Melbourne Football

Smartphone discussion

perthheart

After the passing of my beloved Samsung Galaxy im placed in the situation of having to choose a replacement phone through my insurance. Been given the option of either the HTC incredible S, HTC Rhyme or Blackberry models 9860 or 9780. Any one in the know about this kind of thing? Im leaning towards the HTC's. The blackberrys look like shit and dont want a stupid keyboard on the bottom of my phone.

Help is appreciated. Probably like the Incredible S the most. But is based purely on aesthetics. Anyone better with tech specs and can explain in lay mans terms to me the advantages of each phone.

Cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the passing of my beloved Samsung Galaxy im placed in the situation of having to choose a replacement phone through my insurance. Been given the option of either the HTC incredible S, HTC Rhyme or Blackberry models 9860 or 9780. Any one in the know about this kind of thing? Im leaning towards the HTC's. The blackberrys look like shit and dont want a stupid keyboard on the bottom of my phone.

Help is appreciated. Probably like the Incredible S the most. But is based purely on aesthetics. Anyone better with tech specs and can explain in lay mans terms to me the advantages of each phone.

Cheers

Google 'HTC Incredible S vs HTC Rhyme'. Overall they are similar phones, so I guess it depends what things are more important to you (eg one has more internal storage, while the other has better battery life). I wouldnt even bother considering the blackberries in all honesty.

Edited by Tesla

Yeah I think i'm going to go for the incredible S. Is what I was leaning towards. Would go for storage over battery life tbh. Going to attempt to just re sign up to a new contract and get the newest Galaxy or an Iphone on it though. If not HTC Incredi S it will be. Cheers lads.

• 2 months later...

Galaxy is apparently being launched in 3 days time, in London!

Pretty excited on the news, and I will pre-order as soon as it hits our shores.

It will feature a large 4.8-inch display, will reportedly sport a ceramic body, wireless charging from up to 2 feet away, eye-tracking, and a quad-core Samsung Exynos processor.

• 4 weeks later...

The only reason an iPhone is a somewhat acceptable smartphone is because for 5 generations apple hasnt changed the recipe. Just like the Nokia 5110-style of mobile phone in the mid 90's. Until an iPhone comes out with a larger screen, smaller connector, less software restrictons and finally let of the leash that is iTunes, they arent going to keep up with the growth that Android is showing.

I know the specs, but apart from the performance increasing(as it should) the overall user experience is just the same as the first iPhone. What have they introduced, copy and paste and ibooks. Browser still doesnt support flash, they have only just introduced MS Exchange Task syncing, Facetime could already be accomplished with Skype. iOS is stuck in the past, Android is the future.

I've had a 3G and a 4 and used it everyday for work, also the same amount of use with 2 different Android phones, and you had "a go" with a HTC Desire. Pretty sure my theory is sound.

I agree with that, i didnt use the HTC for very long, maybe i didnt like the set up of the phone aswel. so that maybe half the reason, i see where your coming from but IMO i love iPhones an couldnt never see myself with a different phone.

I agree with that, i didnt use the HTC for very long, maybe i didnt like the set up of the phone aswel. so that maybe half the reason, i see where your coming from but IMO i love iPhones an couldnt never see myself with a different phone.

next phone = android!

galaxy s3 available from telstra and optus on there site... :D

or alternatively HTC one X...

Who is getting the s3?

best deal for it is Virgin IMO, $29/cap + 20/mo for the phone. You have a solid amount of calls/text/data on that cap. Virgin is of course using the Optus network for those who dont know, so its pretty bad. Voda you can get it on a 12 month contract with +$35 on the 29 cap, but voda network is even worse than optus network, and I dont think their 29 cap is as good as the virgin 29 cap.

Telstra you can get it for $72 on their cheapest plan, solid amount of calls/text, and for once Telstra offer a good amount of data. Basically paying $22 extra a month to be on the only good network in Australia. Tempting, but 24 month contract is a long time. Never had a 24 month contract before.

Buying phone outright cheapest is around $700-750 AFAIK.

I think best idea is to wait a few months and see how prices change.

Edited by Tesla