Melbourne Football
jw1739

Memberships

Dylan    4,132
7 minutes ago, Jovan said:

My basic point is that after 30 years or more of time money and effort invested in the game at many levels this person has every right to criticise or whinge. And the put up or shut up notion is wrong in this scenario. 

Look at least Hypothetical Jovan here ;) issnt one of those twats like Mark Van Aitken or that Adam Howard who think that an Aleague club is somehow illegitimate (they also reserve a particularly nasty hatred toward us because we are foreign owned and have only come onto the scene recently) because they weren't in the NSL.

Edited by Dylan

bt50    3,251
4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

My basic point is that after 30 years or more of time money and effort invested in the game at many levels this person has every right to criticise or whinge. And the put up or shut up notion is wrong in this scenario. 

Yeh i think we'll have to agree to disagree there tbh. Obv you'd want to be a bit smarter (less blunt) around how you say it, but in my book if you want your say to be acknowledged, you pretty much need to be a member.

• Like 1

belaguttman    3,757
7 hours ago, Dylan said:

You should name names on the next podcast ;) But completely agree. I have seen so many comments on how people hate 'franchises' and 'modern football' etc etc but then use bullshit marketing buzzwords like 'building a brand' and 'product' when explaining why they don't or won't sign up, go to games or to criticise a club :droy:

I'm happy to put my name to it, I was a foundation season ticket holder as were the rest of my family, we haven't renewed this season and won't until I can see some evidence of progression on all the same old issues that have been there since day 1. I'm still supporting the 3 City teams and still have a Foxtel subscription. If I can see some change I'm in.

I'm just sick of ending so many weekends angry, of making the effort to get to games just to watch the same old same old

• Like 1

KSK_47    5,498

Cane home to find my membership pack on the bench waiting for me but my son didn't get his. Hopefully it's on the way.

n i k o    4,818

Credit to the club for the quality scarf. And if it was going to be all sky blue I'm glad they've opted for the stripes. 

neio    466

Got mine as well

I feel like I'm going to be alone here but I don't like the scarf, much preferred last year's. Especially the material

neio    466
22 minutes ago, Dylan said:

pic of the scarf for those whom had their membership sent to the wrong address?

IMAG0009.jpg

• Like 3

Jovan    2,977

Doesn't matter about the coach, the Marquee as long as the pin collection continues. My biggest regret (a part from not nailing that chick in high school) was becoming a member in season two and never having that foundation pin.

• Like 1

haz    1,993

Its depressing, had a nice couple of pins but havnt had a membership for last season and this season (due to location reasons) so now im missing out.    It hurts

• Like 1

bt50    3,251
58 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Doesn't matter about the coach, the Marquee as long as the pin collection continues. My biggest regret (a part from not nailing that chick in high school) was becoming a member in season two and never having that foundation pin.

Pretty sure my heart season two pin is buried 6 inches into the hallowed turf at aami after it flew off from excessive scarf swinging following Our Lord and Saviour Jason Hoffman scoring against wsw one night. The only night i ever truly walked in a Hoffman Wonderland, albeit for only 10 min.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 4

haz    1,993
37 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

The plastic packaging was the show stopper this season :tooth:

37307021331_5fe861ca7e_b.jpg

Wish we could have personalised the packaging like the Cards....

haz    1,993
8 minutes ago, carlings said:

Overall a decent pack but no bumper sticker or recognition of how many years (of torture) a member. 

Just count the scars on your wrist

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tony999    1,329
9 hours ago, carlings said:

Overall a decent pack but no bumper sticker or recognition of how many years (of torture) a member. 

No bumper sticker? Really?

• Like 1

Cloughie    148

No bumper sticker is yet another reason why all people in Marketing should be first against the wall come the next revolution.

How stupid can you get? Every sticker on a car is a floating advertisement for the club and it costs SFA. Hell, for bang for your buck they should be printing thousands of the bloody things and giving them away in droves at games.

• Like 1

n i k o    4,818

Have to admit the lack of bumper sticker is a huge fail. Not sure what they were thinking when they decided not to include one. 

• Like 3

jeffplz    805

Anyone else from outer suburbs still waiting for theirs? I'm only 25kms from the CBD.. even closer to Bundoora.

Dylan    4,132
38 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Anyone else from outer suburbs still waiting for theirs? I'm only 25kms from the CBD.. even closer to Bundoora.

It probably got stolen from the letter box if you are out there 

• Like 3

japiedog    766
1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

I'm 30kms from CBD

one members pack arrived yesterday, one more to come , same address , why they are not in the same package?

Tony999    1,329

i haven't received my pack yet but I can't believe there is no sticker! So that means all the members making their way to to AAMI park with their cars will have "Member 2016/207" or prior? This would be the first item on the checklist when sending out a members pack. Mind boggling really!

Beavers    2
7 hours ago, jeffplz said:

I'm in Coburg mate and nothing out here, says its on the way but who knows when.

Edited by Beavers