perthheart

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the general opinion of this phone

LG G3 D855 3GB RAM/32GB

Also is $505 a good price for it

If I was buying a new phone today I'd get either a one m8, z3 or gs5. Given the lg runs essentially the same hardware as the aforementioned phones the g3 has trouble powering its higher resolution (1440p) screen. This results in poor battery life and aggressive throttling as the phone heats up very quickly.

Also, the screen has poor contrast, looks shite off axis and can't go very bright making it a pain to use outdoors.

Avoid

Finally got the Z3 back last night from Mobile Essentials. Was a 2.5 week wait, but they were open with me about the delay and the part being stuck in customs. The part arrived at their repair centre in Knox City yesterday and they had it ready for me to pick it up at the CBD last night so can recommend them for any repairs.

Nice little bonus is that the Z3 gets reception all the way from Footscray Station to the loop whereas my Note 2 got nothing.

How much did the repair cost (I'm assuming you paid since you dropped it)?

FWIW, this is what I mean about the benefits of Samsung, my girlfriend's phone was fucked cause she dropped it, they just swapped it for a new phone at the Samsung store free of charge. Now I can't guarantee the would always happen when it's the user's fault, as they have no responsibility to fix/replace it, but it at least shows they aren't very strict (unlike Sony who in my previous encounters with them tried to deny obvious manufacturer caused issues) and there is no need to wait around for a repair, they just swap you a new phone on the spot.

TBH I'm trying to find a problem with my phone so I can get it swapped for a new phone, just cause I have a few minor scratches on the screen lol.

Edited by Tesla

• 5 weeks later...

I have had a note 4 for about two months now and its horrible and laggy. Stuck with it for 2 years now.

The screen is nice though ahaha

Might be an option... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/preston/mobile-phones/like-new-lg-g3-64gb-sd-card-swap-for-iphone6-sony-z3-samsung/1066924866

I've gone totally off Samsung.

I have had a note 4 for about two months now and its horrible and laggyso Im hoping its just my phone or something im not used to with android.

The screen is nice though ahaha

Go to a Samsung store. Show them its laggy. See what they say.

alternatively, wait for the Lollipop update. should be in a month or two. 

I recommend you back up your shit before updating. and once you update, do a factory reset after it and then restore your pics and vids. your contacts should be saved with google. once you log back into the account, it will restore your contacts.

never used it for storage... only streaming at work. would love to know if it's possible? and if it can be as a free user? easy way to pirate music if so.

If it is possible I'm sure it would encrypt the music files somehow so they can't be played without the Spotify software, like what Steam does with games.

I have had a note 4 for about two months now and its horrible and laggyso Im hoping its just my phone or something im not used to with android.

Have you done the android animations off trick?

General Settings>About Device then hit 'Build number' a bunch of times. Go back into the newly enabled 'Developer Options' and set window, transition and animator scale to off.

Also, disable S Voice and delete/disable the usual samsung bloatware within 'Application Manager' and your note 4 will be blazingly quick.

Have you done the android animations off trick?

General Settings>About Device then hit 'Build number' a bunch of times. Go back into the newly enabled 'Developer Options' and set window, transition and animator scale to off.

Also, disable S Voice and delete/disable the usual samsung bloatware within 'Application Manager' and your note 4 will be blazingly quick.

So basically, un-samsung your damaging device!

Rumour has it that the next generation of Samsung's that will run lollipop will be a lot less Samsung than usual...

Bare with it till your update comes in.. Or sell it and go a Sony or nexus.

• 1 month later...

Pretty disappointed with the s6. No water resistance, a smaller & non-replaceable battery (in my experience mobile batteries go to shit after 18 months) and no micro sd slot. Sure it looks nice but imo samsung have relinquished almost every usp they once had.

Having said that I still prefer off screen home, back & multitask keys and the oled display will probably shit on the competition.

Out of everything that happened on day 1 of the WMC... i have only found disappointment. Sony is rumored to only be 'unveiling' two devices... non of which is the Z4 or Z4 compact phone. 

The two devices that it will 'unveil' are:

Xperia E

gsmarena_001.jpg

Z4 Tablet

gsmarena_001.jpg

Pretty disappointed with the s6. No water resistance, a smaller & non-replaceable battery (in my experience mobile batteries go to shit after 18 months) and no micro sd slot. Sure it looks nice but imo samsung have relinquished almost every usp they once had.

Having said that I still prefer off screen home, back & multitask keys and the oled display will probably shit on the competition.

The only thing thats going for the S6 is the Lollipop update. It's loaded with the latest version 5.0.2 and some of the Samsung features like S-Pay or Samsung Pay or whatever the fucking name is. It's a more superior method of payment than either GOOGLE or APPLE are providing. 

Apart from that, meh.

Huahewi or whateverthefuck, released some decent devices... Spec wise they were ok, but what lets them down is that they're Chinese! 

Not even racist with that comment, i catch yellow fever as much as the next bloke... but fark off with your shite brands.

HTC have gone with a 1080p display on the M9. Which for me is a great idea. The extra pixel density that is offered by the other companies is a joke because you can't tell the difference. This 1080p display, in turn, maximises battery life. 

The software is also based on Androids Lollipop. So it's even less taxing on the battery and the new features of the system are great and very responsive.

The upgraded Dolby Digital enhanced front facing speakers are meant to be the best yet.

And special mention for HTC's new fitness band - teamed up with Under Armour - It's got everything!! Except a heart rate monitor... :( lol

Out of everything released on Day 1, I'm not over the moon with anything really. But HTC takes my vote for the least disappointment award.

Well looks like Android has peaked.

Still got a way to go. 

Development on Android M (milkshake/marshmallow) is in full force and you can bet that anything they bring out is going to be revolutionary. Android Auto is off to a bang with various big brand auto companies jumping on-board. 

Anything that google will release is going to incorporated into Android. including google's self driving car  :up:

And it lasted 5 days. Fell out of pocket getting in car. Cracked screen and top half of screen is now not responding.

FML.

That's a new record for me.

Add that to needing to replace starter motor in my car and Friday the 13th can such my fucking cock

Shiiiiieeeeeeeeet. Did you have a cover?

I got mine repaired at mobile essentials for ~$220 fwiw. Was fucking livid when I broke mine. 

Edited by hedaik

That's what happens when you buy Sony, you both seem to have cracked your screen quite easy, and screen not responding cause you cracked it?

Shit quality, just like my Z1 where everything seemed to break on it within a year.

fwiw, I also cracked my screen on my s5 yesterday, the difference is it happened after 32542359236492346 drops on cement. Then dropped it again today and made the crack worse.

Will need to pop into Samsung store and see what the damage is, I reckon it will be cheaper and I might even get it done same day.

Shit thing is they changed my screen for a new one (goodbye scratches I had) about a month ago as I took it in for shit battery life (free under warranty, tbh pretty sure it was my music app causing shit battery but not complaining), way to ruin what was not even a month old screen.

Edited by Tesla

• 3 weeks later...