Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

I've just received an email from the club asking me to complete a survey. I haven't bothered yet. Anyone else received it and it looked at it? I don't see the point of filling it in if it's the same old stuff - we're in the middle of a Stage 4 lockdown.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I've just received an email from the club asking me to complete a survey. I haven't bothered yet. Anyone else received it and it looked at it? I don't see the point of filling it in if it's the same old stuff - we're in the middle of a Stage 4 lockdown.

Yeah I got and just did it, standard questions from other surveys how city been in last month, bit about community programs but did have one about your feelings about attending matches in the future 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HughJass said:

Yeah I got and just did it, standard questions from other surveys how city been in last month, bit about community programs but did have one about your feelings about attending matches in the future 

OK, I'll fill it in then. I may also write to the membership section at HQ as I have been wanting to make some comments about members attending matches, even before we had heard of COV-19.

• Like 1

I've had positive responses in the past from the Membership section (Ryan) but nothing has ever actually been acted on.

The two suggestions that received an initial favourable response were the recycling of old merchandise, and expansion of the weekly club newsletter to include a section on supporters' news.

I'm not upset that nothing eventually came of the suggestions, although I suspect that there is a blockage above Ryan. Don't think that that would come as a surprise to anyone!

had my 3rd call from the membership guy today, I brought up how the other 2 times he said he'd get back to me later in the day and there was no call, he said he was just there to help out the other membership people and that he'd help me out today.... didn't call back
fucking hopeless 

club clearly wants money and dickhead employees can't even put the effort in to get us to sign up knowing that we won't get to see every home game anyway

Im not renewing until the season is announced. 

Still a bit jacked off about not getting anything for the games we didn't get to go to last season. 

I get that the world is in a financial calamity and obviously that includes Melbourne City but it also includes me and kids and we paid for a dozen home games last season and was short changed. 

I will absolutely renew but not until the season is confirmed and at minimum guaranteed some live football,  probably March and beyond. 

And I too had a couple calls but none since I explained my opinion a few weeks back.

Edited by Jovan

13 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

thought the 3 options were to compensate the 2 games we missed at the end of the season...

That was my understanding.

13 hours ago, Jovan said:

Im not renewing until the season is announced. 

Still a bit jacked off about not getting anything for the games we didn't get to go to last season. 

I get that the world is in a financial calamity and obviously that includes Melbourne City but it also includes me and kids and we paid for a dozen home games last season and was short changed. 

I will absolutely renew but not until the season is confirmed and at minimum guaranteed some live football,  probably March and beyond. 

And I too had a couple calls but none since I explained my opinion a few weeks back.

I've renewed, but I think your point is well made. To be fair though, I doubt that the club knows much more than we do about the future. FFA is eerily quiet on what fans want to know.

17 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

I renewed before we had played the first game of restart. Outgoing forum members should support beloved club.

As above I've renewed on the monthly payment plan and so far the club has not taken any money from me, so perhaps they're holding off until there's more information about a next season.

Hello! Does anyone have the Melbourne Heart membership numbers for the 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 season I would be eternally grateful. And if by some miracle, if anyone could find the A League Membership numbers for those two seasons generally I'd be even more grateful! I can find From 2012/2013 onwards, but struggle to find much predating that season. 

@IssySG This post for 2012/13 says that total club membership is 70,000 and a 12% increase from last season (i.e. 2011/12) so you can get an approximate figure for 2011/12 that way.

I'm afraid my database on Heart/City does not have any numbers for the two seasons you're after but I will have a search and see if I can tuen anything up.

• Thanks 1

@IssySG Found this. https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-heart-adamant-that-expense-of-first-a-league-season-worthwhile-despite-25m-deficit/news-story/4b32bd87b54ff643a2e71d59e514a268?sv=fddeaf41825b700eed4df32ad0d5139e

Buried in the article Munn says membership was "about 5,500." The article was published in February 2011 so refers to season 2010/11.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@IssySG Found this. https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-heart-adamant-that-expense-of-first-a-league-season-worthwhile-despite-25m-deficit/news-story/4b32bd87b54ff643a2e71d59e514a268?sv=fddeaf41825b700eed4df32ad0d5139e

Buried in the article Munn says membership was "about 5,500." The article was published in February 2011 so refers to season 2010/11.

Incredible, thank-you so much!

hi

received a call last week about renewing, told them i would wait until after the first game to see if the players make any political or any other virtual signalling protest i go to football to get away from all this crap, if they do i,m done, i know the difference between good and bad don't need to be brainwashed into other peoples views 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, silloth52 said:

hi

received a call last week about renewing, told them i would wait until after the first game to see if the players make any political or any other virtual signalling protest i go to football to get away from all this crap, if they do i,m done, i know the difference between good and bad don't need to be brainwashed into other peoples views 

As in BLM, Anti Lock down or the A League salary protest?

37 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

As in BLM, Anti Lock down or the A League salary protest?

Any of the above probably.

IMO by the current standoff and lack of information and communication, the League and the clubs are losing fans by the day. It's not doing the game any good at all.

On 20/09/2020 at 9:47 AM, silloth52 said:

hi

weird, i got the same call but i said i would only renew if i saw players doing some virtue signalling at the first home game

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hyperfuzz said:

weird, i got the same call but i said i would only renew if i saw players doing some virtue signalling at the first home game

what about if the take the knee but every player has to get a southern cross tattoo. that should tick all the boxes yeh?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Yes and no. No charge so far.

20 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Per the emails first charge is 12 October

Thanks. I think there's been a few emails that haven't come through. 

Mind you I wonder how the process works on who attends if melbourne still has restrictions during the season (ie only 1/4 of the stadium is open) and if we have to pay for home games in front of empty stands

Make all the jokes / memes you want, gonna be shit should the club be forced to turn some of the members away 

8 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Thanks. I think there's been a few emails that haven't come through. 

Mind you I wonder how the process works on who attends if melbourne still has restrictions during the season (ie only 1/4 of the stadium is open) and if we have to pay for home games in front of empty stands

Make all the jokes / memes you want, gonna be shit should the club be forced to turn some of the members away 

I don't think I've seen that date of 12th October myself.

I'm concerned about having to queue up for the security check, and also using PT. A lot will depend on what the virus case numbers are at the time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think I've seen that date of 12th October myself.

I'm concerned about having to queue up for the security check, and also using PT. A lot will depend on what the virus case numbers are at the time.

Screenshot_20200929-191149.thumb.png.0ac26552934ea15a35e6436dd8789342.png

Fwiw thats the second time ive got it, as in its a reminder

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Screenshot_20200929-191149.thumb.png.0ac26552934ea15a35e6436dd8789342.png

Fwiw thats the second time ive got it, as in its a reminder

OK. I still don't recall seeing that. But of course I am not rolling over precisely what I had last season because of the death of my wife. So I had to call membership - still two memberships for next season, but the second in my wife's name of course.

• jw1739 pinned this topic