Jump to content
Melbourne Football
jw1739

Memberships

Recommended Posts

Tony999    1,329

Just got a call from MCFC asking me why my wife has not renewed. Anyone else getting calls why they haven;t renewed? For the record, we have a newborn hence why she has not renewed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjake1234    224
On 09/15/2017 at 0:24 PM, jw1739 said:

Last year 8,531.

With our uninspiring signings and lack of any worthwhile news, I am surprised we are even that close to last year's tally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,132
1 minute ago, mjake1234 said:

With our uninspiring signings and lack of any worthwhile news, I am surprised we are even that close to last year's tally.

Well that just indicates we have increased our rusted on support, which can only be a good thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,132

FWIW I looked back to last year and it seems they started sending them out on the 22nd of Sep. I assume its going to be the same this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984
7 minutes ago, Dylan said:

FWIW I looked back to last year and it seems they started sending them out on the 22nd of Sep. I assume its going to be the same this year.

I do think that the club could provide a little more information on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

FWIW I looked back to last year and it seems they started sending them out on the 22nd of Sep. I assume its going to be the same this year.

Ive always found it to be a funny thing people get worked up over. As long as you can get in without hassle to the first game who gives a shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jovan    2,977
1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Ive always found it to be a funny thing people get worked up over. As long as you can get in without hassle to the first game who gives a shit.

It's only natural people get antsy if they have paid for something and not got what they paid for. Especially if the season starts within a few weeks. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984
Just now, Jovan said:

It's only natural people get antsy if they have paid for something and not got what they paid for. Especially if the season starts within a few weeks. 

And, unusually, we happen to be not at home for a period before the Brisbane match. I've taken steps to have the mail looked after, but a little anxiety is perhaps forgivable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
15 minutes ago, Jovan said:

It's only natural people get antsy if they have paid for something and not got what they paid for. Especially if the season starts within a few weeks. 

 

 

Sure, but if you will get it and you wont be affected by waiting until the week of the first game to receive it, why worry and go agro over it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,132
Just now, bt50 said:

Sure, but if you will get it and you wont be affected by waiting until the week of the first game to receive it, why worry and go agro over it?

I just get bored with the off season and wouldn't mind something flashy to look at to tide me over. But I agree, it doesn't really make a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
Just now, Dylan said:

I just get bored with the off season and wouldn't mind something flashy to look at to tide me over. But I agree, it doesn't really make a difference.

The instant gratification generation im afraid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,132
5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

The instant gratification generation im afraid

did you walk 15 miles bare foot, in the snow to get to school too?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jovan    2,977
18 minutes ago, Dylan said:

did you walk 15 miles bare foot, in the snow to get to school too?

Uphill. Don't forget Uphill. 

Kids of today. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
41 minutes ago, Dylan said:

did you walk 15 miles bare foot, in the snow to get to school too?

No. I was subjected to Paul's Milk Mornings though. 

Vale Humanity.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neio    466

The club called me last week about something and then told me memberships would be sent out the end of this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hakz7    1,410

Didn't wanna create a match thread just yet. But has anyone bought active tickets for the derby with their membership barcodes today? It doesn't let you enter two different barcodes for the same transaction on the page so you can't select more than one seat. I don't wanna pay separate handling fees so was wondering if anyone figured it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartOfCity    300
8 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Didn't wanna create a match thread just yet. But has anyone bought active tickets for the derby with their membership barcodes today? It doesn't let you enter two different barcodes for the same transaction on the page so you can't select more than one seat. I don't wanna pay separate handling fees so was wondering if anyone figured it out.

Hey man a mate had to call up because of the same issue, its sorted now because he bought the tickets over the phone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984
2 minutes ago, HeartLand said:

Anyone know how much longer it takes for your membership to be delivered if you get a custom card?

I would think that they are all being sent out over the next few days. Have you received the e-mail saying yours is on its way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sharpy    1,390

I have zero intention of buying a membership, our squad looks shit and we've done nothing to generate excitement.

Defence has certainly improved but we still look meh. Hope I'm proven wrong.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haz    1,993
5 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Progression ?

image.png.c8c53463b879c5ca8304c9083b2855f0.png

This clearly shows how success will bring you members (and crowds) most of last season we were tied with Sydney on numbers. But now we are 3000 behind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Afif Adam    14
1 minute ago, haz said:

This clearly shows how success will bring you members (and crowds) most of last season we were tied with Sydney on numbers. But now we are 3000 behind

agreed, already blew the chance on defending the cup but we dont have to talk 'bout it anymore.... /:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sharpy    1,390

You know what though, if we put a consistently successful team on the park then we'd generate more members.

Problem is that our team is shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embee    2,325
3 hours ago, Jovan said:

All those membership figures show is how piss poor the League actually is.

 

Not targeting anyone individually with this post, but for me it's more reflective of how piss poor the support in this league is rather than the league itself.

It's not exclusive to our club either, a large number of football supporters in this country seem to be more than comfortable to throw in the towel on their membership (or simply never sign up for one) unless the club is being run exactly as they feel it should be or is constantly pulling silverware. People are so quick to blame the governing bodies and clubs in this country for the lack of growth in the league, but at the end of the day if you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is and support your club in the stands and in the membership stakes then you're only stunting the growth of your club and in turn your own national competition.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
6 minutes ago, Embee said:

Not targeting anyone individually with this post, but for me it's more reflective of how piss poor the support in this league is rather than the league itself.

It's not exclusive to our club either, a large number of supporters in this league seem to be more than comfortable to throw in the towel on their membership (or simply never sign up for one) unless the club is being run exactly as they feel it should be or is constantly pulling silverware. People are so quick to blame the governing bodies and clubs in this country for the lack of growth in the league, but at the end of the day if you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is and support your club in the stands and in the membership stakes then you're only stunting the growth of your club and in term your own national league.

100% this. IMO you forfeit your right to whinge somewhat if you're not a member. Doesnt mean your opinion isnt right, but its hard to argue you have the best interests of your club at heart if you're not.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,132
3 minutes ago, Embee said:

Not targeting anyone individually with this post, but for me it's more reflective of how piss poor the support in this league is rather than the league itself.

It's not exclusive to our club either, a large number of football supporters in this country seem to be more than comfortable to throw in the towel on their membership (or simply never sign up for one) unless the club is being run exactly as they feel it should be or is constantly pulling silverware. People are so quick to blame the governing bodies and clubs in this country for the lack of growth in the league, but at the end of the day if you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is and support your club in the stands and in the membership stakes then you're only stunting the growth of your club and in turn your own national competition.

You should name names on the next podcast ;) But completely agree. I have seen so many comments on how people hate 'franchises' and 'modern football' etc etc but then use bullshit marketing buzzwords like 'building a brand' and 'product' when explaining why they don't or won't sign up, go to games or to criticise a club :droy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Torn Asunder    1,314

The numbers are what they are because the product is mostly only available through an overpriced pay TV subscription, and given the standard of the comp, which is generally sub-par in comparison to more well known leagues.  It is hard for a lot of people who love the game to pay money to support a restricted team in what they view as an inferior comp.  If FFA released the shackles and let the clubs have more options to improve the product and create a team that is genuinely competitive in Asia, support would grow much quicker, rather than the current slow burn. We would see higher quality players come into the game, lifting the standard all round.  

If the Socceroos do not make the World Cup, and the current limitations remain in place, growth in support for the A-League may even go backward, although the Matildas are a beacon of hope at the moment.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jovan    2,977
48 minutes ago, bt50 said:

100% this. IMO you forfeit your right to whinge somewhat if you're not a member. Doesnt mean your opinion isnt right, but its hard to argue you have the best interests of your club at heart if you're not.

So for argument sake lets take a hypothetical situation.

A bloke in his 40s has grown up going to old NSL and has played regularly and continues to play and coach (not very well) has been an A League season ticket holder for six consecutive seasons even held a family season ticket but gets to the point where he's jacked off with the League and lesser his club decides to no longer renew. Has he in your opinion lose the right to criticise? 

Edited by Jovan
Fwiw I have renewed this season but it wasn't an easy choice and it's deteriorating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
9 minutes ago, Jovan said:

So for argument sake lets take a hypothetical situation.

A bloke in his 40s has grown up going to old NSL and has played regularly and continues to play and coach (not very well) has been an A League season ticket holder for six consecutive seasons even held a family season ticket but gets to the point where he's jacked off with the League and lesser his club decides to no longer renew. Has he in your opinion lose the right to criticise? 

Look he has every right to give up membership or whatever he likes, but imo loses the right to a certain degree of respect from paying members when preaching to everyone about whats good for the game etc. It's hard to take anyone seriously that wants to complain about the clubs, the FFA and what they are doing to the game when they have their own self-interest in front of the club to start with.

And look thats ok, some people are just theatre goers, some people lose interest, some have tight budgets, others have kids and family and can't spend the time there. Nothing wrong with any of that. But spare me the bullshit (not aimed at you btw) about not being fair-weather when you stop paying for a membership based on lists, league or club issues.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jovan    2,977
6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Look he has every right to give up membership or whatever he likes, but imo loses the right to a certain degree of respect from paying members when preaching to everyone about whats good for the game etc. It's hard to take anyone seriously that wants to complain about the clubs, the FFA and what they are doing to the game when they have their own self-interest in front of the club to start with.

And look thats ok, some people are just theatre goers, some people lose interest, some have tight budgets, others have kids and family and can't spend the time there. Nothing wrong with any of that. But spare me the bullshit (not aimed at you btw) about not being fair-weather when you stop paying for a membership based on lists, league or club issues.

My basic point is that after 30 years or more of time money and effort invested in the game at many levels this person has every right to criticise or whinge. And the put up or shut up notion is wrong in this scenario. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×