Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

32 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Be interesting to see how the various categories of membership break down as the season progresses.  FWIW we've really appreciated the three match deals over the past two or three seasons, as it has allowed us to make some commitment when full membership seemed too much to commit to.  By last season we were up to two three match passes a season, plus other matches, and full membership became a no brainer.  It didn't cost much more, and we'd increasingly found we wanted to be there for every match.  So as a marketing tool, the three match passes are a brilliant idea, and a great way for engaging people gradually.

Absolutely. That's how we started too.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

It also depends on what's counted as a "membership" and what's not. I think counting the 3- and 4- match "specials" as equivalent to a 13- or 14- match season ticket is just fudging the numbers. TBH I think FFA is indulging in a pissing contest with itself to try to make things look better than they really are.

As JW says it depends how and what you count. But, for the record "memberships" were:

Sydney         mcfc

2014/15                 11501           11759

2015/16                  13154           9431

2016/17 (as of 31/10/16)  9201       8015

We are currently tracking more than 11% above the "Villa" season of 2014/15

Edited by mjake1234
Add
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Geez WSW and Tards are doing well.. Pains me to say it!

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Nothing new TBH 

Both have been very successful on the field. Ultimately that's what counts. 
We have been unsuccessful - even last season we choked.
The reality is that until our membership is double what it is, i.e. 16,000 by this time every off-season, we will not have "arrived" as a club.

6 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Not to be a massive douche canoe, but would it be possible to get those numbers reversed @Tesla? So the most recent number is at the top.

Yeah I was planning to but was in a rush, done now.

Also I want to reduce the number of records, I think scrapping every half an hour isn't a problem but maybe they shouldn't all be displayed.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Cityscape said:

September 12 2014 - 7,554

September 12 2015 - 6,282

September 09 2016 - 8,283

+ 2001 on last year, +729 on the Villa year.

Tracking nicely all round with virtually zero buildup re: Cahill yet. Only going to get bigger.

Don't doubt that we will hit 9,000 by the first match..... But how close to 10,000 will we get?

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Clearly someone edited the red on it.  My guess is @morphine or @CaNNaVo93

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-League#/media/File:MCYicon.png

Yeah thought I'd give them all an upgrade from the standard striped ones

Not worth it when they didn't accept my Victory one though:blink: The colours are there and its a simple representation, poor form Wiki....

blue-emoji-glitter-poop-Favim.com-357077

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

8.5k ATM, less than a month to go, Don't see us pushing too far past the 9k mark to be honest
I reckon 9146 by round 1

Agree. A win against WSW in the Cup will probably help us, but overall I don't think we will start the season much different from the "David Villa season" 2014/15.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Agree. A win against WSW in the Cup will probably help us, but overall I don't think we will start the season much different from the "David Villa season" 2014/15.

Tbh that would be a pretty decent result imo.

A cup win and a good performance on Wednesday night would be bloody great for everyone really, including this forum :rolleyes: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Tbh that would be a pretty decent result imo.

A cup win and a good performance on Wednesday night would be bloody great for everyone really, including this forum :rolleyes: 

Absolutely BT!  Think we're all a bit freaked out by shipping four against the Nix.  We're worrying how many WSW will get on that basis.  A bloody good performance would be really useful...  We ought to have aspirations of winning the cup this year, and a home tie ought to be an advantage regardless of the opposition.

• jw1739 pinned this topic