Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I think aligning with a specific AFL club would alienate fans of other clubs, wouldn't mind if they did it with Storm, Rebels, United (cue @embee and @jimmy talking NBL shit I know nothing about) etc.

The storm would be the team i reckon. I'd hate to be aligned with someone like Collingwood, Hawthorn or Carlton 

2 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

The storm would be the team i reckon. I'd hate to be aligned with someone like Collingwood, Hawthorn or Carlton 

The original purchase by Manchester City involved 20% ownership by Storm interests so that FFA were kept in the dark as to the real change in ownership. When they were ready, those Storm interests were only to happy to sell their stake to City. So I can't see that Storm would have any real interest in us. However, the Rebels might be a different story in terms of a joint membership package or discounted tickets etc. I'd probably go to a couple of Rebels matches in that sort of system, if for nothing else that our off-season is just too long.

But I wouldn't want a bar of any arrangement with AFL interests.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I think aligning with a specific AFL club would alienate fans of other clubs, wouldn't mind if they did it with Storm, Rebels, United (cue @embee and @jimmy talking NBL shit I know nothing about) etc.

fair call too or just throw it open to AFL NRL ARU NBL members or something along those lines

No harm in trying to generate more interest from rival codes its pretty much the only way the club can grow

Edited by AntiScum
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, fidrildid6 said:

Is it knitted or silky?

9 hours ago, Dylan said:

Seems like the same material the new kits are made out of. Or at least very similar.

Yeah it's not silky like the old heart membership scarfs and it's not knitted, it is like an airy material, perforated like the kits, definitely a summer scalf which makes sense.
Quality is decent.

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

City Membership day on SEN. Plenty of interviews during the day for those interested.

Count now hurtling towards 10k, chance to break it prior to Round 1...

Now that would be true memberships prior to our first home game. All these 8/5/4/3 - game memberships are a good idea in a sense to bring more ppl through the gates but a member to me is one who purchases a season membership.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

City Membership day on SEN. Plenty of interviews during the day for those interested.

Count now hurtling towards 10k, chance to break it prior to Round 1...

Don't think we will hit it by round 1 but will be well over it by our first home game. Our membership is tracking very close to Sydney's.

I think we have finally "arrived"

26 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Now that would be true memberships prior to our first home game. All these 8/5/4/3 - game memberships are a good idea in a sense to bring more ppl through the gates but a member to me is one who purchases a season membership.

Absolutely right. It's the only number that should be counted by the clubs and by FFA. The limited-match "memberships" get people though the gates, get people interested, and can be added to the club's mailing list for future correspondence, but giving a 3-match ticket the same value in the metrics as a 13/14 match ticket is nothing more than fudging the numbers.

This one of the reasons why I started recording the numbers, but unfortunately didn't do it early enough to have a record for every season.

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Absolutely right. It's the only number that should be counted by the clubs and by FFA. The limited-match "memberships" get people though the gates, get people interested, and can be added to the club's mailing list for future correspondence, but giving a 3-match ticket the same value in the metrics as a 13/14 match ticket is nothing more than fudging the numbers.

This one of the reasons why I started recording the numbers, but unfortunately didn't do it early enough to have a record for every season.

At the away kit launch I had a chat with a staff member about this. He basically said that there are X amount of people (I think it was 300,000) in Victoria who are City "fans". What the 3/5/8 etc. offers is a form of engaging those fans and tangibly connecting them with the club in a way a traditional membership couldn't. I wouldn't call it fudging the numbers I would call it reacting to market demands.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

At the away kit launch I had a chat with a staff member about this. He basically said that there are X amount of people (I think it was 300,000) in Victoria who are City "fans". What the 3/5/8 etc. offers is a form of engaging those fans and tangibly connecting them with the club in a way a traditional membership couldn't. I wouldn't call it fudging the numbers I would call it reacting to market demands.

On this we will have to disagree. Where are you going to draw the line? A 2-match "membership"? A 1-match "membership"?

Anyway, this has all been debated before. We are not "members" of anything. Those who purchase a 13/14 match season ticket, or other multiple-match ticket (such as country or international), are what should properly be called "season-ticket holders." Anyone else is not a season-ticket holder. I cannot accept that a 3-match ticket has the same numerical value as a 13/14 match ticket. I emphasise that I'm saying nothing about the persons concerned - I'm simply referring to the numerical value.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

On this we will have to disagree. Where are you going to draw the line? A 2-match "membership"? A 1-match "membership"?

Anyway, this has all been debated before. We are not "members" of anything. Those who purchase a 13/14 match season ticket, or other multiple-match ticket (such as country or international), are what should properly be called "season-ticket holders." Anyone else is not a season-ticket holder. I cannot accept that a 3-match ticket has the same numerical value as a 13/14 match ticket. I emphasise that I'm saying nothing about the persons concerned - I'm simply referring to the numerical value.

Meh, does it really matter at the end of the day as long as the club knows it own numbers?

The dick measuring contest that the AFL in particular seem to have re numbers is a load of crap really. The club obv needs to have it own goals for a profitability point of view but i just dont think the exact number matters that much.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

At the away kit launch I had a chat with a staff member about this. He basically said that there are X amount of people (I think it was 300,000) in Victoria who are City "fans". 

Can testify to this. Everyone I know in my family, plus friends and teachers, are fans of Melbourne City, yet they'd never imagine going to a match or buying a membership.

17 minutes ago, Hughesie27 said:

Where do you check?

You need the first e-mail from Australia Post, saying the thing has been accepted for processing in Adelaide (where SportSubs is located) and that will give you a Tracking Number and a link to the AP site where you can track the parcel.

29 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You need the first e-mail from Australia Post, saying the thing has been accepted for processing in Adelaide (where SportSubs is located) and that will give you a Tracking Number and a link to the AP site where you can track the parcel.

Ah cheers.  Not received that yet so assume it hasn't been sent yet. I want my Season ticket before the first home game!

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

is that email the same thing as the eWay confirmation email? cause there's no tracking number there, just a transaction number

So yep not happy Jan! I paid this seasons membership fees in freaking March so your meaning to tell me between march and october they have done nothing with memberships? Tomorrow night is round one and still nothing....i'm going to be pissed tomorrow if I get home and I have no membership pack sitting at my door......

Edited by MICHAEL_MACGYVER
ANGRY CAN"T TYPE PROPERLY

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

To be a smart arse for a moment, I could by a country membership at any stage before or after the start of the season because it fits my circumstances, fill the 5 game quota and still be a proper member, true?

I'm sure I've taken it out of context of what was meant, but in itself that's how I see people who buy a membership - all to support the club by a means that suits the ticket holders needs, desires and where they are in life at the point in time they sign up.

Some who "bought in" when Villa signed would have bailed at the first sight of trouble, others buy memberships and stay (a.) through thick and thin and (b.) regardless of how many times they can attend. 

Numbers are numbers

Edited by mattyh001

58 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

Well here it is. Day before season starts number of season ticker holders stands at 9795, just shy of 10,000. Historically, about 80% of your ticket holders sign up by now so we could expect to reach close to 12,000 by early new year.

29853324010_7b6530116a_b.jpg

That's if anyone actually recieves their memberships

10 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Good thing we aren't playing at home round 1. No one would be able to attend...

I'm 'supposed' to receive mine today, and it rolled over from last year. So pretty slack on that front.

Id assume getting them out early, so people can put stickers on cars, key rings etc would be a priority for the club.

3 minutes ago, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

So seeing as the MAJORITY of members didn't receive there membership packs prior to start of the season does that mean we will get some sort of reimbursement for every round played we don't have our memberships?

An email was sent out last week saying they'll arrive in the first two weeks of October. For now relax, then worry about if theyre not here by the week of the first home game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

So seeing as the MAJORITY of members didn't receive there membership packs prior to start of the season does that mean we will get some sort of reimbursement for every round played we don't have our memberships?

There was an issue with the supply of the scarves included with the membership. Hence the initial delay in despatch. But the remainder of the delay in delivery can be laid at the feet of Australia Post. My parcel was despatched by SportSubs in Adelaide last Friday and "processed" at Sunshine West yesterday morning at 05.29. Heard nothing since. The Pony Express would have been faster.

8 minutes ago, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

I havn't had any email from Auspost...i've had the email form SportsSub saying we have taken your money....but nothing saying its on the way

If you're concerned that something has gone amiss I would ring the membership hotline.  1300 255 432

• jw1739 pinned this topic