Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

30 minutes ago, ecguymer said:

...Sydney's hasn't changed since I last looked some 12-14 hours ago......ours has since climbed to 11,271 (so, 12 more in the last 3 hours)

They probably don't update it every time a membership application is processed. Perhaps once per day or something like that. 

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

They probably don't update it every time a membership application is processed. Perhaps once per day or something like that. 

at least they update it more frequently that the FFA update the overall membership tally page; that still has us on 10,731 (and the league as a whole with 102,865 across all clubs)

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Deeming said:

Makes sense - this far into the season it starts costing more to buy a membership rather than just buy tickets to the individual games.

Also I'd say this is directed at the "summer holiday" season. Provided it doesn't undercut the cost per match of buying a full season ticket IMO it's a good initiative. But I don't resile from my previous comments about "the numbers."

• Like 1

It is very hard to convince and convert people into following our club and open to getting down to 1 game.
When they do get to 1 game its hard to then get them coming to 2-3 more.
After you have a person attending these games its silly to expect the conversion for these people to jump straight into full season memberships will be high.
Thats why to soften the point of entry you make available these reduced game memberships so that when the next season comes around they buy the full season one.
That's just the evolution of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Didn't we have an 8 or 7 game membership last season? Why 5-game membership so early. I personally hate these 8/7/5/3/2/1-game membership. Can't people just buy a season membership ffs?

The reason we're now full season members is that we've done the 3 match memberships, last season twice, for a couple of seasons. They are excellent for people who can't commit to every match, and for those who are making a greater commitment than individual matches.  Great approach IMHO in moving fans to a greater level of commitment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Didn't we have an 8 or 7 game membership last season? Why 5-game membership so early. I personally hate these 8/7/5/3/2/1-game membership. Can't people just buy a season membership ffs?

2015/16 season:
"First four home matches" membership - 6th October 2015
"3-match holiday pack" membership - 23rd November 2015
"3- and 7-match pack" memberships - 16th January 2016

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, raw10 said:

Judging by this, I can't believe people still want to sign up to that rubbish of a club across town than us. For every one person that joined us, 2 decided to go with Victree. The fact that we have just won FFA cup means fuck all to these people.. I don't know what they see in that sinking ship :

http://www.footyindustry.com/?p=2854

I seriously doubt they are new members so to speak. These must be fans that already supported Victory at some stage of their lives and probably just decided to join again on a short term membership. You have to realise they have 5 years on us so l wouldn't worry about more members signing with them. I'm convinced 'new' members would opt for City.

53 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Disagree. I was at my son's primary school the other day for a all school function and atleast 3 blokes I was talking to all got on the topic of A League. They had all been to City games this season and were seriously considering getting memberships 2 were looking at the 5 gamers. Anyway the key to any growth will be through the kids. Primary school generation. If the club can engage with this demographic on a big scale across the suburbs this IMO is were the growth will be.

Older groups that already have developed ideas about the A league and soccer in general are much harder to crack.

Yeah thats exactly right. The club is going for the long game where as us as current supporters and the media just freak out at short term figures. 

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Disagree. I was at my son's primary school the other day for a all school function and atleast 3 blokes I was talking to all got on the topic of A League. They had all been to City games this season and were seriously considering getting memberships 2 were looking at the 5 gamers. Anyway the key to any growth will be through the kids. Primary school generation. If the club can engage with this demographic on a big scale across the suburbs this IMO is were the growth will be.

Older groups that already have developed ideas about the A league and soccer in general are much harder to crack.

Exactly. But this doesn't mean it's all long term. If the club focusses on schools and local teams you could still capture their parents. Give out tickets for prizes, involve them in the match day activities, develop Gosch's etc.

10 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

Exactly. But this doesn't mean it's all long term. If the club focusses on schools and local teams you could still capture their parents. Give out tickets for prizes, involve them in the match day activities, develop Gosch's etc.

Yes totally. If you get the kids the parents are a given. 

Definitely alot of work and it's not going to be one offs it has to be an organized continual sell. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Membership numbers:
13th December 2013:   6,911
13th December 2014: 10,672
13th December 2015:   8,416
13th December 2016:  11,791

And 11,791 is the highest "membership" tally ever -  more than we had by the end of the 2014/5 season.  Now all we need is consistent good football.

• jw1739 pinned this topic