Melbourne Football

David Squires Appreciation Thread

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

I always find it curious that with all our turmoil and bullshit that happens at this club we don't get more of a representation in Squires cartoons. Not that I want to invite ridicule but do we lack that much character as a club that there's nothing to mention? I'd have thought we'd be a gold mine for him. 

I dont think theres too much visible problems, mainly underperforming/choking. But all HAL teams do that, we have never really been out of the top 6 for an extended amount of time since the takeover (maybe 1st season?). Whereas this season there has been many more easier issues in the league the DS to focus on.

Once we start underperforming badly (6th or less), then the jokes will come

• Like 1

I just reckon we are uninspiring to draw. When you can so easily portrays Arnolds sour face, or Simons angry face, or Gombaus huge head, or Gallops incompetence, we lack many interesting characters. Joyce would hardly be recognised by anyone, Bruno has done little to feature, and the rest of our players and club are generally quietly going about our business. Cahill was the exception.

1 hour ago, rayv36 said:

Id say its the fact that most opposition fans are simply apathetic towards us is the reason we don't get many mentions.

I definitely do not think thats a fact. My perception is that most oppo fans hate us cos oil money brah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...