32GB – $999
64GB – $1149
128GB – $1299

Galaxy S6 Edge

32GB – $1149
64GB – $1299
128GB – $1449

Go get fucked samsung.  :up:

From my research the S6 Edge is just the same phone with a sloped edge screen which can project an image.... are they seriously saying it's worth $200 more? I know morons like gimmicks but surely they are fucken kidding themselves.

confirmed pricing for the Galaxy S6.

Galaxy S6

32GB – $999
64GB – $1149
128GB – $1299

Galaxy S6 Edge

32GB – $1149
64GB – $1299
128GB – $1449

From my research the S6 Edge is just the same phone with a sloped edge screen which can project an image.... are they seriously saying it's worth $200 more? I know morons like gimmicks but surely they are fucken kidding themselves.

confirmed pricing for the Galaxy S6.

Galaxy S6

32GB – $999

64GB – $1149

128GB – $1299

Galaxy S6 Edge

32GB – $1149

64GB – $1299

128GB – $1449

Mate I need the latest forex rates on the edge of my phone constantly, make that $200 back in one successful trade. Good investment.

Tempted to recontract early but it costs too much right now, might give it another month or two. I'm going to get that 'new phone feeling' thing this time, looking worth it for $10/mo since I get bored so easily.

Flashed my phone twice in a week... lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I reckon I'll get a new phone, repairing screen costs like 270 while early recontract is around 440 plus I can surely get like 150 for it on ebay even with a broken screen, so it works out the same financially.

Problem is no expandable memory on the s6, i just bought a high end 64gb microsd card a couple months ago. Not only that, I need that 64gb space, it's great.

HTC One M9 just seems too inferior.

While the LG G4 could be the go, slightly inferior to the s6 but expandable memory makes up for that plus it should be cheaper. But probably another month until it's released, can waiting that long.

ask yourself...

"Why do i need the S6"?

BTW, don't look at specs alone. Look at real world stats and figures. They all pretty much work the same with the same speed.

Well, compared to the HTC One m9, it's better where it counts, camera, battery life, etc.

Like I said, not a lot better than the LG G4 and the expandable memory makes up for it, but the problem with the LG is it won't be released for at least a month.

Of course, as I've said many times on here, Samsung's biggest selling point over the other Android manufacturers is that they have a shop you can walk into and get help with your phone get a same day repair or replacement if there is a problem, etc.

ask yourself...

"Why do i need the S6"?

BTW, don't look at specs alone. Look at real world stats and figures. They all pretty much work the same with the same speed.

Well, compared to the HTC One m9, it's better where it counts, camera, battery life, etc.

Like I said, not a lot better than the LG G4 and the expandable memory makes up for it, but the problem with the LG is it won't be released for at least a month.

Of course, as I've said many times on here, Samsung's biggest selling point over the other Android manufacturers is that they have a shop you can walk into and get help with your phone get a same day repair or replacement if there is a problem, etc.

Got the S6 just before heading overseas as I wanted a phone that I could take some decent pics on while away. Very happy so far. Battery life is good. All large display smartphones are thirsty but the S6 has impressed me so far. I also thought the 'Fast Charging' feature was gonna be a gimmick but it does actually seem a lot quicker than any other smartphone I've had. The non-expandable storage was something that I was worried about too but I had to settle in the end. 

All in all: :up:

I'd actually have a note 4 over any other phone on the market, I didn't mention it as it is prohibitively expensive to buy outright and is generally regarded as a phablet.

I have it and it is horrible. Worst mistake I have ever made. 

ask yourself...

"Why do i need the S6"?

Got the S6 just before heading overseas as I wanted a phone that I could take some decent pics on while away. Very happy so far. Battery life is good. All large display smartphones are thirsty but the S6 has impressed me so far. I also thought the 'Fast Charging' feature was gonna be a gimmick but it does actually seem a lot quicker than any other smartphone I've had. The non-expandable storage was something that I was worried about too but I had to settle in the end. 

All in all: :up:

Which phone are you running with now? 

if that was directed at me deviate, I have the s5 now. As I stated, only reason I'm upgrading is because if I dont upgrade I'd need to get the screen fixed anyway, and it works out financially about the same. No way would I upgrade from s5 to s6 otherwise, not much difference.

Definitely keener on the LG G4 though, but for of a number of reasons I'm not sure I can wait a month. I'll wait till my bill cycle is over since then the early recontract is cheaper, and decide what I'm doing then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, did anyone end up going through with the purchase of the G4?

Thoughts, feelings, ideas?

Didn't end up doing it as i'd like to strike just after my monthly bill as thats when my handset repayment reduces, but I usually forget at the time. Got my bill today, so back to thinking about it for the next few days, tempting.

• 2 weeks later...

The G4 now is bang for buck. 

As further models come out, the price on these one's flagships reduce, as with every device. 

The allure of a 'brand new phone' is still relevant as not many people know anything apart from apple and samsung.

You walk around with a LG G4 and people will ask you "Is that the new Samsung?" lol. fuck around and say 'Nah, it's the new apple". 

Furthermore, hold down on your screen and get a submenu. then create a buzzword like force touch. Tell them it's revolutionary. what a joke.

Edited by Deviant

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the iphone 6s Plus  and have been playing around with it. I switched from a note 4 as I got a bit sick of android.

So far very impressed, still have to get used to going back to iOS but the 3d touch is pretty cool. Its hard to get used to it as you think to press down hard and hold it but its not quite that more like a hard tap.

Best thing about the touch is that if you push on the keyboard hard it comes up as a pad so you can put the text cursor where ever you want, very useful, I have always been frustrated with trying to put it inbetween letters.

The finger print sensor is amazingly quick now, like as soon as you put your finger on it it unlocks. It can actually be a little annoying since my first reaction to see a notification is to press the home button to see it, but it unlocks instead.

Anyway its typical apple, fast and it always works without a hassel 

• Like 1

Just got the iphone 6s Plus  and have been playing around with it. I switched from a note 4 as I got a bit sick of android.

So far very impressed, still have to get used to going back to iOS but the 3d touch is pretty cool. Its hard to get used to it as you think to press down hard and hold it but its not quite that more like a hard tap.

Best thing about the touch is that if you push on the keyboard hard it comes up as a pad so you can put the text cursor where ever you want, very useful, I have always been frustrated with trying to put it inbetween letters.

The finger print sensor is amazingly quick now, like as soon as you put your finger on it it unlocks. It can actually be a little annoying since my first reaction to see a notification is to press the home button to see it, but it unlocks instead.

Anyway its typical apple, fast and it always works without a hassel 

This is the only Hassel my phone has:

https://coprocinephilia.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/hoff1.jpg

Edited by bazzatron
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

LG G4 arrived. Good looking phone (I have leather brown, all other versions are inferior). Nice size and feels pretty light. Will have a play with it later.

New smartphone every 6 months crew checking in.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Nexus 5X looks pretty good. Similar guts to the g4 but a lower res screen which should aid performance. Stock android will fly along + it'll launch with 6.0 (marshmallow) as its o.s. If history is any guide it should be quite affordable also.

Max 32gb storage will probably be a deal breaker for a lot of people though

https://www.google.com/intl/en_au/nexus/5x/

Nexus 5X looks pretty good. Similar guts to the g4 but a lower res screen which should aid performance. Stock android will fly along + it'll launch with 6.0 (marshmallow) as its o.s. If history is any guide it should be quite affordable also.

Max 32gb storage will probably be a deal breaker for a lot of people though

https://www.google.com/intl/en_au/nexus/5x/

The G4 should be compared to the 6P not the 5X. 5X is a different class of phone, it's competing with $200 Chinese android phones not with the G4 or S6. (Ironically though the 6p is the Chinese phone and the 5X is made by LG so dunno what's going on there).

Edited by Tesla