Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

Herald sun rewards are doing ticket giveaways this season,
city and WU both doing double passes to home games (not sure about derbies)
victory 2 for 1 deal

Also for WU derby in rd 3 it's cheaper to just buy the emerging member membership, $30 adult/$20 concession, 2 tickets for any game and can be used for the same game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

Herald sun rewards are doing ticket giveaways this season,
city and WU both doing double passes to home games (not sure about derbies)
victory 2 for 1 deal

Also for WU derby in rd 3 it's cheaper to just buy the emerging member membership, $30 adult/$20 concession, 2 tickets for any game and can be used for the same game

Cheaper monetarily,  but morally quite expensive

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

And they bring back the sausage stand! Failing that forget it.

Well regardless I’ve re-signed (if Joyce was re-signed I would have resigned, but that didn’t happen so I’m resigned to my fate as s City supporter.)

ps Mrs S reckons she wanted to sit lower and more central though, so I’ve ditched the riff raff nearby 

Edited by Shahanga

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Well regardless I’ve re-signed (if Joyce was re-signed I would have resigned, but that didn’t happen so I’m resigned to my fate as s City supporter.)

ps Mrs S reckons she wanted to sit lower and more central though, so I’ve ditched the riff raff nearby 

Well we moved 1 row back. Its a 6 seat aisle. No unnecessary standing up, except obviously when answering the capo call to stand up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deluka said:

Bit of a kick in the guts to the 7k odd people who have already signed up.

BEEB6499-50D8-41F3-9C17-58C833ACFE34.png

Cheers mate. That discount is worth it now for the two homes games I'll catch before I head back to QLD for holidays.

First membership (although 3 game) in 3 years!

• Like 1

Not as much on the forum but on the Facebook Groups and Twitter have really proven to me that when it comes to City - they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. More people coming to the game is the bottom line if you want the club to grow. I was fine to pay what I paid for my membership, I would rather a hundred more people at games than save one hundred dollars myself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These specials occur every season that I can remember. If you're beastly careless about where you sit and who you sit with then it probably makes sense to wait until the offer(s) before joining up. And if you're in an expensive category and have already renewed I can see that you might be a bit miffed at the 25% off. But as above, I'm happy with what I paid for City Blue and the service I have received from Ryan and his team, and happy to see the club making the effort to increase its support.

I get the angst of being an existing rusted on faithful and paying full price  (most were offered 10%) and then seeing 25 to 50% offer. But really that's the whole point of being a rusted on.

Pay extra, go every week, put up with mediocre performances all in the hope of every now and then getting a bit of pleasure/enjoyment. 

Pretty much like being married. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

I get the angst of being an existing rusted on faithful and paying full price  (most were offered 10%) and then seeing 25 to 50% offer. But really that's the whole point of being a rusted on.

Pay extra, go every week, put up with mediocre performances all in the hope of every now and then getting a bit of pleasure/enjoyment. 

Pretty much like being married. 

Pretty good analogy actually haha. And those that arent won't get it.

Usually go to 3-4 games a season with my 15 year old son and occassionally the mrs and my other son. Decided this year to buy a membership for just me and my son, so got in contact with the club and they worked me into a 5 game, offered a deal for all 4 for an extra $50, so four new members this year. Probably sacrilegious the 5 game but that's all we can attend due to work commitments etc

• Like 2

Personally, I'm happy with the price I've paid and redeemed the 10% and went to the free FFA Cup match. That being said, I know there'd be a lot of people who wouldn't have though and so I'm not surprised if they'd have a sour taste in their mouth, particularly if you're a family of say 4 - a minor discount would be fine but this is really quite large which I feel tarnishes the value perception for people having purchased full price memberships.

If the objective is to purely foot traffic then why not lower the base of the full cost and discount marginally for these membership drive days - I'd be interested to see the data post-season on avg. games attended from people who have purchased on a whim due to heavy discounts. As they've paid less, there may feel less obligated to attend due to their lower investment, they don't need to attend as many games to feel they've received value (e.g. deciding to go when weather is inclement or if you have an event clash).

Bringing down the base cost of the membership would reduce the barrier of entry for people signing up and make us less reliant on people signing up on a whim when it's heavily discounted - this way you still capture the rusted on but potentially raise the avg. games attended which translates into greater crowds and more $$$ spent in and around the stadium.

I find the whole discussion around memberships and pricing quite interesting, the other issue this raises will be people buying an active membership and then just sit in GA because that's cheaper than a GA membership and could leave our active area more bare than ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Personally, I'm happy with the price I've paid and redeemed the 10% and went to the free FFA Cup match. That being said, I know there'd be a lot of people who wouldn't have though and so I'm not surprised if they'd have a sour taste in their mouth, particularly if you're a family of say 4 - a minor discount would be fine but this is really quite large which I feel tarnishes the value perception for people having purchased full price memberships.

If the objective is to purely foot traffic then why not lower the base of the full cost and discount marginally for these membership drive days - I'd be interested to see the data post-season on avg. games attended from people who have purchased on a whim due to heavy discounts. As they've paid less, there may feel less obligated to attend due to their lower investment, they don't need to attend as many games to feel they've received value (e.g. deciding to go when weather is inclement or if you have an event clash).

Bringing down the base cost of the membership would reduce the barrier of entry for people signing up and make us less reliant on people signing up on a whim when it's heavily discounted - this way you still capture the rusted on but potentially raise the avg. games attended which translates into greater crowds and more $$$ spent in and around the stadium.

I find the whole discussion around memberships and pricing quite interesting, the other issue this raises will be people buying an active membership and then just sit in GA because that's cheaper than a GA membership and could leave our active area more bare than ever.

The discount is for today only and purchases must be over the 'phone. It will be interesting to see whether there is a measurable jump in the numbers from this offer, although it may be hard to see buried in the usual last-minute purchases for the first home match.

Some excellent points made above. I'd say if you'd bought a Family membership in City Platinum for $1,250 you would indeed be pissed off.

Overall I hope that the club continues to review and simplify memberships. AAMI is such a good viewing stadium that some of the differences in prices aren't really worth it IMO.

Phoned up just after 7:30pm and on recycling hold music until 8:00pm ticked over and then announced the line was closed. Thanks City.

Guess that means the drive has been working, but I missed out. Reckon I deserved a half price season after watching us since inception and surviving Aloisi and Joyce

1 hour ago, Cloughie said:

Phoned up just after 7:30pm and on recycling hold music until 8:00pm ticked over and then announced the line was closed. Thanks City.

Guess that means the drive has been working, but I missed out. Reckon I deserved a half price season after watching us since inception and surviving Aloisi and Joyce

I was on hold for 45mins from 4:00pm

15/16 we were averaging 11k I think we had a lot of stuff holding us back over the years villa stuff up,Cahill stuff up, Bruno stuff up, lampard blocked transfer and Joyce . 

Now we have some momentum we’re in a final we have key players like delbridge, brilliante, noone and mclaren. Hopefully we can lift on Sunday 

1 hour ago, citypool said:

15/16 we were averaging 11k I think we had a lot of stuff holding us back over the years villa stuff up,Cahill stuff up, Bruno stuff up, lampard blocked transfer and Joyce . 

Now we have some momentum we’re in a final we have key players like delbridge, brilliante, noone and mclaren. Hopefully we can lift on Sunday 

I'd expect an update to membership statistics on the League website soon.

I don't know what you are referring to when you say "averaging 11k." If we ignore home Derbies, which since 11/12 have alternated between one and two per season, our highest average attendance was in 16/17 (9,417), and that was also the season for our highest membership, which reached 13,078 when all the specials were counted.

Since those highs both numbers have fallen, as have home Derby attendances. I think all of us can point to the various club-specific factors that have contributed to the decline in interest in the club.

I don't know the stats for the other clubs, but my gut feeling is that there has been a general decline in interest in the League over the same period.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'd expect an update to membership statistics on the League website soon.

I don't know what you are referring to when you say "averaging 11k." If we ignore home Derbies, which since 11/12 have alternated between one and two per season, our highest average attendance was in 16/17 (9,417), and that was also the season for our highest membership, which reached 13,078 when all the specials were counted.

Since those highs both numbers have fallen, as have home Derby attendances. I think all of us can point to the various club-specific factors that have contributed to the decline in interest in the club.

I don't know the stats for the other clubs, but my gut feeling is that there has been a general decline in interest in the League over the same period.

Interesting that Saturday was the first time we sold out our Etihad allocation since 2015, yet the crowd was one of the lowest at Etihad overall. Obv Victory fans a bit disenfranchised atm, be interesting to see what we drag on Sunday.

Pretty underwhelming Round 1 crowds across the board tbh. The only two games that cracked 10k were the Derby which was well-under its average pull, and the Wanderers home game which only drew 17k - disappointing for the opening game of a brand new stadium. 

The complete lack of marketing until literally a week ago is obviously a big factor but yeah, disappointing.

Still think we can get 10k this weekend though, City fans seem to be more optimistic about this season than most given how crap the last couple of years have been for many.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nate said:

Pretty underwhelming Round 1 crowds across the board tbh. The only two games that cracked 10k were the Derby which was well-under its average pull, and the Wanderers home game which only drew 17k - disappointing for the opening game of a brand new stadium. 

The complete lack of marketing until literally a week ago is obviously a big factor but yeah, disappointing.

Still think we can get 10k this weekend though, City fans seem to be more optimistic about this season than most given how crap the last couple of years have been for many.

I find the whole "new FFA" thing completely underwhelming. What the League has this season is a lame duck administrative team - Gallop (who finishes at FFA next month) and O'Rourke et al - all aware that they won't be involved in managing the League from next season onwards. Why would we expect them to care much about what happens this season?

The new administration should have come into effect ready for this season. FMD, it's not as if we have  such a short off-season that there's not enough time to get things organised.

Next Sunday will be a bellwether for interest in City this season, and for the attraction of 4.00 pm Sunday kick-offs. The opening matches in the past two seasons have drawn 9,589 and 12,086 respectively.

• jw1739 pinned this topic