for it. 11.4K was the only positive but we served up the most agonising performance this season, fucking typical. Shame we wont see another figure like that for a while.

#JVSOut

• Like 6

Well tonight made a few things clearer:

-Mooy has to be leaving because he didn't give a fuck tonight

-Chapman is no left back

-Malik is ridiculously over rated

-Fitzgerald is a confidence player and it looks like he is in a low phase

-Caceres looked solid further up the pitch I believe he has been played out of position all season due to Mooys presence

-Franjic cares and was the only bloke who put a shift in tonight (honourable mentions to Melling and Patty K)

-I've been a Novillo supporter but he needs to be moved on. For all his talent something isn't right with the guy and he isn't the answer going forward.

-Clisby is shit and looked like a headless chicken when he came on he is nothing more than a bit part stop saying he is better than Zullo

-JVS is cunt

• Like 1

Probably the worst performance in the clubs history (Melbourne Heart included). What a disgusting display we were never in it. Adelaide were first to every ball and made every decision go their way. No one took it to them. Most frustrating game I've seen from us. Now to take on Perth in Perth lets hope we pull our fingers out of our asses and give it a fkn crack because the last two weeks have been woeful.