Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

20 minutes ago, Dylan said:

FWIW I ordered on the 17th and I live on the NSW/VIC border and it arrived yesterday

love the plastic fan in the pack. Good to see the club showing a sense of humour 

I only have the 3 game membership so no plastic fan for me 😔

29 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Surely you must have the Five game membership country and interstate membership gives you five games.

During Uni break I live in Cairns, which is a bit too far to travel to the nearest away fixture unfortunately!

When I'm back for the start of semester I'll pick up another 3 game.

Edited by haz

On 24/09/2019 at 6:00 PM, jw1739 said:

If 3,000 people are going to be gifted a membership, then we should see an immediate increment in our numbers. I very much doubt that we will see that.

At the moment we are about 800 behind where we were at this time last year.

Is this jump the 3,000 gifted memberships given to children participating in a tournament at Shepparton (see page 65 of this thread and a post from @HughJass)?

Edited by jw1739

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Is this jump the 3,000 gifted memberships given to children participating in a tournament at Shepparton (see page 65 of this thread and a post from @HughJass)?

Sneaky.

Membership numbers are the biggest dick swinging contest. It's pointless to bump up your numbers if those "Members" will never engage with the club.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, haz said:

Sneaky.

Membership numbers are the biggest dick swinging contest. It's pointless to bump up your numbers if those "Members" will never engage with the club.

Yes exactly but perhaps those 3K are full season memberships. I find including the short term memberships in the tally even more deceiving. The membership tally is used to criticise or praise turn outs on match day however the expired short term memberships are never removed from the tally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Yes exactly but perhaps those 3K are full season memberships. I find including the short term memberships in the tally even more deceiving. The membership tally is used to criticise or praise turn outs on match day however the expired short term memberships are never removed from the tally.

Absolutely correct. Really we shouldn't bother to discuss membership numbers at all - the focus should be on attendances as the measure of interest in the club.

5 hours ago, haz said:

Sneaky.

borderline on the same sentiments as people caring about their follower-following ratio and all that. But yeah, it's a bit pointless of only the core amount of members only show up, which always sits around the 5k-6k mark 

14 minutes ago, Harrison said:

How much can we trust those official attendance figures? I’m hardly one for conspiracies but I’m always surprised at the figures. Going by the eye test they seem a bit smaller than they register. 

TBH I don't believe them for a minute. 5,547 for the Central Coast match? More like 3,000 absolute maximum.

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TBH I don't believe them for a minute. 5,547 for the Central Coast match? More like 3,000 absolute maximum.

Looking around, I noticed most fans on the wings had moved higher up under cover. Same behind the goals, so it wouldn't surprise me if that 5547 figure was correct, they were just a little more difficult to spot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rass said:

Looking around, I noticed most fans on the wings had moved higher up under cover. Same behind the goals, so it wouldn't surprise me if that 5547 figure was correct, they were just a little more difficult to spot.

I thought the same. If anything I thought the first two home game figures reported lower than what they seemed on the day.

Id say the more likely scenario however is that they were accurate and we managed to bump up last year's a bit which seemed significantly worse than the Adelaide game in particular and my reference point is out a bit.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I thought the same. If anything I thought the first two home game figures reported lower than what they seemed on the day.

Id say the more likely scenario however is that they were accurate and we managed to bump up last year's a bit which seemed significantly worse than the Adelaide game in particular and my reference point is out a bit.

The negativity surrounding our attendances is ridiculous. Claims of numbers being fixed and inaccurate figures is such a stretch. As @rasssaid our last home game had over 5000 but many are claiming it couldn't be more than 3000. I don't know if the number is entirely accurate but some of the claims are ridiculous. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, n i k o said:

The negativity surrounding our attendances is ridiculous. Claims of numbers being fixed and inaccurate figures is such a stretch. As @rasssaid our last home game had over 5000 but many are claiming it couldn't be more than 3000. I don't know if the number is entirely accurate but some of the claims are ridiculous. 

Isn’t everybody scanning their tickets on the way in? How can’t it be inaccurate.

26 minutes ago, rass said:

Going by the photo that was posted in the match thread, I’d say 5547 is overs. Not an expert by any means but I reckon about 700 on the north end and maybe double that on the south end if I’m being generous. The wings were pretty empty. I just don’t see how it’s gets to 5547. 

As said above, it’s hard to believe they’re going out of their way to inflate the figures but they might be reporting the tickets sold rather than the actual attendance figure. I know something similar happens in the PL, or at least I read that that kind of thing could be happening over there. The terrible weather supports that theory. 

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Isn’t everybody scanning their tickets on the way in? How can’t it be inaccurate.

The published figure is being questioned. 

At the end of the day we are 10 years in and we have a relatively low number of people turn up each week.

This may come across as a bit pompous but it doesn't bother me at all, and I can't understand the concern.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

The published figure is being questioned. 

At the end of the day we are 10 years in and we have a relatively low number of people turn up each week.

This may come across as a bit pompous but it doesn't bother me at all, and I can't understand the concern.  

Yeh pretty much. As others have said, metrics are such a fucking pissing contest that it seems Australians are the only ones that care about it. Obv its to do with the code wars bullshit many like to perpetrate cos we have so many options here, but at the end of the day who gives a shit as long as youre having fun, and the club isnt in danger of financially folding.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Yeh pretty much. As others have said, metrics are such a fucking pissing contest that it seems Australians are the only ones that care about it. Obv its to do with the code wars bullshit many like to perpetrate cos we have so many options here, but at the end of the day who gives a shit as long as youre having fun, and the club isnt in danger of financially folding.

But I’m bored at work. 

27 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I think the dick measuring also exists between aleague clubs supporters as well. But agree with your post entirely. 

Edited by n i k o

41 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Going by the photo that was posted in the match thread, I’d say 5547 is overs. Not an expert by any means but I reckon about 700 on the north end and maybe double that on the south end if I’m being generous. The wings were pretty empty. I just don’t see how it’s gets to 5547. 

As said above, it’s hard to believe they’re going out of their way to inflate the figures but they might be reporting the tickets sold rather than the actual attendance figure. I know something similar happens in the PL, or at least I read that that kind of thing could be happening over there. The terrible weather supports that theory. 

If we took every single person who attended the game and put them into the south end do you think we would get close to filling it?

17 minutes ago, n i k o said:

If we took every single person who attended the game and put them into the south end do you think we would get close to filling it?

Maybe but it’s deceptive. One end is about 5k capacity I think. But from that photo l just can’t see how there’s enough people to get to 5547. North end was very low. 

44 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

The bottom line is that we don't have that much valid and active members, excluding short term memberships.

So are you suggesting our members are either invalid or inactive?

Edited by Jovan
Couldn't resist

2 hours ago, Tangerine said:

Why do we still open both sides of the stadium? Is it for corporate box reasons? Would make more sense to copy the FFA Cup set up - have both ends and one wing open. At least then there would be more atmosphere and on tv it would look better (#metrics). 

No way. I love my west side seat that protects me from the summer sun. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic