Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

Just received my membership pack. Like the scarf and the 10 yr foundation member pin as well as 2 extra tickets for sitting in GA. There was a small fan included that plugs into your phone to cool u down on hot days. Maybe a beer voucher would have been a more environment friendly alternative. The only other thing that I wish they had included was the good ole fridge magnet with the schedule on it. Next year please guys, I'm very fond of my fridge.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kiko said:

Just received my membership pack. Like the scarf and the 10 yr foundation member pin as well as 2 extra tickets for sitting in GA. There was a small fan included that plugs into your phone to cool u down on hot days. Maybe a beer voucher would have been a more environment friendly alternative. The only other thing that I wish they had included was the good ole fridge magnet with the schedule on it. Next year please guys, I'm very fond of my fridge.

Positives, like the scarf and pin. Comments, my other half would ike a choice between a scarf and a cap (and would prefer the latter), the fan is a bit of crap, and we really valued the fridge magnet fixture list. And a bit of red on the scarf wouldn't have gone amiss, especially in this 10th anniversary year... 

17 hours ago, citypool said:

I like the membership pack it came before the season starts as well thumbs up

FTFY

In all seriousness though, I completely agree - I'm actually so glad it's out early

26 minutes ago, kiko said:

Fairly solid pack, just wish they would still include the season fixtures fridge magnetic in it

• Like 1

The fan is a piece of unnecessary Chinese-made plastic shit that the world should be eliminating. Black mark for the club on that.

Don't agree with those wanting a 'fridge magnet either. Type the fixtures on to a piece of paper and attach it to your 'fridge with a small button magnet. Both completely recyclable.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

The fan is a piece of unnecessary Chinese-made plastic shit that the world should be eliminating. Black mark for the club on that.

Don't agree with those wanting a 'fridge magnet either. Type the fixtures on to a piece of paper and attach it to your 'fridge with a small button magnet. Both completely recyclable.

Very true JW. I shall try not to miss my fridge magnet and I will feel virtuous. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

for those of us who like having a physical fixture list around the house / on the fridge, a magnet is a magnet in my view - doesnt matter how you get the fixture list on the fridge you'll still need a magnet (be it from a club magnet or you needing to get one from elsewhere). so dont really see how its a waste.

while it might put me in a minority, I love getting the fridge magnet as it (a) allows me to put a fixture list on the fridge without having to double handle myself and print lists out, and (b) allows me to use the magnet to keep other bits of paperwork on the fridge too (ie upcoming bills, flyers, invites, those free tickets we also received!!!).  

• Like 1

On 24/09/2019 at 6:00 PM, jw1739 said:

If 3,000 people are going to be gifted a membership, then we should see an immediate increment in our numbers. I very much doubt that we will see that.

At the moment we are about 800 behind where we were at this time last year.

Well I have to hand it to the club.

Only 800 behind after 2 years with Tom Riddle as gaffer? That is an incredible achievement. They must have worked their backsides off!

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Well I have to hand it to the club.

Only 800 behind after 2 years with Tom Riddle as gaffer? That is an incredible achievement. They must have worked their backsides off!

I reckon praise also goes to the City diehards, sure we all grizzle and groan but we'll keep turning up week after week.

Said it before and I'll say it again, I wish for a shallow grave to all West Melbourne turncoats who say the club as an easy out.

• Like 1

...and it will keep falling until there's a good reason for it to increase. We've changed the seating arrangements, have discounts all over the place, but all those do is slow the rate of attrition and they do not of themselves lead to an increase. IMO we've reached the point that only a couple of league trophies or a really big name player will do it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kiko said:

Great entertainment week in week out culminating in a championship. And I reckon a family friendly fixture as well.

I think the fixture has been vastly improved for this season honestly, and it's got me a lot more eager than usual with lots of Sunday games at reasonable kick-off times.

(having a new manager who's not a boring, sabotaging shitcunt helps too)

If Luna and Cabrera turn out to be above-average foreign imports, then I'm expecting a great season by our shitty standards.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nate said:

If Luna and Cabrera turn out to be above-average foreign imports, then I'm expecting a great season by our shitty standards.

These two aren’t in the lineup at the start of the season by the looks, so can only impact of the bench. You need put your money on Noone, Brillante and Maclaren to be firing.

Edited by Mr MO

On 25/09/2019 at 12:26 PM, fensaddler said:

Positives, like the scarf and pin. Comments, my other half would ike a choice between a scarf and a cap (and would prefer the latter), the fan is a bit of crap, and we really valued the fridge magnet fixture list. And a bit of red on the scarf wouldn't have gone amiss, especially in this 10th anniversary year... 

@fensaddler There is actually a tiny little red heart in the middle of the "0" on the "10 years 2009-2019" patch.

I'm thinking about trying out my cutting and sewing skills, and sacrificing the scarf issued with my Membership, and trying to cut out and then sew the various patches on to my favourite scarf of all time and the one I always wear - the so called "Club Scarf" of 3(?) seasons ago with R&W on one side and B&W on the other.

• Haha 1

My membership came yesterday. Last week i called the club to change seats one isle down. Was told by ryan at the membership dep that when the membership card comes to dispose of it straight away and wait for the new card to come with the updated new seat & isle number. I havent disposed of the card yet and have used the barcode to purchase derby tickets. Is it possible that the card will still be active once the new membership card arrives? I am surprised that its still active and allowed me to purchase derby tickets.

1 hour ago, Forever City said:

I haven't received the email yet. Hopefully it will be sent by next week!

@Forever City If it were me I would be giving Ryan in the Membership Department a call on Monday to follow-up. Don't leave it too late. If you give him time he can always make arrangements for you to get you into the first home match if your membership pack is delayed.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I could be abusive @Tony999 but I'll restrain myself. I'm disappointed by your remark. And I'm no nutter, leftie or greenie, but rather someone from industry who worked in the environmental management field for quite a few years.

I think that the whole world knows by now that pollution by plastic is a major global problem. I was disappointed to see the (unnecessary) plastic fan in this season’s membership kit, and also the use of plastic film bags, the latter not currently recyclable.

The problem with global issues is that people tend to look for someone else to find a global solution, and that very rarely happens. There is no magic bullet, no single, simple solution. Solutions and leadership have to come from individuals and individual organizations before they will gain momentum and spread.

Thunberg is speaking for her generation, and those to follow, who wish for a habitable planet to live on. If you have expect future generations of your family to follow you, you'd do well to listen to what she says. Take your mockery elsewhere. 

......So Happy Together!

In all seriousness - Props.

Edited by JMSTEP123

Australia to lose Auto-ACL spot...

Australia has slipped below Thailand in qualifying for automatic Asian Champions League places.

Currently it sits at two (Auto) places and one (playoff) place, however due to recent poor performances by Australian clubs as of 2021 Australia will receive only one auto qualification place and two play-off places.

9 hours ago, bt50 said:

Australia has slipped below Thailand in qualifying for automatic Asian Champions League places.

Currently it sits at two (Auto) places and one (playoff) place, however due to recent poor performances by Australian clubs as of 2021 Australia will receive only one auto qualification place and two play-off places.

wow that's horrendous

10 hours ago, bt50 said:

Leave it to us to have our best ever season, get a player off spot (former auto spot). But then lose in the play off to some backwater semi pro SE Asian team.

12 hours ago, bt50 said:

@bt50 Which club does the automatic place go to - Premier or "Champion"? IMO it should be the Premier.

4 hours ago, Harrison said:

That’s interesting. Would’ve thought it was the Champions. I guess they need to give the Premiers a proper reward.

I guess it’s because finals series don’t really exist in other countries. Recognised champion is the team on top at seasons end.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic