Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

22 hours ago, fensaddler said:

I'm not across the details, but if my memory serves, you had to get your application for membership in or paid by a certain date. The GA tickets are an early bird benefit. You may have missed the cut off date? 

I was automatically rolled over well before the cut of date when you get your pack you may see that there is a notification re the 2 GA tickets but they are not actually in the pack . I think someone has already rung the club and asked the question to which they replied it was an oversight and the tickets or a voucher will be emailed soon.

29 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

I was automatically rolled over well before the cut of date when you get your pack you may see that there is a notification re the 2 GA tickets but they are not actually in the pack . I think someone has already rung the club and asked the question to which they replied it was an oversight and the tickets or a voucher will be emailed soon.

They are usually quite apologetic and send you the missing stuff but that's what happens when you get amateurs packing the memberships. I remember heaps of people were missing things from their membership packs last season.

18 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

They are usually quite apologetic and send you the missing stuff but that's what happens when you get amateurs packing the memberships. I remember heaps of people were missing things from their membership packs last season.

Not to mention that we signed up in late MAY and it has taken them five months to not get it right.

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

I do. This sort of shit irritates me. 

Im not saying theyre doing a good job or anything in respect to getting these out, but provided they come a week before the first game i really get my head around people actually getting annoyed about it. Lifes too short to worry about something that irrelevant.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Im not saying theyre doing a good job or anything in respect to getting these out, but provided they come a week before the first game i really get my head around people actually getting annoyed about it. Lifes too short to worry about something that irrelevant.

I must disagree totally. To me and more importantly the kids getting the membership pack after the season has started is not irrelevant. 

We deserve better. Accepting mediocrity really annoys me. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bt50 said:

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I must disagree totally. To me and more importantly the kids getting the membership pack after the season has started is not irrelevant. 

We deserve better. Accepting mediocrity really annoys me. 

I think you both agree

12 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

Incorrect.

bt50 is referring to the first HOME game, Jovan is referring to the start of the A-League 18/19 season. 

Well the way I read BT comment was that he was implying that my problem about not receiving the membership pack wasn't a big deal as long as I had it prior to round 3. Which in all practical logic makes sense, but when your a wound up winger that wants to smash some cunt doesn't wash. Receiving something 3 months after you bought it, and its less than 10k to deliver is unacceptable. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

Incorrect.

bt50 is referring to the first HOME game, Jovan is referring to the start of the A-League 18/19 season. 

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

It's irrespective whether his intention was to state the first home game and he forgot. You are incorrect based on what he said. Bt50 stated a week before the first game which is on Saturday. Jovan is referring to Saturday's game as well. So far they agree. Sorry bud but I'm right. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Well the way I read BT comment was that he was implying that my problem about not receiving the membership pack wasn't a big deal as long as I had it prior to round 3. Which in all practical logic makes sense, but when your a wound up winger that wants to smash some cunt doesn't wash. Receiving something 3 months after you bought it, and its less than 10k to deliver is unacceptable. 

Personal opinion but I think 3 weeks out is ideal

Edited by n i k o

FWIW I still haven't received mine, despite being with the club since the early days and having the membership roll over year on year.  I get the impression this is a common pattern.

as such I see the lack of memberships arriving before / so close to the start of the season as a lack of respect to fans TBH.  irrespective of the club's reasoning, there's no real need to delay sending out memberships, particularly where the membership has been rolled over / commenced at least several weeks or months in advance. 

honestly where is the value in taking so long / leaving it until the season has started for members to feel they have access (be part of it) ?

if the club is serious about fan engagement then they need to speed it up (now and into the future). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

You are incorrect based on what he said. Bt50 stated a week before the first game which is on Saturday. Jovan is referring to Saturday's game as well. So far they agree. Sorry bud but I'm right. 

Personal opinion but I think 3 weeks out is ideal

You are correct that he stated the first game however, it is not clear if he is referring to:

1) the first game of the season

2) the first game at home (as this is the first game the membership is actually required for entrance)

10 hours ago, bt50 said:

But he previously told us that he recognises our first game as the first home game.

17 hours ago, bt50 said:

First game isnt until the 2nd. Who cares.

It is further clear that Jovan will not receive his membership until AFTER this week's first game as mentioned here:

18 hours ago, Jovan said:

Just had a look at the tracker and ETA is 22/10. 

Absolute joke. To say I'm not happy would be a understatement. We automatically roll over, how inept.

I have sent them an email. 

Hopefully I've been able to clear that up for you.

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

Sorry bud but I'm right. 

Sorry friend. I am the one who is correct.

Fwiw i was referring to the first home game.

To my knowledge the club delays the order as long as possible so they can order them in bulk and save on costs and administrative time.

For example its easier, cheaper and quicker for them to wait until they have 5,000 members at 1 September and do them all at once, than to send off for 2,500 members at 1 August and another 2,500 on Sep 1. Not saying thats the right approach to take at all, but thats why it happens.

• Thanks 1

They should fuck off the personalized card and introduce personal delivery.

But whatever the reason which they haven't responded by the way is immaterial the fact is they asked for payment months ago (direct rollover ) and have had plenty of time to get the pact delivered in time for the season. 

It's just basic incompetence and brushing it off is just another example of acceptance of sub standard pratices. 

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Jovan said:

But whatever the reason which they haven't responded by the way is immaterial the fact is they asked for payment months ago (direct rollover ) and have had plenty of time to get the pact delivered in time for the season. 

It's just basic incompetence and brushing it off is just another example of acceptance of sub standard pratices. 

I actually like the personalized cards.

I keep mine, but i like them more so for the kids memberships as its almost like a mini photo album for their years as members

I completely forgot about the custom cards until it was too late. The kids weren't too happy...

I totally get the frustration here. My membership is an auto renewal. Last check on the tracker says it was dispatched 15/10. Weird because last week it said dispatched 11/10... Still don't have them.

Yet peeps we know who have been members for less time have already received them, and a while ago too.

They do need to be little more consistent here. Wouldve been nice to wear the scarf, etc on Saturday.

5 hours ago, Jovan said:

You going to pay the extra $5-$10 that will be put on your memebership cost to cover it?

@bt50 is right. You save heaps of money buying in bulk and the logistics of ordering and then sending out becomes much easier. The club is a business and it will be run like a business.

Edited by haz

14 hours ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

You are correct that he stated the first game however, it is not clear if he is referring to:

1) the first game of the season

2) the first game at home (as this is the first game the membership is actually required for entrance)

But he previously told us that he recognises our first game as the first home game.

It is further clear that Jovan will not receive his membership until AFTER this week's first game as mentioned here:

Hopefully I've been able to clear that up for you.

Sorry friend. I am the one who is correct.

He states 'the' first game and not 'our' first game denoting that the things (home or away) are assumed to be common knowledge. If he said previously that he recognises 'our' first home as 'the' first game then the use of 'the' here is apt and I withdraw my argument. If however he has previously used the word 'the' then at the time I am right because it isn't common knowledge of his intended meaning based on the grammar utilised by bt50.  

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Fredinho69 said:

Got mine today. Was a member since day 1 with Heart yet didn't receive a Foundation member scarf??? Did think I have missed a year somewhere as my membership states 8 years and I believe that year was the first year as City.

I am the same. I wasn't member year 3 but was foundation member. My card says 8 consecutive years though. Wanted that foundation member scarf :(

Although it's pleasing to get recognition of Foundation Membership via the scarf, what a pity there's no acknowledgement of the old red-and-white on it. I guess I'll work out how to get my free GA tickets, and other than the actual Membership card to get me into AAMI Park and my seat the other couple of items are just plastic shit that I don't need. Doesn't look like a whole lot of thought went into it.

Questions:
Did everyone get some sort of scarf?
Did children get the same as adults?

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Although it's pleasing to get recognition of Foundation Membership via the scarf, what a pity there's no acknowledgement of the old red-and-white on it. I guess I'll work out how to get my free GA tickets, and other than the actual Membership card to get me into AAMI Park and my seat the other couple of items are just plastic shit that I don't need. Doesn't look like a whole lot of thought went into it.

Questions:

We did get recognition, didn’t you have hearts on yours?

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Questions:

No-foundation members like us (would have been difficult as we weren't in the country back then) did get a scarf, but a different one. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic