Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

It's a good time slot for the families.  Adelaide (Cup opponent) should generate four figures number. 

Do you mean five figures..? haha I'd hope we'd attract more than 1k 😶

But yeah, 4pm on Sundays is perfect for me and hopefully friendly for others. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I'd expect an update to membership statistics on the League website soon.

I don't know what you are referring to when you say "averaging 11k." If we ignore home Derbies, which since 11/12 have alternated between one and two per season, our highest average attendance was in 16/17 (9,417), and that was also the season for our highest membership, which reached 13,078 when all the specials were counted.

Since those highs both numbers have fallen, as have home Derby attendances. I think all of us can point to the various club-specific factors that have contributed to the decline in interest in the club.

I don't know the stats for the other clubs, but my gut feeling is that there has been a general decline in interest in the League over the same period.

One hates to do the comparison thing but in contrast the AFL have been steadily increasing their membership.  From 803,850 in 14/15 season to 1,057,572 last season - so you cannot say interest in sport has declined.

20 minutes ago, haz said:

Got my membership card. Interesting that it says I am a member for '4 consecutive years' when I was not a member for the last two seasons.

You may not see your brother or sister for years but they will always be family. The club just making you feel like you're always a part of the city family, God bless them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

You may not see your brother or sister for years but they will always be family. The club just making you feel like you're always a part of the city family, God bless them. 

Speaking of family, how do I claim the additional GA tickets?

1 hour ago, haz said:

Got my membership card. Interesting that it says I am a member for '4 consecutive years' when I was not a member for the last two seasons.

I didn't renew last season but, towards the end of the season, I was sent a free season ticket. I think that City has recognised the 'difficulties' that most fans had during Joyce's tenure and are trying to be flexible

40 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Haz have you thrown away the cardboard stiffener, if you have a suggest you look between the pieces as that is where they will be. That is, if you can retrieve them from your recycle bin.

I havnt got the pack yet just the pdf eticket/membership

38 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

"One Germano" has no meaning at all. By definition a Germano has no finite value, and so is an indefinite value, and can therefore be of any duration whatsoever.

Some other definitions of a Germano:

@n i k o

" As to what measurement of time 'A Germano' represents is unknown and there is much conjecture over it ranging from two all the way to six weeks with injury. I'm pretty sure if you dig deep enough you could even find people trying to find formulas to decipher how long it actually was.

@haz

The Germano unit of measurement is very complex, often represented in numerical form as '3' weeks although a Germano has an infinite unknown length. Thus 1/2*Germano=1Germano=n*Germano. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I've always been of the view that our fan base is largely highly educated, in direct contrast to the other mob. This discussion tends to add weight to my thesis... 

If we go by our stereotype other fans have of us we are generally inner city hipsters that are well educated, go to good schools and we are just completing year 10 and deciding on which electives we will be taking on next year. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, n i k o said:

If we go by our stereotype other fans have of us we are generally inner city hipsters that are well educated, go to good schools and we are just completing year 10 and deciding on which electives we will be taking on next year. 

Don't think that description fits all of us...

I suppose that the next question is whether a Florian morphs into a Germano, and if so at what point are they considered equivalent to one another. 

2 hours ago, fensaddler said:

I've always been of the view that our fan base is largely highly educated, in direct contrast to the other mob. This discussion tends to add weight to my thesis... 

Victory are Chads, we're the virgins

3 minutes ago, haz said:

So I finally got my 3 game membership. But no GA tickets?!
Initial email when I purchased the ticket was that I got two GA tickets.

Any idea where to find these? There was no cardboard sleeve in the letter?

@hazJust ring Ryan and ask. Great bloke - he'll do everything he can to assist.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic