Melbourne Football

EPL Broadcast coverage

raw10

3 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

it's fucking shit, who wants to stream matches when you could just watch it on a big tv in HD

There is no reason you can't do that.

2 hours ago, Jestr said:

My dsl is so hopeless with 360p YouTube videos pausing to buffer every few seconds, I'm screwed with streaming.

had to give up redtube hi def material long ago

But you have foxtel currently? Cable or satellite? If you have cable foxtel then you can get HFC internet. If not, pretty sure Optus said something about using their satellite network to deliver the EPL streaming for people with shit internet, but we'll see about that.

Hopefully beIN sports picked up some but highly unlikely as EPL broadcast rights are sold separately. Much prefer beIN Sports to be honest. Mind you, my office chair is more comfortable than my couch so wouldn't mind streaming on my PC. in a way I am happy foxtel lost it as their coverage is shit. No dedicated football channel to begin with. and they much rather show repeats of aussie rules on gayFL's dedicated channel during the off season than repeats of EPL. If you are lucky, they will repeat it at 10 am on a weekday when you are suppose to be at work.. 

Edited by raw10

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

There is no reason you can't do that.

But you have foxtel currently? Cable or satellite? If you have cable foxtel then you can get HFC internet. If not, pretty sure Optus said something about using their satellite network to deliver the EPL streaming for people with shit internet, but we'll see about that.

Satellite. Greenvale has the worst service option for Internet. 

I get DSL through Telstra exchange and since I'm over 2.5km from it, my speed is max 130 kilobytes per second. On average it takes 10sec to DL 1 meg. 

Horendous :(

16 minutes ago, Jestr said:

Satellite. Greenvale has the worst service option for Internet. 

I get DSL through Telstra exchange and since I'm over 2.5km from it, my speed is max 130 kilobytes per second. On average it takes 10sec to DL 1 meg. 

Horendous :(

Thats horrid, but on the plus side your area should be getting NBN soon if it's that bad.

Edited by Tesla

Very glad to see Foxtel lose the EPL. 

I've never bought it (mostly) on principle. I hate that they force you to but normal Foxtel which isn't great, then pay more for sports (EPL) which is thing you actually want to watch in the first place.

https://www.beinsports.com/au/football/news/bein-sports-to-launch-three-new-hd-channels/227719

FOR THE FIRST TIME YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH THE BEST FOOTBALL ON OFFER IN EUROPE AND SOUTH AMERICA LIVE AND IN HIGH DEFINITION, WITH BEIN SPORTS TO LAUNCH THREE NEW HD CHANNELS ON 15 MAY, AS WELL AS SHOW ALL 51 MATCHES OF THE 2016 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Foxtel and beIN Media Group today announced an exciting new partnership that will see the launch of three beIN SPORTS High Definition channels available to Foxtel sports subscribers at no additional cost to the sport pack*.

Foxtel will launch three HD beIN SPORTS channels (beIN SPORTS 1, 2 and 3) on Sunday 15 May, ahead of the UEFA Europa League Final on Thursday 19 May and the UEFA Champions League Final on Sunday 29 May, which will both be shown LIVE.
The new channels will replace the existing beIN SPORTS channel on Foxtel, which has been available as a premium SD buy-through channel since beIN acquired Setanta Sports Australia in 2014. Current beIN SPORTS subscribers who have the Foxtel Sports Pack will receive the three new channels at no additional cost to their Foxtel Sports Pack subscription.

In addition, beIN SPORTS will broadcast all 51 games of the UEFA EURO 2016 tournament LIVE and in HD from Saturday, 11 June.

Foxtel subscribers will receive unprecedented coverage on beIN SPORTS of the best European Football including the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga.

South American football, including the CONMEBOL 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, Brazilian Serie A and Sao Paulo Championship, are also featured.

beIN SPORTS is also home of European Rugby Union with the European Rugby Champions Cup and the Six Nations tournament LIVE and in HD, as well as selected games from The Wallabies and All Black Spring Tour in November, featuring games against Wales, Scotland and Ireland LIVE and in HD.

The new sports channels^ will also be available to stream via Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play, giving sports subscribers the flexibility to enjoy the service anytime, anywhere.

“The addition of these new dedicated sports channels from our partners at beIN SPORTS is a huge win for sports fans who subscribe to Foxtel, greatly increasing the value of a subscription," Foxtel Chief Executive, Richard Freudenstein, said. "The channels will be compulsory viewing for fans of international football and rugby and complement the already great line-up of sports channels on Foxtel. There is no doubt Foxtel is the home of LIVE sport in Australia.”

Yousef Al-Obaidly, Deputy CEO of beIN Media Group, said, “The new Australian beIN SPORTS channels are a key component of our Asia-Pacific presence and we are pleased to extend our relationship with Foxtel to bring these high quality channels in HD to the market-leading Foxtel platform.”

UPCOMING HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:

2016 UEFA Europa League Final, 19 May, LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS
2016 UEFA Champions League Final, 29 May, LIVE on beIN SPORTS
UEFA Euro 2016, 11 June to 11 July, The only place to see all 51 games LIVE is on beIN SPORTS
Serie A, Every game LIVE on beIN SPORTS
La Liga, Every game LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS
Bundesliga, Every game LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS
Ligue 1, 6 games per round LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS
Wallabies Spring Tour, November, LIVE and ad-free during play on beIN SPORTS

Foxtel is the indisputable home of Australian sports with 12 dedicated sports channels offering live and exclusive sports coverage and in HD across FOX SPORTS 1-5, FOX FOOTY, ESPN 1,2, Eurosport and beIN SPORTS 1,2,3.

In 2016, Foxtel brings subscribers, for the first time ever, every game, every team, every week from the NRL, AFL, Super Rugby, A-League, NBL as well as every race, practice and qualifying session of Formula 1 and V8s, plus the best sporting news and commentary from the biggest names in the business all on FOX SPORTS.

*HD channels only available to customers with the Sports and HD channel packs.
^SD channels only.

We might have lost the EPL, but we've got access to a shit load of good football for free in return...

Edited by bt50

3 hours ago, Tesla said:

Is it? Optus + bein is still cheaper than foxsports.

So you can have all the same soccer, plus EPL, for less.

Wait and see but I think there might be a clause in the contract where bein won't be allowed on fetch in return for substantial revenue growth. 

1 hour ago, agoalie said:

Wait and see but I think there might be a clause in the contract where bein won't be allowed on fetch in return for substantial revenue growth. 

Looks like you're correct, it seems Fetch TV has already disappeared from the bein sports site. Checked cached copy, it was there a couple days ago.

But standalone bein through the bein website/apps should still be available so my comment stands.

On 30 March 2016 at 10:59 AM, bt50 said:

https://www.beinsports.com/au/football/news/bein-sports-to-launch-three-new-hd-channels/227719

FOR THE FIRST TIME YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH THE BEST FOOTBALL ON OFFER IN EUROPE AND SOUTH AMERICA LIVE AND IN HIGH DEFINITION, WITH BEIN SPORTS TO LAUNCH THREE NEW HD CHANNELS ON 15 MAY, AS WELL AS SHOW ALL 51 MATCHES OF THE 2016 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Foxtel and beIN Media Group today announced an exciting new partnership that will see the launch of three beIN SPORTS High Definition channels available to Foxtel sports subscribers at no additional cost to the sport pack*.

Foxtel will launch three HD beIN SPORTS channels (beIN SPORTS 1, 2 and 3) on Sunday 15 May, ahead of the UEFA Europa League Final on Thursday 19 May and the UEFA Champions League Final on Sunday 29 May, which will both be shown LIVE.
The new channels will replace the existing beIN SPORTS channel on Foxtel, which has been available as a premium SD buy-through channel since beIN acquired Setanta Sports Australia in 2014. Current beIN SPORTS subscribers who have the Foxtel Sports Pack will receive the three new channels at no additional cost to their Foxtel Sports Pack subscription.

In addition, beIN SPORTS will broadcast all 51 games of the UEFA EURO 2016 tournament LIVE and in HD from Saturday, 11 June.

Foxtel subscribers will receive unprecedented coverage on beIN SPORTS of the best European Football including the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga.

South American football, including the CONMEBOL 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, Brazilian Serie A and Sao Paulo Championship, are also featured.

beIN SPORTS is also home of European Rugby Union with the European Rugby Champions Cup and the Six Nations tournament LIVE and in HD, as well as selected games from The Wallabies and All Black Spring Tour in November, featuring games against Wales, Scotland and Ireland LIVE and in HD.

The new sports channels^ will also be available to stream via Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play, giving sports subscribers the flexibility to enjoy the service anytime, anywhere.

“The addition of these new dedicated sports channels from our partners at beIN SPORTS is a huge win for sports fans who subscribe to Foxtel, greatly increasing the value of a subscription," Foxtel Chief Executive, Richard Freudenstein, said. "The channels will be compulsory viewing for fans of international football and rugby and complement the already great line-up of sports channels on Foxtel. There is no doubt Foxtel is the home of LIVE sport in Australia.”

Yousef Al-Obaidly, Deputy CEO of beIN Media Group, said, “The new Australian beIN SPORTS channels are a key component of our Asia-Pacific presence and we are pleased to extend our relationship with Foxtel to bring these high quality channels in HD to the market-leading Foxtel platform.”

UPCOMING HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:

2016 UEFA Europa League Final, 19 May, LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS
2016 UEFA Champions League Final, 29 May, LIVE on beIN SPORTS
UEFA Euro 2016, 11 June to 11 July, The only place to see all 51 games LIVE is on beIN SPORTS
Serie A, Every game LIVE on beIN SPORTS
La Liga, Every game LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS
Bundesliga, Every game LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS
Ligue 1, 6 games per round LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS
Wallabies Spring Tour, November, LIVE and ad-free during play on beIN SPORTS

Foxtel is the indisputable home of Australian sports with 12 dedicated sports channels offering live and exclusive sports coverage and in HD across FOX SPORTS 1-5, FOX FOOTY, ESPN 1,2, Eurosport and beIN SPORTS 1,2,3.

In 2016, Foxtel brings subscribers, for the first time ever, every game, every team, every week from the NRL, AFL, Super Rugby, A-League, NBL as well as every race, practice and qualifying session of Formula 1 and V8s, plus the best sporting news and commentary from the biggest names in the business all on FOX SPORTS.

*HD channels only available to customers with the Sports and HD channel packs.
^SD channels only.

We might have lost the EPL, but we've got access to a shit load of good football for free in return...

Bloody good news

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, raw10 said:

Do you have to have fetch tv in order to watch epl? Sorry, I haven't caught with the latest development on this? If you are a current optus mobile customer can you at least stream it or something? 

I'm still confused about how/who can watch it.

18 hours ago, hakz7 said:

I'm still confused about how/who can watch it.

On 29/04/2016 at 9:16 PM, raw10 said:

Do you have to have fetch tv in order to watch epl? Sorry, I haven't caught with the latest development on this? If you are a current optus mobile customer can you at least stream it or something? 

I dont think Optus hassnt even worked out what it wants to do.

13 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

die optus you cunts

The fact that it is own by an overseas government much like a dictatorship, I want it disintegrate and let it be a case study on how to fail miserably in the Telco industry.

4 hours ago, Deviant said:

yet, no one will go to telstra because it costs more lol

A lot of people do because Optus and Vodafone networks are so bad. 

Fwiw, I'm out of contract and looking at Optus/Vodafone, they're not really that much cheaper, mainly just more data but it's not gonna be the same speed or coverage so it's really a trade off of wether you want quality or quantity.

Personally my data usage is too much now that I will probably move away from Telstra (which I'll most likely regret) and this epl stuff is really making Optus appealing over Vodafone. 

27 minutes ago, Tesla said:

A lot of people do because Optus and Vodafone networks are so bad. 

Fwiw, I'm out of contract and looking at Optus/Vodafone, they're not really that much cheaper, mainly just more data but it's not gonna be the same speed or coverage so it's really a trade off of wether you want quality or quantity.

Personally my data usage is too much now that I will probably move away from Telstra (which I'll most likely regret) and this epl stuff is really making Optus appealing over Vodafone. 

I was also with Telstra and recently out of contract. I was getting $550 worth of calls and 1 gig of data with them until I called up and told them I was leaving for better deal. They upgraded me to a 'Go Mobile Casual Plan' which gives me unlimited calls, sms, mms and 11 gig of data all for $60 (reduced from $70).

This is all provided your looking at using your current handset and not upgrading.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

If you sign up with Optus only for your phone plan, can you only watch the EPL on your mobile?

Pretty sure they're going to release an app that handles all that.

If over 85$ a month then it's free access and unmetered.

You should be able to download the same app and login with your optus account. Tether your 4g out from your phone to the tablet and it wont charge you. 

Mirroring your tablet/phone/PC screen to the TV shouldn't be an issue?? 

5 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

If you sign up with Optus only for your phone plan, can you only watch the EPL on your mobile?

Yes, unmetered as well. Problem is its free on $85+ a month plans and 15$ extra a month on anything else. And looking at their plans the $80 one is what I was looking at so it's a bit shit I'm $5 off getting it free. They do have an $85 plan coming out on the 15th, I might wait for that. 

2 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Any chance, like Foxtel Go, you can use a mate's Optus account for the EPL website/channel even if you aren't an Optus customer? ie on your own device.

Possibly, however, i dare say there'd be limitations like not at the same time? and if you log in with an optus account but using telstra data, it becomes metered?

23 minutes ago, Deviant said:

Possibly, however, i dare say there'd be limitations like not at the same time? and if you log in with an optus account but using telstra data, it becomes metered?

Yeah, it'll probably detect what provider you're connected to so if it's Telstra, it might not allow you to watch.

Edited by hakz7