Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

On 5/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, fensaddler said:

Indeed, it's difficult to have a view on facilities for children when I've never attended with children, just as those who don't use the club shop can hardly have a view on whether or not its any cop. 

Totally agree, its ok for family members but not everyone. My wife still gets these surveys but she left at the same time as me . I duly filled it out for her and left some comments about the style of play and the so called coach .

4 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Sign me up MCFC x 4! My bro will sign up too now after 8 years in the wilderness..

I think i will wait until the new coach is announced and then maybe !!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a discount code?

I’ve used LATROBE1 for the past 3 years to get 20% off but no luck this year 

Considering full price is $22 a game is expensive. You can get $25 tickets through Telstra plus all the free promotions. Would be cheaper to by each game by itself rather then being a member.

12 hours ago, steven_92 said:

Anyone got a discount code?

I’ve used LATROBE1 for the past 3 years to get 20% off but no luck this year 

Considering full price is $22 a game is expensive. You can get $25 tickets through Telstra plus all the free promotions. Would be cheaper to by each game by itself rather then being a member.

Call up the club to process your Latrobe discount. Being an ex-student I get 20% off for myself and all my family members.

29 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

This club sometimes.....it's like they wait for us to enjoy something and then take it away. Melbourne Heart, Sausage Stand, Fernando Brandan and now the custom membership cards.

1st error of new CEO. Obviously it's not his decision directly and there must have been a reasoning behind it. But the personalised card was a great initiative now if it's been axed that's just dumb.

I'm really interested to see what transpires. 

46 minutes ago, Jovan said:

1st error of new CEO. Obviously it's not his decision directly and there must have been a reasoning behind it. But the personalised card was a great initiative now if it's been axed that's just dumb.

LOL. It is probably in direct respobse to everyone bitchibg about memberships being sent out late

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I would suggest that the rationale was cost. TBH, I'm surprised there's even a choice from 5. Any organisation I've ever belonged to that issues membership cards doesn't give members any choice whatsoever. You get the card for the current year and that's that.

11 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Call up the club to process your Latrobe discount. Being an ex-student I get 20% off for myself and all my family members.

Thanks mate
What do you need to provide?
I never attended La Trobe. I'm just a tight arse who has been using the code :) 

53 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

had someone from the club call and talk about the membership upgrade and if I wanted to renew with auto renew, I said no and he didn't even ask why. this club does my head in 

I changed my details to "auto-renew" for next season and received confirmation that as Foundation Members we will receive 10% discount.

It's not all bad news.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

had someone from the club call and talk about the membership upgrade and if I wanted to renew with auto renew, I said no and he didn't even ask why. this club does my head in 

Why does that do your head in? He's not your psychologist. 

I remember back in my days of sales if someone said no straight away to not probe, as you don't know if their reason is personal/financial and you didn't want to embarrass the customer.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bob Latchford said:

Why does that do your head in? He's not your psychologist. 

I remember back in my days of sales if someone said no straight away to not probe, as you don't know if their reason is personal/financial and you didn't want to embarrass the customer.

Thrillhouse = financial. 

3 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

Do they know how members feel about the club or are they just clueless? Atleast seem interested in trying to get members to stick around

IMO they're very much aware of what has happened over the past two seasons. There's been a redistribution of seats between the various grades of membership - effectively a cost reduction for some categories, and there's the 10% discount for Foundation Members. And we've seen several statements to the effect that we want to play a more free-flowing style of football into the future. And I think you'll find that the membership guy (Ryan) is prepared to listen to what you've got to say. Why not give it a go instead of the straight out "no."

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO they're very much aware of what has happened over the past two seasons. There's been a redistribution of seats between the various grades of membership - effectively a cost reduction for some categories, and there's the 10% discount for Foundation Members. And we've seen several statements to the effect that we want to play a more free-flowing style of football into the future. And I think you'll find that the membership guy (Ryan) is prepared to listen to what you've got to say. Why not give it a go instead of the straight out "no."

99% sure it wasn’t Ryan. He’s been great on the phone previously. Not gonna give it a go and pay everything when my interest in the league and club is hardly there. I’ll wait. 

16 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

99% sure it wasn’t Ryan. He’s been great on the phone previously. Not gonna give it a go and pay everything when my interest in the league and club is hardly there. I’ll wait. 

I reckon Ryan got let go because he actually started to believe that the negative supporters sentiment was actually real - despite management saying we are on the right track all is good!

I watched the first episode of the hit series Chernobyl last night, I can imagine the CFG management in the past seasons was acting in the same way as the Ukranians - Just deny that there is something seriously wrong with the nuclear power plant, keep telling yourself all is under control and perfectly in order.

It is crisis at CFG at the moment as their proposed plans for European higher level feeder clubs in Girona and NAC Breda has failed miserably - both teams got relegated and the clubs are in shambles. 

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

I reckon Ryan got let go because he actually started to believe that the negative supporters sentiment was actually real - despite management saying we are on the right track all is good!

I watched the first episode of the hit series Chernobyl last night, I can image the CFG management in the past seasons was acting in the same way as the Ukranians - Just deny that there is something seriously wrong with the nuclear power plant, keep telling yourself all is under control and perfectly in order.

It is crisis at CFG at the moment as their proposed plans for European higher level feeder clubs in Girona and NAC Breda has failed miserably - both teams got relegated and the clubs are in shambles. 

Ryan is still very much with the club. I dealt with him yesterday.

Chances are i will sign up again......but I dislike the constant value erosion of season ticket holders. With the introduction of the new 10 GA membership category, its far more economical as well as flexible for my mates and i to buy a couple of 10-passes, share them around and then get 3-game or 5-game memberships later if we feel like it. Just go to the games we want.

Not really an advantage to getting a season pass anymore unless you really like your seat. 

I suggested in one of the surveys that they should do a season member + top deal (e.g. offer a deal of $290 for City Blue + special rate of $60 for the new season strip). That way you give extra value to full season members and you fill the stands with City colours.

1 hour ago, Tangerine said:

Chances are i will sign up again......but I dislike the constant value erosion of season ticket holders. With the introduction of the new 10 GA membership category, its far more economical as well as flexible for my mates and i to buy a couple of 10-passes, share them around and then get 3-game or 5-game memberships later if we feel like it. Just go to the games we want.

Not really an advantage to getting a season pass anymore unless you really like your seat. 

I suggested in one of the surveys that they should do a season member + top deal (e.g. offer a deal of $290 for City Blue + special rate of $60 for the new season strip). That way you give extra value to full season members and you fill the stands with City colours.

I don't have a problem with what you propose to do. As I see it, the more options there are the more likely that people are going to attend. I buy a season ticket because I intend to go to all the matches and I like my seat and the friends I meet at the match. It's horses for courses as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

Would I not be considered a foundation member if I wasn’t a member for a year? I was a member in our foundation year but haven’t seen any comms on how to redeem the 10%?

Perhaps I’ll just need to wait for the Father’s Day discount again!

On 5/21/2019 at 8:18 AM, Tony999 said:

You get a 20% for being La Trobe alumni? 

Why was I never made aware of this lol.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Would I not be considered a foundation member if I wasn’t a member for a year? I was a member in our foundation year but haven’t seen any comms on how to redeem the 10%?

Perhaps I’ll just need to wait for the Father’s Day discount again!

@Deluka Call Ryan and put it to him. I'd be surprised if he refuses to give you something. Say you were overseas or interstate or something for the missing season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

Membership team called me today. Said it was 1st July IIRC

Yep. I've dug up an e-mail that says 1st July.

Also the card I received today says, in the fine print, "If you would like to make changes to your City opt-in membership, please call 1300-255-432 before June 3                                            0, 2019." Also that payments start in July.

Bear in mind also that 28th and 29th June are Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by jw1739

• 2 weeks later...

I moved my fridge today to fix the shelf above it and found all the Melbourne Heart/City magnets on the side which was up against the wall (so I forgot about them) so I thought I put them all in a row to see how they've evolved over the seasons...did we get magnets for the first two Heart seasons 2010/11 and 2011/12? If so, does anyone still have them?

5d0f3e5a320a8_HeartMagnets.thumb.jpg.a197c6e5690b9ae6fd0effebef6f8bdc.jpg

I like how CFG kept some red in the first season they took over...then it went all navy blue :droy:

Edited by Red or Dead
  • Like 4

Just want to advise anyone on here who is a Victorian Seniors Card holder, or eligible for one but hasn't bothered to get one, that the club is offering a significant  "Seniors' discount" on membership fees for next season. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere, but it's there, and all that's required is a call or e-mail to the Membership Department.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, silloth52 said:

just renewed membership, was foundation member but got a dose of joycevirus last year, over it now, $180 concession (seniors card) city blue seat

We were in Premium A  with no concessions at all at $650 each until we moved to Blue two seasons ago.With the two concessions I can't see us ever relinquishing memberships at the rate we pay now. Fantastic bargain if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr MO It's hidden in the "Membership FAQs,"as follows:
image.thumb.png.7b0ff0bad9dff0228b54b365e9a0363a.png

image.thumb.png.8d5688e146108e1070940bba19ed4bc3.png

In summary, GA Family is 2 adults plus 4 juniors, while the reserved seat Family membership is 2+2. You can add extra seats to both as explained for an additional fee, and also cover 15,16, and 17 year-olds for an additional fee.

Hope this helps. If in any doubt call the Membership line.

• Thanks 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic