Melbourne Football

Smartphone discussion

perthheart

Oh... cheap otion is to diy. Youtube has a video of how to do it.

Otherwise, asian shops are the way to go. But your looking at around 200 - 250 for it to be done.

People tend to sell there s3 when the glass breaks. You'll get max 250 for it pending how bad the break is. Good luck.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont have to buy a new PC or Laptop with Windows 8 on it. You will be hard pressed to find a manufacturer that wont be giving the option of Windows 7 installed with Window 8 install DVD included. This is how it will be for the next 2 years at least, until a) M$ fix Win8 so that it is more workplace friendly or B) They learn the Vista lesson....again, and release something suitable.

So many computer retailers are clearing out windows 7 laptops on the cheap, and advertising the fuck out of the "if you buy this windows 7 laptop now you can upgrade to windows 8 for $15 (or whatever it is) when windows 8 comes out". So pretty sure it will be quite hard to get a laptop without windows 8 already installed, for personal users that is, once its out.

I guess you are right about business bazzatron, whoever is in charge of the IT stuff isnt going to recommend windows 8. Still doesnt really change anything, Microsoft will just sell more windows 7, while still getting windows 8 sales from personal users / idiots / touchscreen devices. At the end of the day w7 is a good OS and doesnt really have any competition as the OS of choice in the business world, no one is going to switch to mac or linux, unless they are an IT related company.

I hate these all-in-one PCs they have now, absolutely rubbish IMO, either get a real desktop or get a tablet if you want a touchscreen, but anyway, they are becoming more popular and windows 8 is made for that sort of stuff.

I just bought a new laptop - trying to find a windows 7 laptop is next to impossible - if you do find them, they are with 2nd generation intel processors.

I ended up getting a touchscreen laptop - because the usability is better with Win 8 - but for my budget ~$1100, it meant sacficing resolution on the screen.

The new Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A with touch looks the goods, but was stretching the budget too far.

Am yet to take delivery, but will update when I've had a play around with things.

Just a question Baz: is it shit from a l33t computer tech user POV, or is it shit because it is different and takes adapting to, or is it shit because the UI is not intuitive, and certain features are lacking?

• 3 weeks later...

HTC One (M7) info leaked, it will be announced later tonight anyway. The beginning of the new generation of smartphones, will be competing with the s4, iphone 6, etc.

http://ausdroid.net/2013/02/19/supposed-full-htc-one-m7-press-render-leaks-showing-black-and-white-models/

Aesthetic as fuck phone.

Beats audio.

1080p resolution.

If Telstra pick this phone up, in.

• Like 1

Looks amazing. Only problem is no expandable memory, but it comes in a 64GB version so thats fine. Apparently Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone are picking it up. Telstra will probably only have 32gb version though :/

Edited by Tesla

It is overrated if you have enough internal storage, but 32gb isn't enough for me, I need more than that just for my music. 64GB is perfect, but telstra seem to only pick one option for their contracts, usually the lesser storage option since its cheaper. Wouldn't mind paying the extra few $ a month for the bigger storage.

I could just get the phone, sell it on ebay brand new, and buy a 64gb version, paying the difference.

Edited by Tesla

Serious question: Why do you need 64Gb of storage on your phone for music? What do you do that you require that much music on the go?

I listen to about 5 albums a day and have some pretty big playlists that I like to play in certain moods (drunk). Its too much of a pain in the arse to update your phones music based on what you think you might like to listen to.....especially when going camping.

Serious question: Why do you need 64Gb of storage on your phone for music? What do you do that you require that much music on the go?

Not sure if srs.

Not like I'm going to update my music every day. I just sync that shit from itunes (iSyncr = 5 star app). I don't even have all my music on my phone currently as I have 36gb of music, but thats fine as there are plenty of songs I won't ever listen to, but the 27gb or so I do sync is only forever getting bigger so if I'm buying a new phone I'd like 64gb to fill my music needs and for other stuff that goes on there.

I understand the benefit of being able to carry all of your music with you, iPods fulfilled this long ago. I'm just asking, why you need to?

Couldnt you say that about any feature of a phone though? Different people have different priorities.

This.

You dun went full retard bazzatron.

I understand the benefit of being able to carry all of your music with you, iPods fulfilled this long ago. I'm just asking, why you need to?

Couldnt you say that about any feature of a phone though? Different people have different priorities.

no shit, thats why asked Tesla why getting 64gb was worth it over the 32gb. I don't update my music that often so for me 32gb is ample for my phone.

I guess you kids with your loud dubstep and short attention spans you need something new all the time.

no shit, thats why asked Tesla why getting 64gb was worth it over the 32gb. I don't update my music that often so for me 32gb is ample for my phone.

I guess you kids with your loud dubstep and short attention spans you need something new all the time.

It helps drown out the traffic crossing the bridge when I try and get to sleep.

Im aelling the one xl i have. Let me know if anyone wants it

Age, condition, price, details?

May take you up on it, depending on what I do with my currently broken phone.

I tried to put up an add on the marketplace but the server was playing up. I have the add typed up at work, will post tomorrow.

Will also get some pics going of the phone.

Really want the HTC One but not sure if I can wait, thinking of maybe getting the Sony Xperia Z instead since it will be released first.

Only real benefit the XZ has is being waterpoof (attn: braveheart) and a microSD slot, but worse than the HTC One in many other areas and overall doesn't seem like an as good phone as the HTC One.

Chaps, my Galaxy S3 has started charging really slowly. Takes 30 odd minutes to move up %1 etc. Left it charging powered down over night last night and woke up and it was only on %48. Have tried a different charger and/or USB cable. Tried different GPO and even tried USB charging straight from my laptop and desktop. 

Looked at the power usage stats are there is no significant CPU function or app draining battery life. I've uninstalled all 3rd party apps too.

Kind of lost where to go to next. I'm quite good with my battery and regularly run it all the way down and charge it all the way. I'm thinking sending it off to be fixed is the only option. 

Thoughts?