Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

On 3/15/2017 at 11:02 PM, Thrillhouse said:

missed out on the chat cause of work,
did you do it @jw1739

Yes. Sent you a PM.

It was 12.00 on 18th March 2016 that the club launched memberships for season 2016/17. The number as of 18th March 2017 (now) is 13,073.

About 3,600 more than last season (15/16), and about 1,400 more than season 2014/15.

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Yes. Sent you a PM.

It was 12.00 on 18th March 2016 that the club launched memberships for season 2016/17. The number as of 18th March 2017 (now) is 13,073.

About 3,600 more than last season (15/16), and about 1,400 more than season 2014/15.

Pity those people don't attend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Early bird info being released.  Got the e-mail,for City Gold Family price up to $1,345 ($122.77 per month) from $1,225. $96 for a family per game ....  Price increase of $120, about 9% ...

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/signed-up-with-city-opt-in-you-dont-have-to-do-anything/1vtdhcwtj1plt1i4j9knq6pela

Thursday, 6 April 2017 -

If you're a General Admission member and joined the City Family in on the City Opt-In auto renewal plan, we’ve got you covered!

We’ve witnessed some amazing moments together this season, none of which could have been possible without your support as a valued member of the City Family.

As part of your City Opt-In payment plan, your membership will automatically roll over for the 2017/18 season, guaranteeing your membership at the most affordable Early Bird Price.

Be with us for every moment, every match and every season to enjoy a range of exclusive member benefits, including:

• Access to 12 regular home matches at AAMI Park

• An exclusive priority window to upgrade to a reserved seat for two home Melbourne Derbies

• Access to exclusive member events and money-can’t-buy experiences.

• FREE entry to all our Westfield W-League and National Youth League home matches.

• Priority access to Finals Series tickets, should City participate,

• Two free General Admission tickets to share with family and friends*

• 10% discount on merchandise purchased online at the City Shop

The first payment for your 2017/18 membership will be debited on 1 July 2017 from the credit card you currently have nominated.

Share the Passion

Can’t make the match? All City memberships are fully transferable, allowing your friends and family to fill your seat and experience an exciting match day at AAMI Park, just like you do.

Memberships are only transferable within the same age category:

• An Adult membership can be passed on to an Adult, Junior or Concession.

• A junior membership can only be passed on to a junior.

The Melbourne Derby

It’s the fixture every football fan in Melbourne has circled on their calendars, and next season we have two home Derbies at AAMI Park!

Please note, the Melbourne Derby is a fully ticketed event with no General Admission seating:

• General Admission members will have an exclusive member’s window to upgrade to a reserved seat for both home Derbies at the cost of a Ticketek booking fee.

• All reserved seat members will be able to watch the Melbourne Derby from their regular reserved seat.

Any questions?

If you would like to discuss your membership options or change your membership package, contact our membership team on 1300 255 432, or via email at membership@melbournecityfc.com.au before Wednesday 31 May 2017.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to having you on board for the 2017/18 season!

#ThisIsOurCity

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

Early bird info being released.  Got the e-mail,for City Gold Family price up to $1,345 ($122.77 per month) from $1,225. $96 for a family per game ....  Price increase of $120, about 9% ...

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/signed-up-with-city-opt-in-you-dont-have-to-do-anything/1vtdhcwtj1plt1i4j9knq6pela

Lucky you.

My wife and I, adults with no children, no concession, $660 each, $1320 for us both.

Too much.

• Like 1

And, of course, you've got only until 31st May to make a decision. By which time you probably won't know any squad changes, or the name of the new manager, the fixture details, or anything else about next season. This is not fair on existing members.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

The shit that's been dished up this season and the nerve of city group to increase prices!!! Wtf 

Just think of your City season ticket as being a season ticket to your B&D club, you are paying for the pain

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Lucky you.

My wife and I, adults with no children, no concession, $660 each, $1320 for us both.

Too much.

Come sit in the active bays, $270 ea

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bt50 said:

So has inflation and spend on squad...

What hasn't gone up is quality and results.

Paying more  getting less equals bitterness. 

What happened to capping the prices for existing ticket holders? Makes it very difficult to not be pissed off when every season you have to pay more for less.

@GreenSeater you need to add in April a paragraph how as soon as next seasons memberships are released you are so  outraged and it's this is the final straw and your out. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jovan said:

What happened to capping the prices for existing ticket holders? Makes it very difficult to not be pissed off when every season you have to pay more for less.

@GreenSeater you need to add in April a paragraph how as soon as next seasons memberships are released you are so  outraged and it's this is the final straw and your out. 

Not this year as far as quality and points go, although its arguable we have got better each season as far as finishing position and 'return' goes. As in we may still finish 3rd this year, as well as winning the Cup.

Don't mistake that with being content with this season, because its been a huge disappointment, but overall in terms of ladder position we havent gone backwards and we won our first trophy so its not all death and taxes.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jovan said:

For some reason I forgot that memberships come out in April, but yeah I completely predicted everything in this entire thread in my mega post:

AUGUST: "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT! Have you seen the prices for memberships this year?!? How can they justify an increase in price after how terrible last season was?!? I remember when this club used to care about the fans and listen to our input. This really is the final straw for me. I am out for good."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Not this year as far as quality and points go, although its arguable we have got better each season as far as finishing position and 'return' goes. As in we may still finish 3rd this year, as well as winning the Cup.

Don't mistake that with being content with this season, because its been a huge disappointment, but overall in terms of ladder position we havent gone backwards and we won our first trophy so its not all death and taxes.

So if we don't finish third which is more unlikely what then. Last season we finished with 44 points and currently 36. We scored more and I would also argue played a more attractive and entertaining style (apart from our first 5 games this season including cup games). 

So to say we have improved or got better I would disagree. And to be honest if it wasn't for the Cahill investment which was paid partly for by the League we probably wouldn't have won the cup. 

So to be content with a price increase based on getting better doesn't compute with me.

Edited by Jovan
Main reason I'm not happy is because I'm a tightarse and cringe when paying for anything
  • Like 1

Looking further into our prices, our best family package is $250 dollars more than Victory's best family package! And our Cat A & B are approx $100 more expensive than Victory's. How the faq can we grow if our membership is considerably higher than our rivals?

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jovan said:

So if we don't finish third which is more unlikely what then. Last season we finished with 44 points and currently 36. We scored more and I would also argue played a more attractive and entertaining style (apart from our first 5 games this season including cup games). 

So to say we have improved or got better I would disagree. And to be honest if it wasn't for the Cahill investment which was paid partly for by the League we probably wouldn't have won the cup. 

So to be content with a price increase based on getting better doesn't compute with me.

I think last year was better too, all im saying is we likely wont have gone backwards on the table and we have won our first trophy so its arguable that we had a more successful season, even if I dont necessarily believe that.

Not that i necessarily judge the club on their expenditure, i more just brought that up to say that the argument of it being a cash grab for no return is unjustified, but the league contributed less than 1 million out of 4 for the Cahill deal. 3 mil a season is still the biggest deal any player has been signed on in this league, so even if you dispute the sense of the investment with Cahill, you cant deny the club have had a go at an unprecedented level in this league.

I dont care if people dont think they aren't getting value for money and dont renew; thats the individual's prerogative, but people being strong on throwaway statements like we are being ripped off or there's no justification for price rises and being passed off as fact as opposed to opinion grind my gears somewhat.

PS Not really specifically aimed at you Jovan btw

• Like 3

I get what your saying and the only reason I brought up Cahill because it was a notable extra spend this season and FWIW I think its been money well spent. 

I just don't like it when costs go up and you get less for it. I'm still bitter about family membership going from 4 kids to 2 and have posted on here and city voice at every opportunity and probably will continue for next few years at least.

But at the end of the day you just pay, renew and complain. 

Just now, Jovan said:

I get what your saying and the only reason I brought up Cahill because it was a notable extra spend this season and FWIW I think its been money well spent. 

I just don't like it when costs go up and you get less for it. I'm still bitter about family membership going from 4 kids to 2 and have posted on here and city voice at every opportunity and probably will continue for next few years at least.

But at the end of the day you just pay, renew and complain. 

Absolutely, Cahill might not have dragged numbers through the gate as hoped but he definitely boosted membership sales and theres no doubt we got a good return as far as media coverage goes for his signing. Before Xmas particularly I've never seen so much City coverage in our existence. 

The family membership thing would probably irk me too if i had that many kids (ever thought about hitting up Ansell? :D) and it seems a strange move by the club, but perhaps they thought that the Cahill factor might force demand even higher and seats would be at a bit more of a premium they are in reality. Either way they'll learn from it and do what is in the clubs best interest going forward.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

I think last year was better too, all im saying is we likely wont have gone backwards on the table and we have won our first trophy so its arguable that we had a more successful season, even if I dont necessarily believe that.

Not that i necessarily judge the club on their expenditure, i more just brought that up to say that the argument of it being a cash grab for no return is unjustified, but the league contributed less than 1 million out of 4 for the Cahill deal. 3 mil a season is still the biggest deal any player has been signed on in this league, so even if you dispute the sense of the investment with Cahill, you cant deny the club have had a go at an unprecedented level in this league.

I dont care if people dont think they aren't getting value for money and dont renew; thats the individual's prerogative, but people being strong on throwaway statements like we are being ripped off or there's no justification for price rises and being passed off as fact as opposed to opinion grind my gears somewhat.

PS Not really specifically aimed at you Jovan btw

So what do you think (opinion, because none of us know the facts) are the reasons for a cost hike?

That asked, Mrs JW and I have been considering whether to continue our City Gold (formerly Premium A) foundation memberships since about January. Way before any increase was known. Mainly because of the boring football we we were being served up on the field more than anything else. We go to every home match we can, but conflicting events (such as weddings etc.) mean we generally miss one match a season, and occasionally two. At $1320 for the two of us, the cost starts to hurt when we can sit in City Blue for less than the cost of one City Gold seat. As you say, it's a personal choice. When I take into consideration the failure of Citizens this season and the debacle of City Voice, we're not going to be rushing into a decision to renew before 31st May. I think you can understand that.

On the matter of membership numbers and Cahill it's very difficult to get a meaningful comparison between seasons. Memberships are released at different times, and so are the 5-match, 3-match and other "special offer memberships." At the start of the playing season we were about 1000 members more this season than the next highest, which was 2014/15, the "David Villa season." Very close to 10% higher. IMO Cahill was not signed by us to boost our memberships in particular - the "full season guest marquee" spot was created by FFA specifically to import Cahill for the benefit of the league as a whole, not Melbourne City. AFAIK we were the only club to show interest, and we used the $3m to buy favour with FFA and the right to use "City blue" home jerseys from next season onwards.

As you say, it's all a matter of personal choice. We'll be at the game tonight, and our choice will depend on how we finish the season, whether we hang on to a home final, and how we go in the finals.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

Just now, bt50 said:

Probably a certainty barring a major signing

I was going to make that disclaimer but we've been waiting for a major signing since CFG took over.

Tim Cahill was as big as this league has ever had but even even he (probably) hasn't made a big impact on memberships. I can't see CFG putting up the cash for a genuine bums on seats star just out of one of the big three leagues.

• jw1739 pinned this topic