Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

14 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Somebody di say in this forum that they had spoken to city office and were told that the omission of the GA tickets were an oversight but that they would email them later.

How anything could be an overlooked in putting together a package that had barely anything in it in the first place beggars belief.

Edited by jw1739

I've been hassling them about not getting my personalised card,
"Thank you for your email - I'm awaiting word from our supplier about processing your reprint. Apologies for the delay, I'm going to press them to give me a date asap and will make sure a new card is delivered to you. They're just swamped with fulfillment which I expect is the reason for the lack of communication."

16 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We are 2,453 behind what we were two seasons ago. That's a serious decline in interest.

Concerning indeed, especially now that according this article most other clubs are well ahead of their last year’s tally.

Edited by Mr MO

Fact is Victory had their pegs in this soil long before us. They would have attracted the current interests and had huge numbers of invested people. With continued success they seem to the average football fan the one to go for.

Memberships will fluctuate. We should be aiming to 1. Attract currently interested but not yet passionate fans to join as members 2. Be the first choice when choosing a Melb team for newely interested people and 3. Maintaining dominance when signing players to put out attractive teams (something that will hopefully change IMO). I hope to see all members V sydney turn out. And chuck on a few more thousand casuals and families. Then capitalise by putting on a good display. World cup year means more interest. It is worth our efforts to play attractively and win.

IMO the "Victory was here first" argument is a cop out.

If I were in Mr. Munn's shoes I would be suggesting that the club form a Focus Group from existing members to explore ways of changing the dynamics (or perhaps that should be inertias) around City's membership and attendance numbers, because what's being done now by the club is not working.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If I were in Mr. Munn's shoes I would be suggesting that the club form a Focus Group from existing members to explore ways of changing the dynamics (or perhaps that should be inertias) around City's membership and attendance numbers, because what's being done now by the club is not working.

I dont disagree. My comments were not about looking backwards but forwards. To upgrade paying visitors to long term members (perhaps casual memberships for GA who pay a small fee for ongoing memberships and discounted tickets), and hit the newly world cup fever market by playing attractive football and capitalising on increased viewing.

I know we have not had a home game yet - but there seems to be a better vibe around A League football this season. I hope we see increased numbers. The spectacle in and of itself is just great for viewing irrespective of where your convictions lie.

48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Agree; if we as members had to make 5 focus points which we believe attracts new member as well as keep existing ones onboard. I can confidently say we might failing to meet these points.

In no particular order, in my opinion.

1. Community engagement- pass

2. A league succes - fail

3. Attractive football - fail

4. Contract big name players - fail

5. Lower ticket prices - fail

On 27/10/2018 at 3:25 PM, Mr MO said:

Agree; if we as members had to make 5 focus points which we believe attracts new member as well as keep existing ones onboard. I can confidently say we might failing to meet these points.

In no particular order, in my opinion.

1. Community engagement- pass

2. A league succes - fail

3. Attractive football - fail

4. Contract big name players - fail

5. Lower ticket prices - fail

Good effort. I would rate "community engagement" as a credit - but only as far as the "wider community" is concerned. As far as engagement with members, I'd say "fail." The FRG is essentially moribund, "City Voice" was a fail, Citizens and Citizens Points was a fail, endless surveys and no feedback is a fail, fuck-ups with membership packages is a fail, etc. etc.

Once we were cloned into Melchester City the writing was on the wall.

• Like 1

Out of interest, I've constructed a couple of graphs around membership and attendances for the last 5 seasons from available data. Membership numbers are end-of-season.

Our membership trend has been saw-tooth but upwards, as with most other clubs. Newy and CCM are flat-ish and AU bit of slump from 16/17 to 17/18.

31741224788_d02617d1a0_o.jpg

The following graph is the ratio of average season home ground attendance to season membership. A ratio of less than 1 means lower average attendance than membership.

We have generally struggled to rise consistently above 1. Victory and WSW in the same boat. Other clubs are able to drag non-members to games.

Most clubs struggled last season to drag punters to games compared to the previous season. In Melbourne, for both us and Victory, membership is a reasonably good indicator of season average attendance.

45613450751_71e4ccb2a0_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

The following graph is the ratio of average season home ground attendance to season membership. A ratio of less than 1 means lower average attendance than membership.

We have generally struggled to rise consistently above 1. Victory and WSW in the same boat. Other clubs are able to drag non-members to games.

Most clubs struggled last season to drag punters to games compared to the previous season. In Melbourne, for both us and Victory, membership is a reasonably good indicator of season average attendance.

45613450751_71e4ccb2a0_o.jpg

The main reason for some teams getting more non-members than members to games is due to seating availability.

But our stat is very concerning. Its just supports the statement that we have about 8000 rusted on supporters. In recent seasons, the number of walk ins have decreased but these 8000 still remain.

11 hours ago, haz said:

The main reason for some teams getting more non-members than members to games is due to seating availability.

But our stat is very concerning. Its just supports the statement that we have about 8000 rusted on supporters. In recent seasons, the number of walk ins have decreased but these 8000 still remain.

And I'd love to know how many of the "rusted-on 8000" are actually former Melbourne Heart members. Methinks quite a few are.

Geez I dunno why I love this club sometimes 

I still havnt received my membership, I rang the club today and their response was we hope it gets there by Friday night. Give us a call back Thursday if it hasn't come. How hard can it be to send memberships out before the season especially when you renew months before the season starts 

22 hours ago, neio said:

Geez I dunno why I love this club sometimes 

I still havnt received my membership, I rang the club today and their response was we hope it gets there by Friday night. Give us a call back Thursday if it hasn't come. How hard can it be to send memberships out before the season especially when you renew months before the season starts 

@neio This is the sort of thing that really pisses people off. What the response should be is to say that they have confirmed that the package was despatched on a certain date, and apologise for it not being received by you. They should also e-mail you a print-at-home ticket for your reserved seat (if you have one) that is valid for all home matches, with the proviso that the ticket and your membership card cannot be used at the same match - this would allow you to attend matches until the membership card, or a replacement card actually arrives. They should also follow-up what the hell has happened, and issue a replacement card if the package cannot be traced.

It's no wonder that City struggles for membership when it can't get these basic things correct. It's not rocket science.

9411. Now only 660 or so down on this time last season.

Great to have the opportunity to get member pre-sale guest tickets for the Christmas Derby. Obtained two, for my sister-in-law and niece who will be here for Christmas - just across the aisle from us and one row down.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, johnno cpfc said:

and if we lose tomorrow it will be 9600  and we have been members since day one.

I really wish people in this forum (and the wider City fanbase in general) would stop holding their memberships to ransom.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IssySG said:

I really wish people in this forum (and the wider City fanbase in general) would stop holding their memberships to ransom.

Why so? If members feel like they have been taken for a ride and not seriously then i can totally understand and empathise with people who feel the need to get a point across.

Unfortunately it has been over a year of this and what else can we do to be listened to? CFG dont care about Melb City supporters, they care about the goal of being a farm to help the FFP rules for Man City. And that annoys me to no end 

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic