Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Do you think a lot of the people going to AAMI know what those are - I'm not sure about that? Apart from "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" I wouldn't know what the supporters of any of those three clubs sing or chant. The only others that I'd really recognise would be the "Pompey Chimes" and "Blue Moon", and maybe "On The Ball City."

Well, I'm pretty sure there's no "United" in City's name, a Salah that plays for Melbourne or an area in the ground known as the RBB that we sing about whilst doing the poznan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Embee said:

Well, I'm pretty sure there's no "United" in City's name, a Salah that plays for Melbourne or an area in the ground known as the RBB that we sing about whilst doing the poznan. 

Well, maybe I'm not listening, too absorbed in watching the game, because I've not heard any of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Embee said:

Unfortunately all of this is correct. Our terrace is a joke.

Edited by Forever City
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Embee said:

I wouldn't classify 'taking a risk' as singing Liverpool, WSW and West Ham songs.

Cringe worthy.

I'd much rather sing those than the same, bland chants we drone on with tbh, at least they created more noise than the others

When the terrace is half full, getting aggro with the blokes who are showing up (and particularly in the case of the guys who started these chants, who were the only guys in the terrace who seemed to want to try and create atmosphere) isn't going to do much

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Do you think a lot of the people going to AAMI know what those are - I'm not sure about that? Apart from "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" I wouldn't know what the supporters of any of those three clubs sing or chant. The only others that I'd really recognise would be the "Pompey Chimes" and "Blue Moon", and maybe "On The Ball City."

Can't see the problem anyway. These are clubs in the UK. We'll have fans from many clubs, borrow away. Moreover, happens all the time in the UK. Walsall fans most loved chant is one nicked from Newcastle United to the tune of Blaydon Races. All we did was change the street name so that the lyric was 'Walking down the Wednesbury Road to see the Walsall aces'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hellenic Hero said:

I'd much rather sing those than the same, bland chants we drone on with tbh, at least they created more noise than the others

When the terrace is half full, getting aggro with the blokes who are showing up (and particularly in the case of the guys who started these chants, who were the only guys in the terrace who seemed to want to try and create atmosphere) isn't going to do much

Lol. If the terrace's least bland and loudest chant is 'RBB ole ole ole' then you might as well fold it.

Fucking awful.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Embee said:

Lol. If the terrace's least bland and loudest chant is 'RBB ole ole ole' then you might as well fold it.

Fucking awful.

Blame the blokes up the back who contribute four fifths of fuck all then, not the ones who were actually chanting

Edited by Hellenic Hero

You've got six months to come up with some good ones for next season and beyond, whether they're new or borrowed. No point in throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

If you stick to something that most people recognise than there's a good chance that more people will join in.

4 minutes ago, Forever City said:

I would say the biggest problems for the terrace are. 

People turning up to the terrace

Holding a chant longer than 1 minute.

General participation in chants.

Maybe we need a marquee capo, someone to attract the crowds. This guys been around the block, maybe melburnians can make a call out..

kwRWAKy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

E-mail from the club about Elimination Final tickets.

It's time to get excited! Finals football returns to AAMI Park and we need you to wear your City colours with pride.

As a City member, you'll be able to purchase your same seat to our home Elimination Final via an exclusive same seat window which runs on Monday 16th April between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM (AEST).

Additional details regarding your priority window will come in a reminder email on April 15.

Important Notes:

• You will receive an email with your unique pre-sale password prior to your pre-sale time.
  • If you don't receive an email, use the 14 digit number on the back of your membership card to purchase tickets.
  • You will only be able to purchase your same seat between 9:00am and 4:00pm (AEST) on Monday 16th April.
  • The maximum number of tickets you'll be able to purchase during the same seat window is limited to one ticket per password for each transaction.
  • If you don't wish to purchase your same seat, or would like to purchase additional tickets, you'll still be able to do so using your password before general public tickets go on sale at 11:00 AM on Tuesday 17th April.

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

E-mail from the club about Elimination Final tickets.

It's time to get excited! Finals football returns to AAMI Park and we need you to wear your City colours with pride.

As a City member, you'll be able to purchase your same seat to our home Elimination Final via an exclusive same seat window which runs on Monday 16th April between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM (AEST).

Additional details regarding your priority window will come in a reminder email on April 15.

Important Notes:

• You will receive an email with your unique pre-sale password prior to your pre-sale time.
  • If you don't receive an email, use the 14 digit number on the back of your membership card to purchase tickets.
  • You will only be able to purchase your same seat between 9:00am and 4:00pm (AEST) on Monday 16th April.
  • The maximum number of tickets you'll be able to purchase during the same seat window is limited to one ticket per password for each transaction.
  • If you don't wish to purchase your same seat, or would like to purchase additional tickets, you'll still be able to do so using your password before general public tickets go on sale at 11:00 AM on Tuesday 17th April.

It I'll be played on the Friday 20th or Saturday 21st  as Victory have confirmed that they'll play on the sunday.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Anyone else receive (2nd May) another invitation to complete a survey? Looks the fairly standard sort of thing, but with the addition of the "best thing" and "worst thing" that City has done this season.

Yeh I completed it

15 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Yeh I completed it

Ditto. Not well written questions and not sure what information they will give. They asked how long I had been a member twice.

Also they asked if I was involved with any fan group/club. Other than active and FRG what are these?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Anyone else receive (2nd May) another invitation to complete a survey? Looks the fairly standard sort of thing, but with the addition of the "best thing" and "worst thing" that City has done this season.

Yes, I received one yesterday. Completed and returned:tooth:. They did repeat the same questions , poor proof reading

1 hour ago, mjake1234 said:

Ditto. Not well written questions and not sure what information they will give. They asked how long I had been a member twice.

Also they asked if I was involved with any fan group/club. Other than active and FRG what are these?

MU5 etc etc. 

3 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Wasnt it "the last month"? 

Well, I got quite a way through it and then did something it didn't like on my keyboard and it threw me back to the start! So I'll look when I have another go today.

Edit: It is "this season."

Edited by jw1739
  • Thanks 1

On 03/05/2018 at 10:04 AM, mjake1234 said:

City Youth, S16, MU5

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adelaide have announced cheaper memberships. For example, their Adult GA is now $258 per season (next season 14 matches). Ours is $290 per season (next season 13 matches). Not much in it, but I guess every little helps.

On the other hand their Child GA is $70 and ours $65. Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by jw1739

On 5/14/2018 at 5:17 PM, Heart of oakleigh said:

Called up membership department today to renew my silver membership. Steve gave me a 5% discount which added up to $25.00

Surely we deserve a 10% discount 😂😂😂

Stevo gave me 20% discount.

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Adelaide have announced cheaper memberships. For example, their Adult GA is now $258 per season (next season 14 matches). Ours is $290 per season (next season 13 matches). Not much in it, but I guess every little helps.

On the other hand their Child GA is $70 and ours $65. Swings and roundabouts.

So ours has gone up by $5? Pretty sure my bro paid $60 and the season before was a bargain at $40.

• jw1739 pinned this topic