Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

10 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

What I would prefer is to compare our membership to the year before last when we had a similar amount of marquee hype with David Villa. What is encouraging is that this comparison also shows us well up in numbers.

Unfortunately I don't have a record of numbers before 30th September 2014. But the number at the end of that day was 8,334.

At the conclusion of 19th August 2016 (last night) 2016/17 memberships were 7,621. 2014/15 number 5,582.

IMO we look likely to match or exceed the David Villa number in due course. But time will tell.

1 hour ago, Jozzy said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but did we have about 9500 members last season? It'd be awesome to have that beat before the season even starts.

9,452. But that number included all sorts of 3- and 5-match memberships etc. The number before all those offers was 7,058. So we are already past that.

On 20 August 2016 at 9:42 AM, jw1739 said:

Unfortunately I don't have a record of numbers before 30th September 2014. But the number at the end of that day was 8,334.

At the conclusion of 19th August 2016 (last night) 2016/17 memberships were 7,621. 2014/15 number 5,582.

If Villa could get nearly 3,000 (5582-8334) members in September than by that logic Cahill quite possibly could shoot us up near 10k. But also just like when Villa came I'm sure there will be the masses who come to the first game for the hype. 

BTW anyone know how many seats AAMI holds except the 2nd level areas? I know they opened that for villa and am wondering what demand would cause them to open it up.

1 hour ago, MattN said:

If Villa could get nearly 3,000 (5582-8334) members in September than by that logic Cahill quite possibly could shoot us up near 10k. But also just like when Villa came I'm sure there will be the masses who come to the first game for the hype. 

BTW anyone know how many seats AAMI holds except the 2nd level areas? I know they opened that for villa and am wondering what demand would cause them to open it up.

As close as you need to know it, Levels 1&2 combined hold 20,000, and Level 3 10,000. But in practice, because of reserved seats for members (which can't be released to walk-ups even if they're unoccupied), you have to open Level 3 when the attendance reaches about 15,000.

3 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Looks like a dork. Wouldn't want him at my games anyway. Next.

I know a dork in front of the terrace who looks exaclty like that, LMAO

Plus, all these cunts talking shit about our team are gonna be so so salty once the season starts and we win the treble with all games above 10k attendance

Edited by jeffplz
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I know a dork in front of the terrace who looks exaclty like that, LMAO

Plus, all these cunts talking shit about our team are gonna be so so salty once the season starts and we win the treble with all games above 10k attendance

image.jpeg

• Like 4

On 8/23/2016 at 6:15 PM, rass said:

Lol how bad is the font change 

I knew this was a meme, but just found it funny how he reminded me of JVS for some reason....

-Deleted Image-

Edited by haz

35 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

14.5 i think

That's correct.
As someone following the "numbers" I'd say that it is a completely unrealistic target. At the present time we're tracking some 1900 above last season, and about 680 above the "David Villa season", and since the daily number has been available we're averaging an increase of 27 per day.
Hopefully we'll see some improvement as we get closer to the season itself.

10 hours ago, Tony999 said:

8k according to my sauce who works at Latrobe

Bitter experience with this club tells me that the only reliable source - of anything, not just memberships - is when something is published on the club web-site, which as of 24.00 last night stood at 7,836. Maybe the others are in the pipeline but the money not actually transferred into the Sportsubs/club system or not yet official for some other reason, but I can go only on the published number.

2 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

Anyone who went yesterday, Surely the membership tent was up... and if so how was the line for that all day?

Yep. Membership, merchandise, and the players tent. Also had games and competitions for the kids. The line to the players was about 300 deep. All the young kids were there for Tim and were buzzing. Many adult victards were there for Timmy too. My son said it was a great day with a great vibe.

2 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

Knew nothing about it. Where was it advertised.

Facebook, Twitter and email I think.

2 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

Knew nothing about it. Where was it advertised.

Club Facebook, club Twitter. Also on the club website 23rd August. Lead story on the City Insider e-mail on 23rd August, and also in the City Insider e-mail of 25th August.

• jw1739 pinned this topic